+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: PVP Team Matching Broken?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default PVP Team Matching Broken?

    After suffering 14 losses in a row the other day and 7 yesterday and 5 today I have come to the conclusion that PVP team matchmaking is broken. Now I realize this isn't new news to many of you and I also understand TRION has tried to make it better a few patches ago, but the truth is it's still broke.

    So until the day TRION can actually fix this problem I suggest a indirect fix, one that would at least help people get their weeklies done and maybe save someone from going bald in the process. My suggestion would be something to the effect of maybe lets say, three losses = a win on your weekly. You know, lose three matches and still get a win credit for a match on your weekly.

    What say you people of RIFT. Is this a good or bad idea?

  2. #2
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,257

    Default

    bad idea.
    unless you also include three wipes to a raid boss count as a "win" as well and lets me loot and progress.

    if you want your win, work for it.
    if you think its your team that is the problem, bring a better team with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    So what you are suggesting is a win for participating, no matter how you do. This isn't Tee-Ball, we all have bad streaks.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    bad idea.

    if you want your win, work for it.
    if you think its your team that is the problem, bring a better team with you.
    Wow what a ignorant and blanketed statement to make of someone you don't know. It's obvious you haven't a clue on how hard I "work for it". I think sticking it out through 14 matches for the next one to be a win and normally being in the top 5 players on your team is in fact working for it. And not to mention I never ***** like a lot of people do in PVP matches. I live under the philosophy that "you win some and you lose some". But not to acknowledge there is a problem only indicates that you must have you head up your ***.

    Also not everyone chooses to be in a big PVP guild and don't have the people to take with them. Some people prefer smaller guilds with personal friends to avoid the drama that usually plagues bigger guilds. So should PVP only cater to RAIDS? I think not as this would eliminate a lot of people from a fair shake.

    My suggestion wasn't to give a person a credit for a single lose but for three.

    Also this has nothing to do with PVE or killing a boss mob and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know there is a big different from PVP matches vs raiding a dungeon. So don't try comparing apples to oranges here because you know there is no comparison.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heydude View Post
    Wow what a ignorant and blanketed statement to make of someone you don't know. It's obvious you haven't a clue on how hard I "work for it". I think sticking it out through 14 matches for the next one to be a win and normally being in the top 5 players on your team is in fact working for it. And not to mention I never ***** like a lot of people do in PVP matches. I live under the philosophy that "you win some and you lose some". But not to acknowledge there is a problem only indicates that you must have you head up your ***.

    Also not everyone chooses to be in a big PVP guild and don't have the people to take with them. Some people prefer smaller guilds with personal friends to avoid the drama that usually plagues bigger guilds. So should PVP only cater to RAIDS? I think not as this would eliminate a lot of people from a fair shake.

    My suggestion wasn't to give a person a credit for a single lose but for three.

    Also this has nothing to do with PVE or killing a boss mob and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know there is a big different from PVP matches vs raiding a dungeon. So don't try comparing apples to oranges here because you know there is no comparison.
    There is no such as a thing as a "big PVP guild", NT expansion got rid of that. If you solo queue expect to get rolled alot of the times, if you group queue expect the same.

    I have come to the conclusion it is all about the time and day you queue, matchmaking will never be perfect .

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Solution:

    Instead of "Win 3 Karthan Ridge", change it to "Play 6 Karthan ridge (wins count double)".

    (inspired by swtor)

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    There is no such as a thing as a "big PVP guild", NT expansion got rid of that. If you solo queue expect to get rolled alot of the times, if you group queue expect the same.

    I have come to the conclusion it is all about the time and day you queue, matchmaking will never be perfect .
    You are right! Matchmaking will never be perfect. But the simple fact of the matter it isn't even close. I only make my suggestion to help ease the lack of it being perfect or even acceptable as a way to help deal with the loosing streaks that can come one right after the other for many days straight.

    We all know the thing to do is directly fix the problem, but will that ever happen? It sure feels like it won't.

    And also don't get me wrong because I have streaks to where I do OK also, but it seems since 3.0 the bad streaks come a lot more than the good.

    Also thank you for the time of day suggestion. I have noticed the same thing myself. Not to mention it's much worse after the reset (Wed) and on weekends.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashgaroth View Post
    Solution:

    Instead of "Win 3 Karthan Ridge", change it to "Play 6 Karthan ridge (wins count double)".

    (inspired by swtor)
    LOL, that sounds reasonable to me.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    I present to you the demographic that drove me away from MMO's for good.

    But but...I want to win...even when I lose!!!

    THIS ISN'T FAIR. /STOMP FEET!!!!!!
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-17-2014 at 01:51 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    There is no such as a thing as a "big PVP guild", NT expansion got rid of that. If you solo queue expect to get rolled alot of the times, if you group queue expect the same.

    I have come to the conclusion it is all about the time and day you queue, matchmaking will never be perfect .
    It would be if Trion implements a solo-only queue. Unfortunately, guilds are the top spenders in this game and the "premade" customer is always right.
    Last edited by Observers; 12-17-2014 at 02:20 AM.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I present to you the demographic that drove me away from MMO's for good.

    But but...I want to win...even when I lose!!!

    THIS ISN'T FAIR. /STOMP FEET!!!!!!
    Violacea it looks like you missed the OP's point. Or were you just trolling? Being that you have been driven away from MMO's at your own admission it seems the later.

    To the OP: I understand what you getting at and I agree something needs to be done but I'm not sure this is the answer. I personally think the whole system needs revamped.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    76

    Default

    With raiding if you take a well equiped and competent force with you and complete the raid you have not negatively impacted on someone elses game.

    With warfronts doing the same and steamrolling through a bunch of pugs you will.

    THAT is my issue with how things are.

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    512

    Default

    The answer is simple. Stop rewarding folks for loosing matches in warfronts. This would stop a lot of AFK. You don't reward failure in dungeons do you? Getting a kill x numbers of players in warfronts doesn't help. Change it to winning 10 warfronts in a week of any variety.

    90% of warfront players are PUGS. Ever notice how life is made miserable on a Wednesday Thursday and Tuesday? That's because premades are doing their weeklies - stacked with cross healing healers, full support,damage and comms.

    Stop premades in warfronts. Yeah make you own and stop casuals is the TRION Mantra for everything. What it amounts to is the individual not sinking their time and effort in trying to improve / advance /learn the maps because they will be discouraged when they come up against a premade who stomps .. Some treat it like a job running almost 8 hrs a day.ll

    Now CQ is active allow premades there but stop premades in warfronts. Simples.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heydude View Post
    Wow what a ignorant and blanketed statement to make of someone you don't know. It's obvious you haven't a clue on how hard I "work for it".
    clearly not as hard as the other team worked for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heydude View Post
    I think sticking it out through 14 matches for the next one to be a win and normally being in the top 5 players on your team is in fact working for it.
    please describe the difference between your "sticking it out" for 14 matches and AFKing for 14 matches while watching movies on Netflix.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heydude View Post
    And not to mention I never ***** like a lot of people do in PVP matches. I live under the philosophy that "you win some and you lose some". But not to acknowledge there is a problem only indicates that you must have you head up your ***.
    I do acknowledge there is a problem with the queue system.
    but there is also a problem with the players in warfronts.
    your suggestion does nothing to fix the queue problem, and will actually make the player problem much much worse, as it caters to AFKers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heydude View Post
    Also not everyone chooses to be in a big PVP guild and don't have the people to take with them. Some people prefer smaller guilds with personal friends to avoid the drama that usually plagues bigger guilds. So should PVP only cater to RAIDS? I think not as this would eliminate a lot of people from a fair shake.
    I completed my guns for hire quest as a pug. so do many other players. it is doable. often you have to make some effort, you need to understand the mechanics of the map, and you have to do what needs doing, not what the rest of the team is doing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heydude View Post
    My suggestion wasn't to give a person a credit for a single lose but for three.
    you suggestion is a bad one and only caters to bad player and AFKers
    it does nothing to address any problems, and will in fact make some problems even worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heydude View Post
    Also this has nothing to do with PVE or killing a boss mob and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know there is a big different from PVP matches vs raiding a dungeon. So don't try comparing apples to oranges here because you know there is no comparison.
    it has been stated by the devs that there is no compartmentalization of the game (such as into pvp and pve). there is just Rift.
    as such, I wasn't comparing an apple to an orange, I was comparing one side of the apple to another side of the apple. each side is just a part of the same fruit.
    as such, any comparison is perfectly valid.

    if you want the queue system fixed, address the problems with the queue system.
    if you want to be carried to auto wins while you AFK between zone events, at least have the honesty to admit it, and apply the same dumbing down to every part of the game.

    perhaps this is more like the game you want Rift to become.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    clearly not as hard as the other team worked for it.
    Team being the key word. Remember you said this.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    please describe the difference between your "sticking it out" for 14 matches and AFKing for 14 matches while watching movies on Netflix.
    Once again another ignorant comment without knowing me. I always give it my best, I am also a seasoned player and know what I'm doing on a warfront.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v;4972566I
    do acknowledge there is a problem with the queue system.
    but there is also a problem with the players in warfronts.
    your suggestion does nothing to fix the queue problem, and will actually make the player problem much much worse, as it caters to AFKers.
    Thank you for acknowledging there is a problem without throwing out insults about a person you know nothing about. And you actually make a valid point here, so thank you for that. This makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v;4972566I
    completed my guns for hire quest as a pug. so do many other players. it is doable. often you have to make some effort, you need to understand the mechanics of the map, and you have to do what needs doing, not what the rest of the team is doing.
    I know what I'm doing in a warfront, unfortunately a warfront is seldom if ever won on one players or even 1/2 the players hard efforts.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    you suggestion is a bad one and only caters to bad player and AFKers
    it does nothing to address any problems, and will in fact make some problems even worse.
    This is a good point about the AFK'es but I disagree when you say It doesn't address any problems. Have you read my post? Do you comprehend reading well or are you just so caught up in trolling you missed the boat?


    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    it has been stated by the devs that there is no compartmentalization of the game (such as into pvp and pve). there is just Rift.
    as such, I wasn't comparing an apple to an orange, I was comparing one side of the apple to another side of the apple. each side is just a part of the same fruit.
    as such, any comparison is perfectly valid.
    I disagree. But you don't seem like the type of person who can admit when your wrong so there is no sense in debating it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    if you want the queue system fixed, address the problems with the queue system.
    if you want to be carried to auto wins while you AFK between zone events, at least have the honesty to admit it, and apply the same dumbing down to every part of the game.
    Another ignorant comment without facts or any basis. Comments like this do not help you articulate your point, unless of course your just trolling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts