+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whitefall Steppes Game Mechanic Blues

Soulwalker

Default Whitefall Steppes Game Mechanic Blues

This isn't a gripefest, more of a constructive observation.

As a tank spec'd cleric I'm pretty much a dps loss in most warfronts and I accept that. The only map I have any viability in is Whitefall Steppes. I know my roll and it's to grab a shard and plow my way back to base or to protect and intercept the shard carriers damage. I enjoy this map, but I also see a game mechanics flaw and one that needs to be addressed.
    Yesterday in back to back matches a tank from an opposing team grabbed a shard, went back to base, and literally sat there and burned down the timer and did NOT cap, resulting in a tie. I've actually done this myself when the game was tied up and we only had a few minutes left and I'd cap with 5 seconds left on the clock.This is a rare occurance and almost never boils down to that strategy.
    The issue I had in the back to back matches is that the same tank grabbed the first shard that spawns in the middle of the map and proceeded to go back to base and sit there the entire match, even with his team yelling at him and he/she did not care. In all three matches the same tank caused the games to end in a tie because he refused to cap on his side, which did not benefit anyone, all it did was p*ss off both teams and waste our time.
    In my defense, my team did try to zerg him in his base, but with support healers and a close spawn point, it was useless. Their healers did their job and kept him alive, but at the end of the match which did end in a tie they were p*ssed because they only healed him thinking he was going to cap.
    Like I said, you almost never see this, but it is a game mechanics flaw and there is nothing in place to prevent this from happening. In my opinion this is a form of griefing and hopefully there is something that can be done about it.
    An easy fix to me is to give the shard carrier a time limit and once the time limit is reached the shard respawns in the middle.
    Anyway, good day everyone and see ya in-game!
    Minotaurz - Tempest
    Pumpkinkingz - Justicar

How it is now is how it will be forever. They won't change anything.

The green ball.

Keen to fix bugs.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Minotaurz View Post
    but it is a game mechanics flaw and there is nothing in place to prevent this from happening.
    yes there is, don't let him pick it up.

Soulwalker

I would do the same if I was up against some people I hate. One Difference though I wouldn't sit "afk" at base, but farm the hell out of the enemy. (And not in useless tank spec)

Ascendant

You know, I always kind of assumed the exhaustion debuff from the original whitefall would have persisted to the new versions.

Rift Disciple

Was it a rogue tank by chance?

Think I know who that is.

+ Reply to Thread