+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By almarean
  • 1 Post By Kronos v

Thread: PVP Gear.

Default PVP Gear.

Any news yet about the (re-re)implementation of pvp gear?

Quote Originally Posted by almarean View Post
    Any news yet about the (re-re)implementation of pvp gear?
    I think all of us who basically quit are waiting for that.....

This has to be a joke... Here are some quotes from Ocho:

Ocho: "The best way to get best in slot gear in RIFT is to play RIFT. It isn't two separate games, it's just RIFT. The fastest way to get best in slot gear is to participate in all activities, rather than a subset." (They more or less ignore the difference between PvP and PvE...)

Ocho: "Can we talk about healing? Sure. That's an interesting topic where there can be actual give and take and changes. We needed some data, before we could really comment too much. It takes time to accumulate that. PvP Gear? Not so much for the foreseeable future. That topic just isn't gonna go anywhere."

Feel free to put on your tin foil hat when it comes to asking why they removed PvP gear and made ranks meaningless - we've yet to get a straight answer so we can assume the worse. Asset comsolidation, I believe may have been the reason and I hope they prove me wrong.

the problem, as I see the current implementation, isn't so much the removal of pvp gear, but that the gear that is attainable through pvp is significantly more difficult to acquire, over a disproportionately longer time, with horrendously higher upgrade costs, for what is often an inferior item.

solutions (as stated many times, by many players): reduce the varieties of marauder gear per slot, increase the drop rate, and reduce the upgrade cost.

oh, and lower the upper bolster to match the max upgrade point of the marauder gear (or raise the upgrade path to match the upper bolster).

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread