+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: if gear is unified...

Default if gear is unified...

why don't we have Marauder/Dreambreaker tank gear? (other than shields)

in the very limited chance they decide to add marauder tank gear, give us some ideas of what you'd like to see in the way of stats/procs/3 piece bonus/ect.

I'd like to see + dodge %.
    not +dodge #, because the dodge # you get on pve gear gives a pathetically small percentage of dodge (like, decimal point small).

perhaps +% increase or +duration for guard

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

RIFT Guide Writer

+Guard. Not duration or anything. Just straight guard.

Forces teams to run in with a tank if they want to melee because of the % reduction aura within 13m of the tank with crystal.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Soulwalker I swear she was level 18's Avatar

The answer to your question is that gear isn't unified. As before, pvp awards bad gear and pve awards BIS.

Welcome to Rift, you must be new here.

I agree, guard would be a good stat. It can give up to about a 10% damage reduction aura.

A hybrid spec for offense, but using a guard buff, would reduce damage output by about 20% I'm guessing, and could be useful in warfronts, mostly for premades.

And I'm sure guard would be good for CQ.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by I swear she was level 18 View Post
    The answer to your question is that gear isn't unified. As before, pvp awards bad gear and pve awards BIS.

Welcome to Rift, you must be new here.
    I mean, the fact that BiS Expert level gear drops from PvP for multiple slots is inconvenient, so might as well ignore it right?

As for tank gear from PvP, Guard would definitely be the stat to get. Once you start pushing towards the guard cap you're a huge benefit for your team when you're relatively close to them.

If tank gear is put in the boxes, you do realize the community uproar because there is a very small number of people that would utilize it? Gear drop rates are already low, to further dilute the loot tables with tank gear would not be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    If tank gear is put in the boxes, you do realize the community uproar because there is a very small number of people that would utilize it? Gear drop rates are already low, to further dilute the loot tables with tank gear would not be ideal.
    your complaint only applies to pvpers and the usage of gear for pvp.

but gear is unified now, and so is the content - according to trion, you don't get gear by pveing or pvping, you get gear by playing rift.
    so why shouldn't pve tank players get gear from pvp too? gear that might be a little more weighted towards pvp viability, but still useful if you want to tank an NME.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdol View Post
    I mean, the fact that BiS Expert level gear drops from PvP for multiple slots is inconvenient, so might as well ignore it right?

As for tank gear from PvP, Guard would definitely be the stat to get. Once you start pushing towards the guard cap you're a huge benefit for your team when you're relatively close to them.
    Do you realize no one cares about BIS expert gear when raid gear is not de-bolstered in pvp?

Telaran

Do you realize no one cares about BIS expert gear when raid gear is not de-bolstered in pvp?
    And you're clearly overestimating the number of people clearing raids currently. Future gear issues can be addressed by future patches. I'm a fan of raid gear being bolstered down, but that hasn't happened.

The issue is that the lack of skill required to obtain PvP gear (read: skill helps, but even afk players can get boxes) means that current top Raid doesn't and should never drop from PvP.

Rift Chaser

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...p-rewards.html

Kronos I agree that tank gear would be useful but feel that there are more basic issues with the pvp rewards. In the linked thread I suggested that gear drops be reduced to 2 basic types(dps & survival) with the ability to chose an upgrade path. For example the dps drops could upgrade to ap, crit, or cp heavy items & the survival could upgrade to healer or tank items. Please take a look & comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    your complaint only applies to pvpers and the usage of gear for pvp.

but gear is unified now, and so is the content - according to trion, you don't get gear by pveing or pvping, you get gear by playing rift.
    so why shouldn't pve tank players get gear from pvp too? gear that might be a little more weighted towards pvp viability, but still useful if you want to tank an NME.
    There is already an abundance of tank gear via experts. Even the pvers have voiced their complaints. No need to dilute the pvp marauder gear loot table.
    Last edited by asianguywithacamera; 12-07-2014 at 02:45 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

You check out new weights for clerics, warriors, and mages lately? All value CP ridiculously high, making a Dreambreaker CP equip that focuses on DPS the 2nd BIS for most slots, above even expert gear.

And you're clearly overestimating the number of people clearing raids currently. Future gear issues can be addressed by future patches. I'm a fan of raid gear being bolstered down, but that hasn't happened.

The issue is that the lack of skill required to obtain PvP gear (read: skill helps, but even afk players can get boxes) means that current top Raid doesn't and should never drop from PvP.
    Afking in a warfront is about as hard as raiding. So both should award the same gear.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    You check out new weights for clerics, warriors, and mages lately? All value CP ridiculously high, making a Dreambreaker CP equip that focuses on DPS the 2nd BIS for most slots, above even expert gear.
    That's what I said. BiS Expert level gear (read: expert level, not expert source) for multiple slots comes from PvP.

Afking in a warfront is about as hard as raiding. So both should award the same gear.
    Oh? How many raid bosses did you clear during Storm Legion? How far are you in Mount Sharax progression?

People with no experience in one side of the game making general statements on it are stupid sounding at best.

RIFT Guide Writer

@Gamdol: Was quoting for emphasis. I didn't make that clear. Sorry.

Oh really? Got a finric kill? How about Drekanoth?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast