+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Oh the shame: I ran two dungeons.

Default Oh the shame: I ran two dungeons.

Okay, they were just normal dungeons because I have only 550ish hit. They weren't too terrible, but the road ahead looks long and tedious.

First one I ran Marksman. MM dps is really bad. On the other hand, I couldn't remember where I'd bound deadeye since I never ever use it in pvp unless I feel like getting interrupted and debilitated. Maybe that would have helped. I don't have the aoe channels bound either. Baddie pvpers. We wiped on the last boss and the healer blamed the tank. The support switched to phys and we completed the next try.

Second one I ran Nightblade and damage was on par. It went off without a hitch.

No one was rude and it was interesting to see other types of content. Problem is only thing that dropped was tank gear.

I'm wondering how long I have to do this to get gear so I can grind experts so then finally, I can enjoy content I'm really after.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Okay, they were just normal dungeons because I have only 550ish hit. They weren't too terrible, but the road ahead looks long and tedious.

First one I ran Marksman. MM dps is really bad. On the other hand, I couldn't remember where I'd bound deadeye since I never ever use it in pvp unless I feel like getting interrupted and debilitated. Maybe that would have helped. I don't have the aoe channels bound either. Baddie pvpers. We wiped on the last boss and the healer blamed the tank. The support switched to phys and we completed the next try.

Second one I ran Nightblade and damage was on par. It went off without a hitch.

No one was rude and it was interesting to see other types of content. Problem is only thing that dropped was tank gear.

I'm wondering how long I have to do this to get gear so I can grind experts so then finally, I can enjoy content I'm really after.
    I just bought some of the gear from the AH to gear me up for experts, the weapons/essences particularly. There is also some gear I had gotten from the ship wreck crates in TG that gave me some 100 hit gear. And most of the other gear I got was from doing the chronicle quest. In like 2 days I was in experts. I queue'ed as support particularly so I can be bad at dps :/ and they didn't care too much about it. I got kicked maybe once from elitist group because I couldn't break 20k or 25k dps.
    Last edited by Planetx; 12-03-2014 at 07:47 AM.

FYI deadeye can't be interrupted

Running the normal dungeons will help when you are ready for experts since you'll know most of the mechanics.

Do the chronicle for 100 hit gear and quest in Tarken Glacier since you need to rep anyway. I don't think it should take too long provided you get lucky and don't get so much tank gear. It really does suck how much tank gear drops given that tanks are only a tiny portion of any party/raid.
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    FYI deadeye can't be interrupted

Running the normal dungeons will help when you are ready for experts since you'll know most of the mechanics.
    I've interrupted deadeye with deaden
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    And The Littles

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    I just bought some of the gear from the AH to gear me up for experts, the weapons/essences particularly. There is also some gear I had gotten from the ship wreck crates in TG that gave me some 100 hit gear. And most of the other gear I got was from doing the chronicle quest. In like 2 days I was in experts. I queue'ed as support particularly so I can be bad at dps :/ and they didn't care too much about it. I got kicked maybe once from elitist group because I couldn't break 20k or 25k dps.
    Where are those shipwreck crates? I'll hunt around for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirby View Post
    Do the chronicle for 100 hit gear and quest in Tarken Glacier since you need to rep anyway. I don't think it should take too long provided you get lucky and don't get so much tank gear. It really does suck how much tank gear drops given that tanks are only a tiny portion of any party/raid.
    Regarding tank gear: They're trying to encourage us so the queues aren't so slow. hah
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 12-03-2014 at 08:10 AM.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    And The Littles

I've interrupted deadeye with deaden
    How are you interrupting a yellow cast bar ability?

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    How are you interrupting a yellow cast bar ability?
    Could have been a happy coincidence. I'll have to test in a duel or something.
    I'm also running with 12 points in Blade Dancer, and I macro deaden with weapon barrage. That could be the culprit. They should function identically though since all silences are gone.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    And The Littles

Prophet of Telara

Where are those shipwreck crates? I'll hunt around for those.

Regarding tank gear: They're trying to encourage us so the queues aren't so slow. hah
    Riftgrate has a lot of good info.

Here is a video I just found that I searched for...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm8uMzlfbBs

I'd skip the crates and just go with crafted gear now that they have +100 hit. If you need me to craft leather armor or rogue rings, let me know. I have a lot of fabled leather and diaph cloth. Just cover the cost of the vendor mats (3-4 pp). The crafted gear is better than the green stuff you'll get from those 8 chests.

normals do not drop gear that is useful for getting into experts, at least in the 8 hit slots

Ascendant

The first upgraded tier of crafted gear is dirt cheap now (the 65 blues), and the rust bucket stuff can be really good, though you mostly want them for hit.

Shadowlander

Since Masteries.. MM ST dps...around 35k sustained. Spikes higher.... Sounds like operator error. Ranger still higher ST but not by as much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Niclas View Post
    Since Masteries.. MM ST dps...around 35k sustained. Spikes higher.... Sounds like operator error. Ranger still higher ST but not by as much anymore.
    Yeah, if you're better geared, ie 900+ hit with decent ranged weapon. Someone with 550 hit won't break 25k dps in MM.

When I did dungeons my rules were simple.

If I am doing a dungeon I can solo, I'll run with anyone because if all else fails they can watch me do what 5 apparently can't.

If I am not doing a dungeon I could solo, I only ran with guildies and players I know because I HATE wiping. Wiping in raids is sometimes okay because they are harder. Wiping in dungeons is a disgrace to be a part of. If a group wipes in a group zone and it's not like, the top peak of the mountain of the group zones that border the low end raids in difficulty, the group is horrible.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-03-2014 at 01:13 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast