+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: lack of pvp progression exposing bads

Default lack of pvp progression exposing bads

It's great seeing people who claimed to be good pvpers performing so poorly when the gear gap isn't even that large. I guess when you can't zerg to full relics lack of skill shines through.

Almost every game I've been in recently have all been really close too with basically nobody off points trying to Stat pad

I got a new comp too (i5) so I can make videos again. Bad farming inc
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 12-11-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Telaran

They were bads before, just had good gear

swo

I changed my weapon skin and I do alot better in PvP now. /flex

Swo@Deepwood > HK <

i haven't seen this at all. same people who did well before are still doing well.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

I don't recognize most of the names, which, I guess is good for Rift since it seems as though there are more pvers participating in pvp.
    Last edited by asianguywithacamera; 12-11-2014 at 07:36 PM.

swo

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    i haven't seen this at all. same people who did well before are still doing well.
    I missed ya Ecru :P glad to see you're still around. just came back myself, not sure what for but . . . meh ^.-

Swo@Deepwood > HK <

swo

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    I don't recognize most of the names, which, I guess is good for Rift since it seems as though there are more pvers participating in pvp.
    I agree with you partly. It's nice to see a player influx in WF's ( and holy crap . . . CQ ) however, i stand firm in my belief that "you are only as strong as your weakest link", sometimes, not always, it only takes one bad apple to royally screw a WF and seeing how many unskilled PvE'rs there are in PvP now it's usually a one sided battle depending on which side has more PvE'rs than the other. hehe.

Swo@Deepwood > HK <

Quote Originally Posted by swo View Post
    I agree with you partly. It's nice to see a player influx in WF's ( and holy crap . . . CQ ) however, i stand firm in my belief that "you are only as strong as your weakest link", sometimes, not always, it only takes one bad apple to royally screw a WF and seeing how many unskilled PvE'rs there are in PvP now it's usually a one sided battle depending on which side has more PvE'rs than the other. hehe.
    victory goes to the least bad team.
    there are no good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Being good at Rift is like being good at Candy Crush. You still suck at any other game that means squat competitively....if this is the only game you consider yourself a "PvP'er" in.

You really want to expose bads? Watch every forumer try to hack it in Q-live for 10 minutes. My god hilarity would ensue.

"Rift is too fast paced."

hahahhahahahah *wipes tears* Oh my god I can't breath.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-11-2014 at 09:57 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

swo

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    victory goes to the least bad team.
    there are no good teams.
    thank you for summarizing what I just said ^_^

Swo@Deepwood > HK <

i don't i see guild groups that would typically spawn camp pugs due to gear advantage, losing straight up on kills and objectives, i see other players who would spend time trying to stat farm trying to actually win and putting up terrible stats as a result because they can't run to an off point as a duo without getting a formidable counter group, so they end up just zerging around and losing. i have had only been in a couple blow out matches and when they are it's a map like BG, KR or Library or ghar where one team has 10 healers
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 12-12-2014 at 07:52 AM.

dunno what reality you exist in but it certainly isn't the same one as the rest of us
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Ascendant

Bass have been exposing themselves without needing any extra fluff like gear disparities since pre-1.0.

dunno what reality you exist in but it certainly isn't the same one as the rest of us
    i havent seen you in a single match so im assuming you don't play primetime. I'll have to start workin on more screen shots i guess
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 12-12-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Being good at Rift is like being good at Candy Crush. You still suck at any other game that means squat competitively....if this is the only game you consider yourself a "PvP'er" in.

You really want to expose bads? Watch every forumer try to hack it in Q-live for 10 minutes. My god hilarity would ensue.
    A small but notable minority of MMO players come from FPS games, I remember the big worry in team-based FPS games was losing players to the "retirement home" of MMOs. You'd never see them again.

Now I'd probably be rusty as hell in quake because the last "old school" FPS I played (ie. one that emphasizes player movement and doesn't involve taking cover behind chest-high walls) was TF2. I could probably still strafe/rocket/conc jump and do things like time the quad on q3dm6 but I'd get destroyed trying to put it all together.
    Last edited by ginc; 12-12-2014 at 10:43 AM.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast