+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By dodge dodge miss
  • 1 Post By Jeffreys
  • 2 Post By Daglar

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: are you ever going to fix avoidance in pvp and how it affects certain souls?

Shadowlander

Default are you ever going to fix avoidance in pvp and how it affects certain souls?

i get the everyone has gone dark since the xpac and a dev response is rare these days but can you please make an effort to balance this

melee/physical souls are screwed

physician is beyond OP because of bd and base dodge being so high

CC should never miss

interrupts should never miss

heals never miss making them op

PvP is not fun like this. you are totally taking the small amount of skill out of the game for anyone not playing pyro or inq.

set resists/dodge to 0 in pvp and only allow passives or cds to have a small effect on avoidance.

or make it so 1000 hit makes you not miss and set the bolster to 800 hit giving you some incentive to get gear.

800 hit u miss 10% of the time

1000 hit you only miss tanks or because of cds/passives

i dont know why you changed this but it's awful. would people like raiding if you all of a sudden made people randomly miss? ohh i beat you on the parse because my cd didnt miss and yours did, or sorry boss didnt get interrupted he resisted it, raid wipe.

pvers would burn trion down if pve worked like that. random mitigation has no place in pvp, it never has and never will

I agree with the sentiment, but NO WAY to the "1000 Hit" and you never miss.

Seriously, raiders will not need one more advantage. They have enough already.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    I agree with the sentiment, but NO WAY to the "1000 Hit" and you never miss.

Seriously, raiders will not need one more advantage. They have enough already.
    you dont have to raid to get 1000 hit i got it in a week

Quote Originally Posted by dodge dodge miss View Post
    you dont have to raid to get 1000 hit i got it in a week
    yea im at 975 from running an expert or 2 a night

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    yea im at 975 from running an expert or 2 a night
    yea its really easy to get 1k hit

it does nothing right now tho, i tried one wf tonight and had a physician resist more than 20% of my attacks on ranger it was beyond dumb.

i have had inqs and pyros resist weapon barrage a million times. it just makes no sense

Prophet of Telara

Best you can do is reroll to specs which dont suffer too much from it atm. It might take a while but Trion will notice issues when 80% of their player base will play only Pyro or Inq.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

We've adjusted the softcap and the hardcap of dodge in PvP. This will go out in the next hotfix deploy.

There may have been another bug that the fix for is not yet deployed, that was causing dodge to occur more than intended.

~Daglar

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We've adjusted the softcap and the hardcap of dodge in PvP. This will go out in the next hotfix deploy.

There may have been another bug that the fix for is not yet deployed, that was causing dodge to occur more than intended.

~Daglar
    Good news thank you, I'm guessing that's the same bug that makes heals miss in pve?

If it's lowered enough this will balance out healing to since rng on burst and cc is a indirect buff to healing

~Daglar
    what about misses?

http://i.imgur.com/p70G7jH.jpg
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

~Daglar
    If you are really going to continue down this path, don't half *** it. There needs to be some equity between spells and weapon attacks. Either increase the base chance to resist or (more sensibly) allow spells to be avoided (dodged/blocked).

You also need to put pressure on the respective class devs to strive for some consistency between class mechanics, as well as changing the way in which some function with misses and/or dodges.

EXAMPLES
    • Binary Strike/Keen Strike must land in order for off hand attacks to be enabled in the Bladedancer soul whereas folllow up attacks within Paragon are still enabled if their non-finisher, non-attack point generating attacks miss.
    • Create accurate tooltips: Reaver attacks (Flesh Rot, Soul Sickness, Necrotic Wounds, Dire Corruption, Infestation, Explosive Infestation) can not miss though this information is not given.
    • Warlord's Focus (damage of Piercing Strike is increased after a finisher) is not consumed by a missed Piercing Strike, whereas Deadly Dance (damage of the next 3 combo point generating abilities is increased after a finisher) is consumed by attacks that fail to land.
    • There are enabling buffs (Free Recoil, Lock n' Load, Charged Pulse, etc) that are consumed by missed attacks which impair some souls even more than others when their opponent dodges.

I am sure there are more but those are the clearest examples I could think of to demonstrate some of the overarching problems with the removal of hits functionality in PvP.
    Last edited by Stihl; 12-05-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Also almost forgot to mention how Warriors/Rogues are at an innate disadvantage due to the fact the main counter to Inq/Pyro is to interrupt them; can't tell you how many times now I've seen

Weapon Barrage (miss)

while getting wrecked by a Fusillade or Aggressive Inquisition.
    Last edited by Stihl; 12-05-2014 at 08:20 PM.

add shaman to that list, possibly harb. anything flagged as a melee weapon attack or physical attack seems to have a chance to miss or be dodged, including all of shaman and druid's nonphysical attacks. this also applies to tempest, not just warrior's melee souls, the same as it applies to ranger.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Telaran

I quit playing my tempest for now. The miss rate was insane. Seems like it was way higher than what I'm seeing on my inq now.

They also need to not have the cooldown on abilities trigger that miss. Nothing is more frustrating than having a 1+ min cooldown ability just miss. That is just HUGE not getting the benefit of those kinds of abilities. Stuff like that is taking all the skill out of PvP and having it more RNG.

Back in my day you had to hold the back button to block an attack. Taking all the skill out of things these days. Gosh.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread