+ Reply to Thread

Thread: its this game even PVP relate ?

Soulwalker

Default its this game even PVP relate ?

i got a few question for the higher lvl in rift !! will pvp ever get better ?

cause im a lvl 44 rogue.
    and my first impression so far on the WF; REALLY REALLY bad.
    the reason :

1, most of the WF are build for healer, readon ; most of the WF objective is to pick up orb flag or what ever. but not only it does show it on the map, but it ticking your life away, with increase of damage everytime. SO if u are not a healer = u are useless

2, well some ppl tell me that is possible to kill healer/ tank classes. but in most WF i can see a single healer standing in the middle of a WF with 3-5 ppl hitting him from start WF to end WF, and still no death.

conclusion : u need at least 5 dpser to get 1 healer. at wish u may not have 5 ppl on the WF to start with. basically healer are immortal.

3, what the fun 2 play dps in WF when u cant really do anything ?

plz i need reply to know if i should continue to play this game. and not wast my time to lvl up to 60+ and fine out that pvp= a big PoS

1) no, Rift is not a PvP game
    2) yes, heal is king and cross heal is god unless there is a 3+ man dps premade that's just training heals. Pugs can't do it
    3) Warfronts can be won without a single kill cause they are objective based, it is a bad design but necessary cause rift players in general have extremely low skill and are used to zerg mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by malicex View Post
    Nope. At lvl60 it's still somewhat similar. Just there are more CC effects. And ofc balance shifts slightly, once souls get access to high-end talents.

cause im a lvl 44 rogue.
    As a lvl 45 Bard-NB - it's actually quite hilarious.

1, most of the WF are build for healer, readon ; most of the WF objective is to pick up orb flag or what ever. but not only it does show it on the map, but it ticking your life away, with increase of damage everytime. SO if u are not a healer = u are useless
    - even if you can't heal yourself - you can still be healed. And it's easier for a healer to heal you, than to heal himself when being focused.
    - moreover, if you are playing a dps soul, just let the tank grab the flag/fang/etc. Your job is to kill those who jump on him. You are not useless, as long as you actually know how to dps, and can pull some decent numbers.

2, well some ppl tell me that is possible to kill healer/ tank classes. but in most WF i can see a single healer standing in the middle of a WF with 3-5 ppl hitting him from start WF to end WF, and still no death.
    With increased base hp (as of 3.0) it's harder to instagib a healer when you align all your burst at once. Basically to kill a good healer, you need two good dps'ers now (or 3 if they are LoSing). It's just tedious, and their hp won't be really dropping until they will run out of defensive cooldowns.

conclusion : u need at least 5 dpser to get 1 healer. at wish u may not have 5 ppl on the WF to start with. basically healer are immortal.
    Switch targets.

3, what the fun 2 play dps in WF when u cant really do
    Healers might feel useless too. Imagine enemy team has captured the fang, but your team dps is too weak to retake it.
    I understand that's it not pleasant when you can't kill a decent healer (in a reasonable timespan). But as a healer you can't kill decent <anyone>.
    Last edited by MaxQuest; 12-07-2014 at 06:43 AM.

cause im a lvl 44 rogue.
    the reason :

3, what the fun 2 play dps in WF when u cant really do anything ?

plz i need reply to know if i should continue to play this game. and not wast my time to lvl up to 60+ and fine out that pvp= a big PoS
    1. Healers right now have been buffed to a ridiculous state especially Physicians, as they are now a Troll class in the WF! They need to be toned down, or cross healing needs some further healing penalties...

2. I too, had your issues at lower levels Healing is really really stupid below 60. However I am 63 and I can say for whatever reason the class started to synergize much better and I have far less difficulty killing healers.

Now of course there are healers that are just to good of a player or uber geared with full planar attunement etc. But I can pretty much kill any class 1v1 that is of equal gear and skill.

I recommend you just worry about getting XP and a lot of it and getting your PvP rank up and storing favor.

3. DPS in WF isn't really required, however play whats fun for you! Hopefully Healers will be toned down and when they no longer can troll the WF people will stop playing so many of them.
    Homiejackson@Seastone 65 Sin

+ Reply to Thread