+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 5 WFs today, 5 lopsided heal fests

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,331

    Default 5 WFs today, 5 lopsided heal fests

    The worst so far was 54-3 kills, the best was like 40-14.


  2. #2
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Good thing you don't heal and help your team.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander Stabadabadoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41

    Default

    I was in Karthan Domination yesterday... 10 deaths total whole match... both sides combined. Shouldn't people die in PvP?

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    And I was thrown into loss after loss after loss. I am guessing it is because people are so frustrated with the imbalances that they are just quitting the warfront and I have to fill the spot. It is so ridiculous the amount of time I waste. Trion just needs to kill off pvp and like I said make it completely niche.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    1 hour = 1 win that I had to actually fight for.. 5 losses that were just autoloss since basically filling leavers and only 54 kills to weekly. Man this sucks.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Post the results here so I can point out the idiots doing 20% of top damage.

    At least, that's what happens in every warfront I've ever been in.

  7. #7
    Telaran Tymer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    I think people need to learn how to focus healers and mark them, also does any body use interrupts anymore? #intteruptplanarvariation,casualtreatment=win. same with other classes.
    What is Burst? <Coriolis>

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Gualtiero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    And I was thrown into loss after loss after loss. I am guessing it is because people are so frustrated with the imbalances that they are just quitting the warfront and I have to fill the spot. It is so ridiculous the amount of time I waste. Trion just needs to kill off pvp and like I said make it completely niche.
    Kill off PvP? They've been doing a fair job of it already. And then those of us who prefer only PvP would be stuck going to one of the other MMOs that we hate so much... because you want PvP dead. How about, you just don't queue for warfronts? If you're really so bad at PvP and really hate PvP as much as you say you do, then just do NOT queue for warfronts. Stay out of the warfronts and leave them to those of us who actually enjoy Rift's brand o' PvP. Stop trying to ruin that part of the game for the rest of us. You've done quite sufficiently well at ruining it already with your incessant whining in the warfronts.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Kilvorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    139

    Default

    simple solution to winning in pvp, go healer, win game. enjoy!

    NT Tier 1 complete 12/18/2014!

  10. #10
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Post the results here so I can point out the idiots doing 20% of top damage.

    At least, that's what happens in every warfront I've ever been in.
    I was going to say this exact same thing. Lately it seems when people don't die, it's because not enough people are doing damage, or worse, everyone is targeting a different person.

    3 people with solid dps targeting the same person drops that person pretty quickly right now. Healers simply can't heal through that kind of spike damage.

    In all of this, the question has to be asked. Why is it that Premades can continue to role through people, even if the other team has several healers, and its simply because if the premade is decent they focus their damage.
    Last edited by Rhumble; 12-03-2014 at 11:50 AM.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    The average Rift player does not do solid DPS.

    Scratch that, the average MMO player does not do solid DPS.

    This is why I never played physician. I'd rather die as the only hope of damage than lose because I gave a bunch of newbs a good opportunity and they couldn't manage to figure out which of their 6 buttons to use.

    Still boggles me. Let's throw design and structure of the game aside. It's like a 25 year old still playing pick-up b-ball games at middle school. Ya every now and then you'll catch a nearly 6 foot young teen who can play ball, but you're going to probably own most of those kids if you can play the game at a proper level.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-03-2014 at 12:28 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser Escadora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Simplicity, sit back and let the good/bad times roll.. or respec, test it, get into a War front, plan it all out and make it happen.
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

  13. #13
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    The average Rift player does not do solid DPS.

    Scratch that, the average MMO player does not do solid DPS.

    This is why I never played physician. I'd rather die as the only hope of damage than lose because I gave a bunch of newbs a good opportunity and they couldn't manage to figure out which of their 6 buttons to use.

    Still boggles me. Let's throw design and structure of the game aside. It's like a 25 year old still playing pick-up b-ball games at middle school. Ya every now and then you'll catch a nearly 6 foot young teen who can play ball, but you're going to probably own most of those kids if you can play the game at a proper level.
    I hate to admit it but he's right. A great dps is better off doing damage than healing. The problem is, some healers give the crappy players the heals, the ones that lack the pvp attunement and/or poor gear and/or poor spec and/or poor positioning.

    How many times have we've been in a wf where people in the top 5 damage get barely any heals but yet the 5-4 inquisitor soaked up 400,000 in heals because they stood in the middle of battle instead of using the terrain for LoS or staying at max distance?

  14. #14
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    I hate to admit it but he's right. A great dps is better off doing damage than healing. The problem is, some healers give the crappy players the heals, the ones that lack the pvp attunement and/or poor gear and/or poor spec and/or poor positioning.

    How many times have we've been in a wf where people in the top 5 damage get barely any heals but yet the 5-4 inquisitor soaked up 400,000 in heals because they stood in the middle of battle instead of using the terrain for LoS or staying at max distance?
    I'll admit I do a bad job at this, but it's more complicated than healing the highest numbers on the scoreboard. THere are many bad pvp'ers who just think doing lots of ae damage or tab dotting is the most important thing. Making sure those getting some killing blows is far more important.

    Makes me want to create a HealMe addon that just checks the scoreboard and points out the people I should be healing. Is there a scoreboard add on that lets you track killing blows throughout?

  15. #15
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhumble View Post
    I'll admit I do a bad job at this, but it's more complicated than healing the highest numbers on the scoreboard. THere are many bad pvp'ers who just think doing lots of ae damage or tab dotting is the most important thing. Making sure those getting some killing blows is far more important.

    Makes me want to create a HealMe addon that just checks the scoreboard and points out the people I should be healing. Is there a scoreboard add on that lets you track killing blows throughout?
    When I'm healing I'll sneak a peak at the leaderboard but also watch the announcer messages (killing spree, rampage, unstoppable).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts