+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 58
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: PVP Team Matching Broken?

  1. #16
    Ascendant Rheven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Losses = wins is really a bad idea. I agree matchmaking is broken. And it will be until Premades are removed from PuG Qs. But TRION loves them for some reason so never gonna happen.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

  2. #17
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    18

    Default

    It's not just about the matchmaking, the premades in my opinion.
    In my experience, every time i got the majority class warrior..it was a defeat 1 out 5. And I'm a warrior. Not going to complain about warrior...everyone knows what they can and can't do...
    But it's exactly as someone said, now everyone is trying to make the weekly quest and these first days are terrible. Monday and Thursday are ok days for PVP, for me at least.

  3. #18
    Plane Walker Kartia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Trion should balance out premades and they could do that. Premades could stay in normal queue, but increase everybody's ELO who is in the group. 5 ppl in a group 50% increased ELO. Thus other side has better players and premade side got the rest. They still got the advantage to heal/assist/protect each other, even use TS.


    Other thing is broken and should get fixed soon: premade side always has more ppl on start in some reason.

    6-7 out of 10 wfs stomp or get stomped. 1-2 what I could call fun and balanced fights. When one team doing double/triple damage then the other team something clearly wrong.

  4. #19
    RIFT Guide Writer IllusiveEQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    561

    Default

    AoC added a solo only pvp que option and it made solo pvp pugging quite a bit more fun, and balanced out the premade stomp fest.

    I do not see an issue with Rift doing the same.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

  5. #20
    Ascendant Byaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    You learn a lot from losing.

    Not sure what you learnt from your 14 losses.

  6. #21
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Probably to hate PVP. Trion could stop Premades in PVP but they don't want to. Instead they will loose new blood to PVP because of premade stomping.

  7. #22
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    L2P with skill.

    And by that I mean L2 Join each WF with 4 of your closest friends and turn every WF into a long series of 5 v 1s against PuG players.

  8. #23
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    34

    Default

    This thread is what's wrong with everything...

    Participation awards are the doom of this generation

  9. #24
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Premades arent the problem. Most premade players are still bad.
    The problem is that the typical pug player has no idea what he is doing. They have never heard about map awareness ie simply looking at your map or communicating. It doesnt even have to be much, simple stuff like "left" "right" "thief" etc helps win games.
    And dont give me the "oh those are PVE players" excuse. Iyam there is no such thing as pvp/pve players. Theres good players and theres bad players. And weirdly enough neither of them is defined by whats on the scoreboard after the match (..well to a point but dont ruin my imagery!).
    Overall my message would be: If you lose a lot, get better at what you do. Not only pushing buttons but communicating with your team and objective based gaming. I havent played lots of pvp pre 3.0 because i simply didnt like it but have been forced into it. By neccesity i tried to get better at what im doing. In my first week i was topping dps meters but ended up on the losing side more often then not, thats when i realised that whats wrong wasnt neccesarily my teammates but my own play. Now im doing a much more objective based style and while i dont top the meters unless the map/situation calls for it im winning way more games. Be it solo or in a premade.

    Fwiw im not definding the bad queue system. Premades should mostly be facing other premades but sometimes thats just not possible. What im trying to say is you should stop complaining about things you cannot change and rather try to influence things in your control that will help you win more games.
    Last edited by paschl; 12-17-2014 at 10:37 AM.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

  10. #25
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heydude View Post
    Once again another ignorant comment without knowing me. I always give it my best, I am also a seasoned player and know what I'm doing on a warfront.
    "giving it your best" is not the same as doing what is needed to win.
    you stated earlier that you are always high on the scoreboard for damage, but damage gives no points in any warfront map. very often, doing what is needed to win will result in your being below even healers in damage done.
    TIP: quit dpsing at mid in whitefall, go steal the enemies stone instead (this might result in less scoreboard damage).

    while it is a team game, your long losing streak suggests that the team is not your problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heydude View Post
    I disagree. But you don't seem like the type of person who can admit when your wrong so there is no sense in debating it.
    the nice thing about reality is that it isn't reliant upon your agreement/disagreement. it just is.
    the nice thing about being right is not having to admit that you are wrong.


    your suggestion is bad for two reasons:

    1. you suggest that instead of devoting time and resources to fixing the queue, they should devote time and resources to changing the way a warfront quest works.

    this is bad because it does nothing to address the original problem (the bad queue system), while still requiring that they devote time and resources. this is what is called a "band aid solution", and the end result is that the initial problem still needs to be fixed, only now they have to spend three as much time and effort to do so (first, for the band aid, second, to actually address the problem, and thirdly, to undo the band aid).

    2. your suggestion caters to the worst kind of player, the kind that will result in everyone experiencing even more losses, and even worse warfronts. with your suggestion, AFKers are essentially given a free ride and players that might otherwise be encouraged to participate are instead encouraged to AFK themselves. after all, why go to all the effort of trying to win while carrying the dead weight of AFKers, when you can AFK yourself and still get the weekly completed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  11. #26
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Dissreguard, brothers account.
    Last edited by TangoFoxT; 12-17-2014 at 02:35 PM.

  12. #27
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    "giving it your best" is not the same as doing what is needed to win.
    you stated earlier that you are always high on the scoreboard for damage, but damage gives no points in any warfront map. very often, doing what is needed to win will result in your being below even healers in damage done.
    TIP: quit dpsing at mid in whitefall, go steal the enemies stone instead (this might result in less scoreboard damage).

    while it is a team game, your long losing streak suggests that the team is not your problem.
    Here you go talking about stuff you know nothing about. Stop it already because it makes you look ignorant.



    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    the nice thing about reality is that it isn't reliant upon your agreement/disagreement. it just is.
    the nice thing about being right is not having to admit that you are wrong.
    LOL, keep stroking yourself. This comment was originally based on something that may or have not been lost on your short attention span but needless to say your still wrong. Part of growing as a person is admitting your misstates or when your wrong. You will remain a mental infant as long as you keep doing this. Let me provide you with an example or how mature adults respond when someone provides a valid point that you may have been wrong about below.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    your suggestion is bad for two reasons:

    1. you suggest that instead of devoting time and resources to fixing the queue, they should devote time and resources to changing the way a warfront quest works.

    this is bad because it does nothing to address the original problem (the bad queue system), while still requiring that they devote time and resources. this is what is called a "band aid solution", and the end result is that the initial problem still needs to be fixed, only now they have to spend three as much time and effort to do so (first, for the band aid, second, to actually address the problem, and thirdly, to undo the band aid).

    2. your suggestion caters to the worst kind of player, the kind that will result in everyone experiencing even more losses, and even worse warfronts. with your suggestion, AFKers are essentially given a free ride and players that might otherwise be encouraged to participate are instead encouraged to AFK themselves.
    This makes good sense. Bravo a comment based on facts using reason. I have to admit the points you make here are very strong points to make me believe that my original idea isn't a good one. I would hate to utilize an idea that would create more laziness in the game.
    (See how that works, it isn't hard it's just called being mature)

    Last and not least I would like to thank everyone who has posted in this thread who gave honest opinions without throwing poo. And I would especially like to thank the people who are throwing out more solutions to a problem we all know exists. For without discussion and ideas on how to fix problems they will never be fixed. We as a community must do our part, lets just hope Trion can do theirs.

    P.S. Kronos your posts would hold more validation if you would just stick with the facts and give straight answers without trying to troll people. Once you start throwing out poo people tend to stop listening not to mention it has the tendency to derail a thread.

  13. #28
    Rift Chaser Xamaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heydude View Post
    Here you go talking about stuff you know nothing about. Stop it already because it makes you look ignorant.





    LOL, keep stroking yourself. This comment was originally based on something that may or have not been lost on your short attention span but needless to say your still wrong. Part of growing as a person is admitting your misstates or when your wrong. You will remain a mental infant as long as you keep doing this. Let me provide you with an example or how mature adults respond when someone provides a valid point that you may have been wrong about below.




    This makes good sense. Bravo a comment based on facts using reason. I have to admit the points you make here are very strong points to make me believe that my original idea isn't a good one. I would hate to utilize an idea that would create more laziness in the game.
    (See how that works, it isn't hard it's just called being mature)

    Last and not least I would like to thank everyone who has posted in this thread who gave honest opinions without throwing poo. And I would especially like to thank the people who are throwing out more solutions to a problem we all know exists. For without discussion and ideas on how to fix problems they will never be fixed. We as a community must do our part, lets just hope Trion can do theirs.

    P.S. Kronos your posts would hold more validation if you would just stick with the facts and give straight answers without trying to troll people. Once you start throwing out poo people tend to stop listening not to mention it has the tendency to derail a thread.
    Really dont bother arguing with kronos he will just be contrary to everything you say even the logical points you make, some people are here on the forums just to get their daily power kick because they are so powerless in life.

    The biggest problem ive seen is premades, this has been an issue for a long time now. Premades entering an intented pug pvp environment. The only difference is now that some of these premades you see are decked out in full raid epics leading to a roflstomp team.

    Also all it takes it a few bad players/ afkers in your team to result in a loss, its the nature of pug warfronts and its just exarcebated now by pvers who afk in warfronts simply to get their marks for pve.
    Last edited by Xamaron; 12-19-2014 at 12:28 AM.

  14. #29
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    Really dont bother arguing with kronos he will just be contrary to everything you say even the logical points you make, some people are here on the forums just to get their daily power kick because they are so powerless in life.
    when people make points I agree with, i'll agree. I don't argue for the sake of arguing.
    for example, I will readily agree that the current queue system results in a very poor warfront experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    The biggest problem ive seen is premades, this has been an issue for a long time now. Premades entering an intented pug pvp environment. The only difference is now that some of these premades you see are decked out in full raid epics leading to a roflstomp team.
    I don't agree that premades are the problem with the queue system. they are a problem, but not the sole or even the worst problem.
    removing them from the pug queue wont result in an improved warfront experience, it will only result in the removal of a common excuse jumped on by bad players.
    the problem with the premade issue for trion is no matter which way they jump, they lose.
    allow premades in the pug queue: pugs cry
    don't allow premades in the pug queue: casual RL friends/family other non-elite players who like to group cry.
    this is an old argument that was well chewed over and spat out long ago.
    in the end, I agree with Trions decision to allow premades in the queue, as this is an MMO, and MMOs are at heart social games. grouping is encouraged and should be the norm, not the exception.

    gear is a separate issue that I also agree is a problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    Also all it takes it a few bad players/ afkers in your team to result in a loss, its the nature of pug warfronts and its just exarcebated now by pvers who afk in warfronts simply to get their marks for pve.
    I fully and completely agree with you here


    I suggest you check out this thread and see what suggestions for some of the pvp issues myself and others have put forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  15. #30
    Rift Disciple MaxQuest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heydude View Post
    After suffering 14 losses in a row the other day and 7 yesterday and 5 today I have come to the conclusion that PVP team matchmaking is broken. Now I realize this isn't new news to many of you and I also understand TRION has tried to make it better a few patches ago, but the truth is it's still broke.

    So until the day TRION can actually fix this problem I suggest a indirect fix, one that would at least help people get their weeklies done and maybe save someone from going bald in the process. My suggestion would be something to the effect of maybe lets say, three losses = a win on your weekly. You know, lose three matches and still get a win credit for a match on your weekly.

    What say you people of RIFT. Is this a good or bad idea?
    I'll rephrase it, (but feel free to correct me, if you meant the other thing)
    P. - you don't like that: it is possible to keep losing, despite being worthy of a win. E.g. you had the highest impact on the fight, between players of both teams, but still lost, because on average - the enemy team was better.

    S. - and you proposed that 3 losses should be counted as 1 win.

    Well.. solution S won't solve the problem P. It may even cause a problem P2, such as afk'ing in warfronts.


    ----------------
    What you really want is impact-detection system, which will reward you, even if your team has lost, but.. your participation was quite note-worthy. For example you have healed the most, between players of both teams, and it is twice as much as second place. Or you dealt the most damage, twice or more the amount than your follow-up. Or you capped the most flags, twice than... you've got the idea.
    Last edited by MaxQuest; 12-19-2014 at 05:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts