+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Bolstering Broken or Classes OP?

Default Bolstering Broken or Classes OP?

I think bolstering in PVP (CQ & WFs) might be broken. I've noticed this most in warfronts, and when I saw it again in CQ today... I had to document it. Maybe I'm pointing out that some classes have abilities that hit way too hard in PVP.

I am not horribly undergeared and with this "new bolstering" I theoretically shouldn't be taking 12k crits when I'm running around with Defensive Posture (+5% More Armor & Resists, +%10 Base Health) and Way of the Mountain (5% Damage Reduction) on.

Fulminate hitting for 12k:
    http://i.imgur.com/elLjfrv.jpg

Also nysyr's rebuke is severely overpowered. When it ticks 3 times on melee players for 5.8k-6.5k @ 35m range that's over 17k-20k of damage... more or less 1/4 of my health gone in 1 ability before I can even get into melee range. Something needs to be done to help out melee players.

Another screenshot to rule out the possibility that I might have crappy gear on:

http://i.imgur.com/pHApwiC.jpg

Please fix. It's bad enough when you run across 1 player that hits like this, but when the WFs and CQs are filled with these players, it really breaks the game for other players. No balance at all.

Maybe someone had a Bard dropping the 61pt'er.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

I'm thinking bolster isn't reducing power of certain things. Combined with that fact that certain classes are just way to overpowered. I can't even compete on my Tempest anymore, I think it's partially that warriors as a whole are screwed into the ground right now. I used to have fun trying to make something work that wasn't exactly fotm. But now it's just roll those op'ed classes or have fun being fodder.

Also noticed all the top dps is all geared up, and people I've never even seen in a wf before. Me thinks they are raiders.

Prophet of Telara

Inq and Pyro are a bit on, other than that it's pretty decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

I get hit quite often by 12k fulminate crits on my warlord warrior in pvp at 65, at least its not as bad as being in the 60-64 bracket where you get critted for 23k fulminates lol. There are so many pyros, inquisitors and rangers in pvp at the moment, the former two still being very overpowered whereas ranger being moderately overpowered (just alot of them). In matches where the other team is constipated with pyros and inquisitors you are better off playing ranged, trying to charge in with a blade dancer will just result in instant death from all the tab targetting pyros and inq's. To play melee in 65 pvp you either need strong heals or you need to pick your fights carefully and play more guerilla style.

Prophet of Telara

The trinkets are OP from pve. I have seen them do 10% of a players damage. Kind of stupid if you ask me. The trinkets use to do only like 1.5 to 3% max. Both mitigation ones and damage ones should be nerfed 85% or more in pvp. The proc alone is like 2-3 slots of gear.
    Last edited by Planetx; 12-11-2014 at 02:11 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

12k is a pittance when you're walking around with 70k HP.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Telaran

My Fulminates crit for over 22k at 65 in PvP

Though I'm more of an exception, than a rule.
    Gamdol@Greybriar <White Fang>

Rift Disciple

Well, some warriors also do insanely effective damage! I don't know how, I didn't bother to look it up, but there are some who easily and quickly dps down my Defiler on their own (which far from everyone can), I don't agree that warriors are weaker than any other base class.

All classes now have potential to be super durable, or super dps. I think it is more in gear difference, and having a good pvp skill/macro setup, than it actually has to do with the class.
    Also I'm sure the difference in gear favor some souls more than other.

The soul I see consistantly over the top is the Physician. But I never played one so I have not seen it from the other side (and thus might not know exactly it's weakness).

Prophet of Telara

The insane damage is probably from the trinkets.. I am positive about it. Maybe because of the same reason why the crystal procs were broken in SL with procs off the dots. There are a few people who are getting an insane dps in warfronts and others who can't even match them without OP trinket. Some specs are doing about 1k+ more dps with the trinket. I would say 10-30% increase in some skills.
    Last edited by Planetx; 12-11-2014 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    12k is a pittance when you're walking around with 70k HP.
    No it's not. It's over 16% of your health in 1 button press. That's called over powered.

12k fulminate crit is very regular when im on my warlord but ive been critted for over 20k at level 65 pvp quite a few times. PvP is all about who gets their burst out the fastest now and inquisitor and pyro happen to be the best classes at doing that, sure paragon can also but they also get squished and tab targetted by everyone especially the mages who are still but hurt when they used to get rolled by warriors all the time so they try extra hard at smashing their macro to kill you.

Champion of Telara

2/3 of Inquisitor burst is immobile.
    100% of Inquisitor burst is channeled.

OP , have a nice day

And get some friends to play with instead of trying to pvp solo in a WF or CQ.

Cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    2/3 of Inquisitor burst is immobile.
    100% of Inquisitor burst is channeled.
    Well Inquisitor needs some weaknesses, it is easily the most complete soul in the game atm.

It's dps is very competitive while being 100% ranged. It's mobility is more than respectable as repositioning is only really a dps loss during a CD block. It also has the largest toolbox available: Purge, Confound, Perseverance, Bewilder, Trepidation, Excommunicate, Judicial Privilege, Contempt, Fanaticism, Radical Coalescence... significant aoe dps is literally the only thing Inquisitor doesn't possess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast