+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 4 Post By Clutter
  • 1 Post By Manasha
  • 5 Post By Wing man
  • 2 Post By Sezex
  • 1 Post By pvpsmash
  • 1 Post By ttlyevil

Thread: Trion will probably never do this but it sure would prove they want the PVP customers

Telaran

Default Trion will probably never do this but it sure would prove they want the PVP customers

I have some suggestions for TRION

1) Give us our PVP servers back.. do not allow PVE "tourists" to jump to the PVP servers.

2) Give us back our PVP gear - you can make it so it only exists on true PVP servers

3) Give us back Conquest - it wasn't broken really so why was it removed from 3.0?

4) How about open up dungeons to PVP groups - dungeons should be public... groups should have to fight for the right to be there and defend that right with blood. Make Dungeons like warfronts... if one group kills another then the victor gets to kill the boss... It would be fun for PVP... which I know means this suggestion will NEVER be implemented.

Shield of Telara

I remember when you could invade another groups dungeon in warhammer. The only time dungeons were fun :P

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    I remember when you could invade another groups dungeon in warhammer. The only time dungeons were fun :P
    Warhammer was actually made by people who understood games could be fun once... until the Egos, EA, and Bags of Money.

emmm.... hmmmmm..... lol?... pvPers already left the game, look at Bloodiron.... it's barren.... and ppl aint coming back after trying tera\sf\wow pvp. Loyal pvp guilds and solo players held on to rift for a long time, but 3.0 was the last straw.

Now warfronts are infested(yes, infested) with horrible players and heals\tanks. Their goal is not to compete in skill, its just to get that daily win and get the F out of there because they don't want to pvp, they just need currency from daily win....

I'v seen half the enemy team rush thru vault without even attacking and then dying while trying to cap our base(all of them were just clicking the point trying to cap while getting slaughtered).... then respawning and doing the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Clutter View Post
    I have some suggestions for TRION

1) Give us our PVP servers back.. do not allow PVE "tourists" to jump to the PVP servers.

2) Give us back our PVP gear - you can make it so it only exists on true PVP servers
    Since they are designing their game more and more like Eq2 felt, this may happen. That game had PvP servers that for over half a decade could not be transferred to or from, and PvP servers had exclusive gear sets PvE servers did not have access to. We can ignore the fact that the PvP gear was still smashed by the avatar loot, but I always felt that was in the right direction. At least your crowd would be people who care. Nobody rolled on a non-transferable PvP server if they had no interest in PvP'ing. Infact, quite the opposite. Heck, most my guildies had PvP server toons they played during off hours of raiding - some joined guilds and all to do minor progression etc. Ironically, Eq2 went Rifts direction eventually. Made the servers x-ferable off and on of, and separated PvP stats and PvE stats.

Doesn't all sound so silly familiar?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

Clearly the Developers do not care about PVP nor do they care if people are going to leave the game. Post after post is nothing but unhappy PVPers hating these changes and many threatening to quit or have quit already. Many feel cheated having their game stolen from them. If the developers cared they would have addressed this issue right away claiming they would at least look into it and this would have kept many from leaving but instead they remained quiet only to leave a rude post or two. The damage has been done and so many have left already they may just continue on this " There is no PVP or PVE just Rift" path keeping people from ever coming back and they will continue to bleed more players to games like WOW. One of the PVP guilds in wow has been growing rather large lately because of the stream of steady unnhappy rift players myself included. I can only hope the Developers open their eyes and show us a shred of evidence they care , I wouldnt hold my breath though......

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by pvpsmash View Post
    Clearly the Developers do not care about PVP nor do they care if people are going to leave the game. Post after post is nothing but unhappy PVPers hating these changes and many threatening to quit or have quit already. Many feel cheated having their game stolen from them. If the developers cared they would have addressed this issue right away claiming they would at least look into it and this would have kept many from leaving but instead they remained quiet only to leave a rude post or two. The damage has been done and so many have left already they may just continue on this " There is no PVP or PVE just Rift" path keeping people from ever coming back and they will continue to bleed more players to games like WOW. One of the PVP guilds in wow has been growing rather large lately because of the stream of steady unnhappy rift players myself included. I can only hope the Developers open their eyes and show us a shred of evidence they care , I wouldnt hold my breath though......
    The problem is not from NT, it is from SL. Devs made relic rng pvp gear which required an enormous effort for many players,( not so much premade farmers) and then they reintroduced cp gear which caused them to refarm that relic over.

They basically killed off pve and raiding in the last year of SL with the changes. PvPer's were basically the only route left and with prestige rewarding players for losing people didn't care much about throwing a game as they still had rewards in the end. There is some sense in the changes but overall there is a list that I can make to fix pvp but nothing will ever happen with PvP in Rift on a massive level like the TS is saying.

The biggest change however would be addition of three ways and four ways which are mixed into random queue but are leaned toward premades/pug queues. This will negate the dominance of premades vs. pugs. Then Trion can put those warfronts in an instant queue for premades and try to match premade vs. premade in the 2 ways indefinitely. That will kill pug stomping time stamps or at least make it challenging to win.

That would be the best solution in my opinion. It is forcing premades to match vs. premades or take long to queue or get instant queue into 3 way and 4 way matches which are challenging enough to win. That would be the start of a whole new era. They can even reward better RNG loot from these specific warfronts. It would be incredibly difficult to exploit 3 way and 4 ways if done properly as well.
    Last edited by Planetx; 12-08-2014 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    emmm.... hmmmmm..... lol?... pvPers already left the game, look at Bloodiron.... it's barren.... and ppl aint coming back after trying tera\sf\wow pvp. Loyal pvp guilds and solo players held on to rift for a long time, but 3.0 was the last straw.

Now warfronts are infested(yes, infested) with horrible players and heals\tanks. Their goal is not to compete in skill, its just to get that daily win and get the F out of there because they don't want to pvp, they just need currency from daily win....

I'v seen half the enemy team rush thru vault without even attacking and then dying while trying to cap our base(all of them were just clicking the point trying to cap while getting slaughtered).... then respawning and doing the same...
    Not all pvp'ers left those of us posting on this forum are testament to that. And that fact that we are still complaining. The thing is that only us pvp'ers notice how horrible these new PVE warfront players are. To them, they are equally skilled and geared except when they run across the pvp'ers that are left. Once the rest of us leave then WFs will even back out with PVE against PVE.

They may not know what to do in the WF and no amount of griefing will help. So I suggest that in the meantime we make it our goal to just kick the crap out of them until we find a new game.
    Mischiief Aeternna Verittie Trieu

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Trieu View Post
    Not all pvp'ers left those of us posting on this forum are testament to that. And that fact that we are still complaining. The thing is that only us pvp'ers notice how horrible these new PVE warfront players are. To them, they are equally skilled and geared except when they run across the pvp'ers that are left. Once the rest of us leave then WFs will even back out with PVE against PVE.

They may not know what to do in the WF and no amount of griefing will help. So I suggest that in the meantime we make it our goal to just kick the crap out of them until we find a new game.
    There are both good and bad players in PvE, same as in PvP. But the only people who got a a gear advantage worth mentioning right now are people from good raiding guilds. Most of these players know their specs well and some of them have been actively pvping for a long time.

I read posts like this all the time, "qq all the pve players are so bad but they kill me with their raid gear". I'm sure there's some really good pvp players out there, but the simple truth is that most pvp players who are getting stomped by raiders are getting stomped because they are bad at the game, not because of any gear difference.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post
    There are both good and bad players in PvE, same as in PvP. But the only people who got a a gear advantage worth mentioning right now are people from good raiding guilds. Most of these players know their specs well and some of them have been actively pvping for a long time.

I read posts like this all the time, "qq all the pve players are so bad but they kill me with their raid gear". I'm sure there's some really good pvp players out there, but the simple truth is that most pvp players who are getting stomped by raiders are getting stomped because they are bad at the game, not because of any gear difference.
    Agreed. they are just bad players. Those raiding players who have been pvping for a long time are a balanced player then. I am not. Raiding is a snore so you won't hear me qqing about gear because I won't raid to get that gear.
    Mischiief Aeternna Verittie Trieu

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post

Amen to that.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread