+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Remember when the pvp forums were about pvp?

Default Remember when the pvp forums were about pvp?

Players were asking for class balance, arenas, ladders, fluff items, new maps, open world content, comparing prestige ranks, guild tools, talking smack ect.... Those are all good signs of an active, healthy user base. While Rift has had its share of doom speakers and white knights, that's a chronic ongoing symptom of age every mmo suffers from. When you cut away at the strata of Rift to reveal the timeline, there is a distinct cut-off when this ongoing decline hits an instinction point and the activity just stops to a trickle. Maybe a dozen of the same credible faces still posting along with a few obvious trolls who are working on getting their 3rd to 5th forum account banned. That's it. No new faces with fresh ideas, only pleas to fix what was broken. Zero activity relating to the game, just how the game is ran.

So where did the pvp go in Rift's community? With the red queen dead, Wonderland turns out to be quite a boring place after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Players were asking for class balance, arenas, ladders, fluff items, new maps, open world content, comparing prestige ranks, guild tools, talking smack ect.... Those are all good signs of an active, healthy user base. While Rift has had its share of doom speakers and white knights, that's a chronic ongoing symptom of age every mmo suffers from. When you cut away at the strata of Rift to reveal the timeline, there is a distinct cut-off when this ongoing decline hits an instinction point and the activity just stops to a trickle. Maybe a dozen of the same credible faces still posting along with a few obvious trolls who are working on getting their 3rd to 5th forum account banned. That's it. No new faces with fresh ideas, only pleas to fix what was broken. Zero activity relating to the game, just how the game is ran.

So where did the pvp go in Rift's community? With the red queen dead, Wonderland turns out to be quite a boring place after all.
    Since they unified PvE/PvP what even have a forum. There were names I would follow, are they still here?

/*crickets chirping...

Be sure to close the door behind you when you leave...

Soulwalker I swear she was level 18's Avatar

Well the rift forums used to be about conquest, so that doesn't actually count as pvp.

ok lets talk about pvp. i 1v1'd ahov's inquisitor with phys/tact.

/discuss

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    ok lets talk about pvp. I 1v1'd ahov's inquisitor with phys/tact.

/discuss
    sploiting necrotic core much???
    what the yedited oput mu caplocks111
    SPLOITING NECROTIC CORE MUCH???
    Last edited by ChelequaRom; 12-07-2014 at 02:43 PM.

the pvp section is still more lively than the warrior section.
    just about every patch during SL included *Warrior: Nerf*
    then along came 3.0 which upped the ante by buffing every other class and still managed to fit in a warrior nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

/discuss
    Could have used phys bard, or phys NB bard for fun. 51 points phys is all you need. Still tops heal charts too.

I went 11-0 as phys 51 bard 25 in a port scion once and was main healer. /discuss.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    then along came 3.0 which upped the ante by buffing every other class and still managed to fit in a warrior nerf.
    Best chance is to ask for melee buffs since we all know Trion is 90% buff up vs down minded.

Then warrior will have one OP soul which probably will still do 50% of its damage from range and be nonphysical. Lets be real here.

These forums died when I stopped posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    These forums died when I stopped posting.
    Exactly my point! Ianto Jones is a forum anchor!

/discuss
    That's the spirit. Come right out of the gate pitting the two most OP classes and drop a big name to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I tried checking out the warrior section since it was the warrior I felt like devoting myself to this time around, and it is indeed as bleak as you mention. Perhaps posting as Anomander would get more replies?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Exactly my point! Ianto Jones is a forum anchor!
    He's the forum's estranged wife? Oh... wrong anchor.

Trion has done irreparable harm to their game with Nightmare Tide by removing pvp progression and introducing the monstrosity that is Nightmare Rifts.

And speaking for myself, I'm like in the negotiation phase of grieving. Hence the guild seeking, dungeon running etc. Next stage is depression, but I'll skip that because I never like Rift THAT much. Last comes acceptance, which is why I say I may not be playing next week.

Meanwhile, I've spent most of my game time today leveling up a toon in Secret World. I'm keeping my expectations low, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Meanwhile, I've spent most of my game time today leveling up a toon in Secret World. I'm keeping my expectations low, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Keep them very low. Funcom's one decent shot was Conan (which still holds up amazingly well) but as usual they always find a way to put the FU in fun. The Secret World is a great "B" movie style fetch quest game which gets weird a little too often, is populated by even weirder folk, and those people just get in the way of what would have been an interesting single player game. Ironically also coming from the "mature" studio, they censored the nudity in the Secret World as opposed to Conan's robust eye for detail. Rift has done a great job with their character modeling as well and is perhaps the best aspect of the game overall imo. Feeling comfortable in one's own digital skin goes a remarkably long way towards enduring an otherwise mediocre MMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast