+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Massive healing ruins Warfronts

Soulwalker

Default Massive healing ruins Warfronts

I would like to point out how terribly booring warfronts have become because of the way too effective healing as it is at the moment.

Some warfront you end up in it`s up to 30% of the players with healing spec and it just makes it impossible to do any pvpėng at all its just 2 big clumps of players trying to "dps" someone down with some occasional dps/stuns on the healers.

Can`t you add some healing debuff in pvp where you get reduced healing recieved after getting a certain amount of heals for every second during like 10 sec or something.and after that you get 50% reduced heals for 5 sec until the debuff dissipates.

Right now players have fairly equal gear so i dont think this will become any better with the time as long as everyone uses the same kind of gear and i would prefere if pvp was something else then a dps race.

Prophet of Telara

healing is not the problem, it's just amount of healers vs amount of dps that's causing the issue when PLAYERS themself decide to create such match. 2 dps can easily destroy 1 healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Rift Disciple

Healing penalty in pvp (warfronts specifically) back to -85% or -90% like I keep saying. Then PVP can go back to being kill fests like they should be.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    healing is not the problem, it's just amount of healers vs amount of dps that's causing the issue when PLAYERS themself decide to create such match. 2 dps can easily destroy 1 healer.
    there are at least 4 souls right now that can solo any healer

bads will be bads though and say nerf healing

Hey, it's an old PvE tactic bad guilds used to use. While the guilds who could down the pro mobs with 6 - 7 healers in a 24 man raid, the worse guilds would literally stack 9 - 10 healers and just spend double the time killing it. Never underestimate over-healing. In fact, overhealing became way to simple of a way around killing so many mobs it's why - when I was raiding - they started adding ALOT more fail scripts and DPS checks. These are basically to force you to play properly and not kill a mob at snail pace with an near invincible raid. In PvP however, this isn't controlled. You can literally do the ol' invincible raid gimmick and run a billion healers in one WF raid setup.

It's corny and it wins games. We did it on purpose once as a premade a long while back. Ran like 2 bards, a sent and a dom - and just heal fested the game up and CC'd. Our damaged was dominated by the other teams top 4 - 5. But we won because we were nearly invincible because my group wasn't the only healers. Threads like this have popped up over and over and I don't see it stopping because nothing will stop this possibility from coming true in a WF.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by dodge dodge miss View Post

There are, and there are variable to also include in your pathetic attempt at defending Healers.

1. Skill level
    2. Other healers
    3. Other DPS / Tanks to peel you

Show me you soloing a Physician and I'll shut up!
    Homiejackson@Seastone 65 Sin

Quote Originally Posted by dodge dodge miss View Post

Yes but history has proven that the only way to get people to stop rolling healer when your team already has 5 is to nerf them to where those bads get stomped so badly in low heal games that they stick to dps

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Yes but history has proven that the only way to get people to stop rolling healer when your team already has 5 is to nerf them to where those bads get stomped so badly in low heal games that they stick to dps
    Exactly, if Tanks could run around unfettered and unkillable popping absorbs and defensive cds the WF would have 60% Tanks!

Cool. Homiejackson is finally level 65. Who here cant wait to stomp him in warfronts?

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Cool. Homiejackson is finally level 65. Who here cant wait to stomp him in warfronts?
    Bring it on Mfer! I may surprise you!

Sins are easy pickings. I hope you know how to play Nightblade, otherwise save your slip away and stock up on drinks.

BSE
    Plane Touched

Buff Dominators against Physicians, add more specific healers-counter tools or souls, done.

If people mass-heal or abuse cross-healing -> people with a brain in WFs switch to anti-heals specs, done. No need to touch the healers themselves.

It's been suggested many times, way to counter cross-healing. We haven't gotten any feedback or comments. We either need hard counters (abilities, more classes that can counter healers) or soft abilities via in-game mechanics. Think Guard but reversed (too many healers in one area reduces healing effectiveness).

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by BSE View Post
    Buff Dominators against Physicians, add more specific healers-counter tools or souls, done.

If people mass-heal or abuse cross-healing -> people with a brain in WFs switch to anti-heals specs, done. No need to touch the healers themselves.
    This works the other way too. What if people with anti-healing specs stack them to the point where going healer is pretty much pointless?
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

The 1 I have seen a couple of times this weekend really made me laugh. A healer, in the back, healing 2 healers, who were healing the dps.. just mindboggling, but very effective.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast