+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Grave the Risen
  • 2 Post By Wing man

Thread: Why do I lose like 90% of WFs?

Default Why do I lose like 90% of WFs?

Why do I lose like 90% of WFs? Does it have to do because I'm solo queuing? If teams were completely randomized I don't feel that my lose:win ratio should be this high. It makes getting the daily win very difficult.
    Last edited by Kojiden; 12-15-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Shield of Telara

The only common denominator is you. Sorry.

Here's a few tips to help you win the highest % of pvp matches.

1. DO NOT PVP ON WEDNESDAY, sheep to the slaughter on wednesday cause the all the premades do weeklies then and even thursday is bad so focus pvp "friday to monday".

2. DO NOT HEAL, LIKE EVER... Healing raises your rank extremely faster than dps so other team always gets much higher ranked people.

3. Lastly just DON'T TRY TOO HARD. Raiders own pvp now so unless you have high in dkp in some raiding guild getting huge loot, you will always suck at it. Pvp isn't meant to be fun anymore, it's just a bit of currency and brief moments of nostalgia. So keep your rank as low as possible.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave the Risen View Post
    1. DO NOT PVP ON WEDNESDAY, sheep to the slaughter on wednesday cause the all the premades do weeklies then and even thursday is bad so focus pvp "friday to monday".
    Friday - Sunday isn't too great either, as that's when warfronts become infested with the weekend warriors running around in guardian phase.

granted, they are easy to dispatch back to their respawn. if only they weren't all on your team.

this leaves you Monday/Tuesday, which is when those who have yet to finish their guns quest start to panic and try to find a premade of raiders to carry them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

The cool thing about the new games I play, even though they have incorporated player ratings, they actually show you what they are and how they go up and down. It's a rad concept. Player ratings in this game are like......ahh I won't get into religion.

Faith.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

If you play a warrior that would explain why you're losing all the time. We are a liability to our own team.

Plane Touched

@OP

The vast majority of people have no clue what the win conditions are on each map, heck most don't even know the maps. One person running out over and over to die in the same booby trap can sometimes be enough to tick over the body count enough their team loses.

If your getting killed so much you feel squishy try sneaking around.

Pro Tip : Leech Kills

If you find someone in warfront even a little bit more skilled then yourself you can boost your kill ratio thru the roof. Toggle the target of target option in your combat menu and lock on to them as your target. You can effectively extend your ranged attacks an extra 20 yards putting you beyond the range of the people they are fighting making you live longer.

Just "/tar <Insert Name>" as a quick and dirty macro so you don't lose them.

If you can pocket heal all the better, and don't forget to stay at max range with speed boost items so you can run away faster than someone can chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Telbere View Post
    @OP

The vast majority of people have no clue what the win conditions are on each map, heck most don't even know the maps. One person running out over and over to die in the same booby trap can sometimes be enough to tick over the body count enough their team loses.

If your getting killed so much you feel squishy try sneaking around.

Pro Tip : Leech Kills

If you find someone in warfront even a little bit more skilled then yourself you can boost your kill ratio thru the roof. Toggle the target of target option in your combat menu and lock on to them as your target. You can effectively extend your ranged attacks an extra 20 yards putting you beyond the range of the people they are fighting making you live longer.

Just "/tar <Insert Name>" as a quick and dirty macro so you don't lose them.

If you can pocket heal all the better, and don't forget to stay at max range with speed boost items so you can run away faster than someone can chase.
    I find it easier to make someone my focus and use an assist macro:
    cast @focus AbilityName

This way you don't have to type a name or change your macro every warfront. Also, the cast @focus works well if you have an enemy on focus. For example, you may have a healer as your focus but your attacking a dps. To interrupt the healer, my macro is:
    cast @focus concussive blast
    cast concussive blast

This will interrupt the healer while I beat on the dps. It also will work when you have no focus. This also works in pve, such as Glacial Maw's final boss. You could be attacking on the Cosmologist but need to interrupt the Heart's Soul Storm (I think the encounter is bugged and the Soul Storm should only be cast when it's not immune but it seems it casts ot when it is immune.)

Champion of Telara

Premades currently trump all other factors in PvP.

Plane Touched

@focus works but for some reason I always have trouble with it focusing on dead things at the exact wrong moment.

Tar is less elegant but more reliable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    If you play a warrior that would explain why you're losing all the time. We are a liability to our own team.
    I solo queue as a Warrior D:

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiden View Post
    Why do I lose like 90% of WFs?
    Do you have an addon that tracks wins/loses?

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiden View Post
    Does it have to do because I'm solo queuing? If teams were completely randomized I don't feel that my lose:win ratio should be this high. It makes getting the daily win very difficult.
    How would you estimate your average impact? Do you feel like liability, or you are consistently in top 3 dps/heal? Also do you try to do the objectives, or like me, usually don't care? (well, except the Codex)

Quote Originally Posted by Telbere View Post
    Toggle the target of target option in your combat menu and lock on to them as your target. You can effectively extend your ranged attacks an extra 20 yards
    Do you want to say it's possible to deal damage from 50 yards range, by using target-assist?
    Last edited by MaxQuest; 12-17-2014 at 09:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread