+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Sartorii
  • 1 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By Khelendross

Thread: Suggestion for Ember Isle

Soulwalker

Default Suggestion for Ember Isle

I've seen this discussed in chat recently and if I'm not mistaken there may have been a previous thread a long time ago. To me, it's a shame that the zone Ember Isle is a ghost town these days. A lot of work was put into it and I believe there's a good use for it. What if it was made into a dedicated WPVP zone? There could be major and lesser objectives to capture/control that would give bonuses to your guild for %drop rates of Epic/Rare loot, Rift store discounts, bonuses to the marks, etc. I'm aware that its a ripoff of DAOC in a way but why not? DAOC+ the Rift soul system would make for some seriously fun gaming IMO. Anyone have other ideas that could be worked in also? Maybe if this gets enough of a response it could happen. If it would bring back some of the fun PVPers that have moved on so much the bettter. Thoughts? Please be constructive.

You make old zones not ghost zones by putting relevant top level significant quest points and contested mobs with BiS loot in them. If the shoe fits.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-11-2014 at 11:49 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I like the idea but if they did that they have to get rid of all the content that is not pvp related

there because it will be impossible for players to do quest and story line due to people being

flag pvp. But the idea of Ember Isle being turn into a pvp place seem much fun and i agree.

Trion decide whether or not to change it and if they want to get rid of it. That's what they did

to our pvp progression. All i'm looking forward in pvp now is what i get from it and how it can

benefit me in game. I have no clue what trion will do and whether it's good or bad its up to

them.

Xgame@deepwood

Title known as: Xgame The Legendary Rogue

Soulwalker

They could get around redoing all the quests in the area/Ember Isle faction grinding by setting it up as an instance. Put it on a 5 or 7 day reset. Heck even creating a conquest map out of it could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sartorii View Post
    I've seen this discussed in chat recently and if I'm not mistaken there may have been a previous thread a long time ago. To me, it's a shame that the zone Ember Isle is a ghost town these days. A lot of work was put into it and I believe there's a good use for it. What if it was made into a dedicated WPVP zone? There could be major and lesser objectives to capture/control that would give bonuses to your guild for %drop rates of Epic/Rare loot, Rift store discounts, bonuses to the marks, etc. I'm aware that its a ripoff of DAOC in a way but why not? DAOC+ the Rift soul system would make for some seriously fun gaming IMO. Anyone have other ideas that could be worked in also? Maybe if this gets enough of a response it could happen. If it would bring back some of the fun PVPers that have moved on so much the bettter. Thoughts? Please be constructive.
    Pretty much exactly what I pitched to Daglar earlier this year and what a few of us have had on our wish list for some time now

This was the last thing we heard officially on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    We've considered a number of ideas for bringing players back to Ember Isle, but as some have pointed out, developing brand new content is usually where want to spend our resources. However, EI is one of my favorite zones as well, and I can promise that there will be some new PvE content here in the future. Additionally, Mayhem events will eventually include EI.

Quote Originally Posted by Xgame View Post
    I like the idea but if they did that they have to get rid of all the content that is not pvp related

there because it will be impossible for players to do quest and story line due to people being

flag pvp. But the idea of Ember Isle being turn into a pvp place seem much fun and i agree.

Trion decide whether or not to change it and if they want to get rid of it. That's what they did

to our pvp progression. All i'm looking forward in pvp now is what i get from it and how it can

benefit me in game. I have no clue what trion will do and whether it's good or bad its up to

them.
    But that was the beauty of Eq2. The PvP guilds who wanted to kill the contested mobs with BiS loot sometimes had to form a raid capable of killing the mob, and them have another alliance (or extra guildies) form up a defense barrier. Because sometimes the mobs would spawn in lowbie zones and people would make low level toons. While they die fast, engaging would flag their abilities to reduced PvP values (sup hard mode healing in PvE). I rememeber in KoS during Eq2, there was a contested mob in an open dungeon that was required for access to one of the top raid zones. I think on one server, a guild was able to lock down the mob for almost 2 weeks or more and block everyone else on the server from even being able to enter the raid zone.

I don't see Rift doing that, or the players accepting that brutal of gameplay though. Contested mobs were hot even on PvE servers when you would get multiple guilds. Knowing someone is about to get the games best loot, and watching the enemy guild fight hoping they wipe. Then trying to pull it and be prepared before they get back on their feet. I only heard stories of PvP servers in this environment, and it sounded rather thrilling for a PvP MMO player. The games most meaningful progression (like mythical weapons) and avatar loot (saying it was loot from the Gods is an understatement) is what made some of the open world action so intense.

But, you would have to contort the hell out of that idea to even make it work. Eq2 PvP shards were locked down, as in, you couldn't transfer to and from them for a long time (and during the peak of avatar loot). PvP shards had exclusive PvP gear that was quite powerful that PvE servers had absolutely zero access to. And then factor in that you couldn't shard hop. I mean, my guild made a joke once when we were at the top of our game, we should be the Eq2 Globe Trotters and just xfer servers everytime an avatar pops on a server and down it. It was a joke in that games context, but could be a reality in this ones current context. So it's just a pipe dream, doubt it will ever come close to this notion.

I guess what I mean is - that is the point. Putting significant stuff in open world made the PvP in open world more than just mindless kills to send someone to a respawn. You blocked meaningful progression or nabbed BiS loot under the noses of observers who didn't pull a mob quick enough. I just think that era of "hardcore" gameplay is over though. To truly be a guild who locked those mobs down, almost all high end guilds required call lists. I had my large fair share of cell phone rings at 3 - 5am "hey, this is xxxxx, Avatar of Flames popped and we're forming, try to get online as quick as you can". "*mutters half asleep* on my way". I miss them days . 3 grouping the games hardest mobs at 4:12am because people won't wake up! WAIT OUR ILLUSIONIST LOGGED ON, YESSSS.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-11-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sartorii View Post
    Add in capture points in EI. The shard that captured a certain point n maintain it for a long period will get points. Reset every week.

The whole shard get some benefits like sp +2%, run speed +2% etc etc. If they gather enough points. Restrict it to top 3 shards or something.

What will happen everyone will wanna go do it, including the raiders so to enjoy those benefits.
    Last edited by Movesie; 12-11-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Rift Disciple

You fix it by making all wpvp related content, quests, etc. set to seastone only (the pvp shard) and if you want to do pve content there shard hop to any of the 6 other pve shards. Easy!

Conquest Ember Isle?

If the objectives on it arn't zergfest style and doesn't cause everyone to leave as soon as they enter the losing team, sure.

I'd love to PvP at the volcano if I could push or pull people in the lava.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Ascendant

you mean like this?

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4855269

Been suggested before, hopefully it happens at some point.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Fik
    Rift Chaser

I've never actually been to ember isle lol.

Last week I was looking at it on the map pondering how does one visit this place...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fik View Post
    I've never actually been to ember isle lol.

Last week I was looking at it on the map pondering how does one visit this place...
    The port is below the Sanctum bridge, over by the beach/coastline that leads up to Moonshade Highlands. You will see a ring if sourcestone pillars and some npcs.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

+ Reply to Thread