• 3 Post By Escadora
  • 2 Post By I swear she was level 18
  • 5 Post By Jeffreys
  • 5 Post By Miliie
  • 1 Post By Manasha

Thread: Progression & War front Guide

Default Progression & War front Guide

A Guide: for the new PvP'ers as well as current and Veterans in Game

As you set out to sharpen your skills toward pvp, first pick a spec to add to an arsenal of what you currently have, something you think will be most effective toward another player(s) within the field, make sure to implement useful tools to keep you up in a drawn out battle or even a war that looks to be lost.

Building your gear: for the new and current

You might wanna start by building your rep/notoriety with the vast Lands of Nightmare Tide: The planes of water, for those powerful runes you can obtain by doing so. Within that process, join random normal Dungeons to build you up for random Experts, this is where you'll get your Raid gear and awesome progression to rise. While raiding you never wanna snuff(steal/ninja) another player for a piece of gear/weaponry that doesn't belong to your role so you might wanna study your stats.

Here's a Quick rounded/estimated Stat sheet laid out for one(s) who are of curiosity/wonder:

Warrior
    1 Str = 0.75 AP and 0.5 Phys Crit
    1 Dex = 0.25 AP and 0.5 Phys Crit

Rogue
    1 Dex = 0.75 AP and 0.5 Phys Crit
    1 Str = 0.25 AP and 0.5 Phys Crit

Mage
    1 INT = 0.75 SP and 0.5 Spell Crit
    1 WIS =0.25 SP and 0.5 Spell Crit

Cleric
    1 WIS = 0.75 SP and 0.5 Spell Crit
    1 INT = 0.25 SP and 0.5 Spell Crit

Stat Caps: "hard cap", you are not to be worried of this yet until you know you are edges toward end game gear etc. so I'll be covering soft caps only.

Attack Power/Spell Power - N/A atm
    (AP/SP)

Crit Power - @ around 40%

Spell crit/Phys crit @ around 45%

Block @ around 45%

Guard: A new stat introduced in Nightmare Tide that reduces damage received to any party/raid member(s) within a certain radius of that player. When there's more than one player with Guard in their gear, the highest Guard rating will be applied. After soft cap of 10% @ around 2,365 Guard, each point there after gives 20% of original value.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIT: Used to negate the caster's innate chance to miss for both spell and non-spell attacks, and the defender's chance to Dodge for non-spell attacks. This doesn't reduce the defender's non-physical mitigation.
    <Also very important for Dungeons & Raids>

Resistance: Your new Valor toward non-physical attacks and spells

Boxes awarded from War fronts:

Can you be competitive and deal a good amount of Damage from the gear that drops from these Boxes, yes.. If not more.
    The stats if you pay close attention from start till you hit "Dream breaker" upgrades are insane if you ask me, PvP and its gear is there, just have to put up the fight to reach it.

As far as Bolstering, the bolster base and the ceiling you'll know by the Buff you get while in a War front, "Ascended courage". as you progress thru the game gear wise, you'll take note that while in a War front your stats Change, but don't panic, its only giving you a Balance scale of what you currently have as oppose to other players having something insane i.e. Raid gear.

When you step into a Wf(war front) and there are a Lot or even all DPS, if you have a heal soul, go heals, it can make or break a game. Balance in this game's Wf's might not be what everyone wants 100%, but in that same token, don't leave it all up to Trion's Wf calculator, ask others to go heals or you do so respectfully, form a team with in a team, Trust me awesome things happen when done right, along with others that Listen<--- Key Word.

Everything else relies on Skill, don't matter what you have on spec'd, or equipped.

Skill is Everything

~ Esca
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Soulwalker I swear she was level 18's Avatar

This isn't a guide, you're just telling people to grind PVE for gear and then spam heal souls in warfronts.

Literally the 10 people who still pvp do that already.

hit was removed in warfronts

Here's my progression guide of the moment.

1.) Log in and send minions on missions
    2.) Log out of Rift
    3.) Forum PvP, briefly
    4.) Load up a different game
    5.) Progress!
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 12-09-2014 at 05:03 PM.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Default WoW

Just No Esca. No. You gave the impression that those boxes are good? Really? Lmao. Tell me how much does it take to upgrade any piece from the boxes? How often do you think gear drops from those boxes? Pvp for new people once they hit lv65 will see a big freaking difference in what you posted. 1) Top gear is T1 Raid gear. The pre-mades are going to kill everything in site. 2) There is no equivalent for people who only PvP. That gear that may or may not drop is crap.

3)Hit. Hit does not count.
    4) No Esca please do not make any more guides to confuse new people. There is no progression in pvp.
    5). I am following Jeffery's Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    3.) Forum PvP, briefly
    even this is now just a shadow of its former self, and not just the pvp section.
    my second favourite rift forum hangout - the warrior section - resembles a ghost town where even the ghosts have lost all motivation to keep rattling those chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Here's my progression guide of the moment.

1.) Log in and send minions on missions
    2.) Log out of Rift
    3.) Forum PvP, briefly
    4.) Load up a different game
    5.) Progress!

This is my exact progression guide.

#1...check
    #2...check
    #3...check
    now off to #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    even this is now just a shadow of its former self, and not just the pvp section.
    my second favourite rift forum hangout - the warrior section - resembles a ghost town where even the ghosts have lost all motivation to keep rattling those chains.
    I can't do forum pvp when banned.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    I can't do forum pvp when banned.
    you need to stack more dodge on your forum account

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    This is one of the more depressing things I've read, and I frequent the PvP forums :*(
    Matryarch <FoH>
    Manabane
    Derpwood Server
    - A True PVPer has more fun losing 95-100 than winning 100-1

+ Reply to Thread