+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Join a guild or die

Default Join a guild or die

I've come to the conclusion that my lonewolf style of play just isn't viable in Rift 3.0. It may be that Trion is forcing me to move on to other things.

But I'm wondering, are there any pvp centered guilds left?
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

join the derp side, we have kitties <-Hello Kitty->

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

also, you are right on needing a guild.
    pugging pve is hour long queues and constant wipes on trash.
    pugging pvp is [lose][lose][lose][lose][free win][lose][lose][lose] where most of your team is comprised of afkers or else instant 60s trying to run the fang back to their spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I do not think it is necessary. Watch who is doing well in the WF... And Just send tells to some good players and ask to hang out. If you are a relatively decent player more than likely you will get a group. I know a lot of people outside of the very small guild that I am in. my duo partner and I can hit them up anytime for a group
    Mischiief Aeternna Verittie Trieu

Champion of Telara

It's not as much a necessity in PvP as it is PvE. Even when I was in guild, I rarely queued PvP with Guildies. PvE becomes easier with a guild. Insta queues for dungeons, rally banners for events, it makes the content more streamlined.
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

I solo and duo queue for pvp, that's not the issue at all.

I want like-minded peeps for Nightmare Rifts and dungeon runs. I haven't got a handle on the gearing yet, but it looks like you'll need lots and lots of NMR runs to upgrade seals and get essences.

I'll hit up Hello Kitty later today.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

<-Hello Kitty-> Offer more than just pvp. We also offer dungeon run and Night mare rift too.

And raid is coming soon i can tell you that my friend

Xgame@deepwood

Title known as: Xgame The Legendary Rogue

Telaran

I still run around unguilded. I just run PvP and found PUGs actually test skill better. Most of the time you have to carry idiots and afk'ers.

Although when you don't have TS any guild that is worth your time doesn't want you anyway. So I guess I'll just stay frustrated with terrible PvP progression until I find a better game.

Default +1

Quote Originally Posted by Trieu View Post
    I do not think it is necessary. Watch who is doing well in the WF... And Just send tells to some good players and ask to hang out. If you are a relatively decent player more than likely you will get a group. I know a lot of people outside of the very small guild that I am in. my duo partner and I can hit them up anytime for a group
    Although I will say solo q'ing as anything other than a sneak is an exercise in masochism. We run duo - full pm. Win far far more than we loose - have a few good rivalries in different brackets see the same pm's on the other side .. we have fun trying to take them down (seeing who is pocket healing who etc) win some loose some .. but running solo between the afker's the raid geared pve'rs and the general omg are you kidding me stuff that can happen in a pug ... totally not worth it (yeah lets own our flag and vault ... that's a winner).

If I am forced to run solo I just have fun killing people on my rogue or work on min maxing my specs and rotations without a care in the world about winning or loosing. It just gets old trying to herd cats in a totally pug wf.

Side note - to echo everyone else - taking away PVP gear progression just means as soon as a more pvp centric game releases the few pvp'ers left here will be out faster than you can blink.

Fallse / Capernoctum

Soulwalker I swear she was level 18's Avatar

Conquest zergs don't actually qualify as pvp guilds.

I bet this is news to everyone in rift though.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by I swear she was level 18 View Post
    Conquest zergs don't actually qualify as pvp guilds.

I bet this is news to everyone in rift though.
    <Hello Kitty> doesn't just do CQ zergs. We have dungeon groups and warfront groups all the time. I'm sure once CQ comes back, we'll be running those consistently also.

Some ppl solo queue for stuff, but there is usually a group or 2 of something going on.
    You can find me on Deepwood. Playing Rift too.

Albedina - 65 mage
    Erodthemighty - 65 warrior
    Makion -65 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that my lonewolf style of play just isn't viable in Rift 3.0. It may be that Trion is forcing me to move on to other things.

But I'm wondering, are there any pvp centered guilds left?
    If you wanted to stay on Laethys for any reason, we are a tiny but active guild. We mainly pvp but also do some NTEs together.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Champion of Telara

SoloQ4Life

Rift Chaser

live free or die hard

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    also, you are right on needing a guild.
    pugging pve is hour long queues and constant wipes on trash.
    pugging pvp is [lose][lose][lose][lose][free win][lose][lose][lose] where most of your team is comprised of afkers or else instant 60s trying to run the fang back to their spawn.
    Wat. My queues are instant and can only think of 2 runs I quit. I even have most speed run achieves all from solo queue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast