+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How many people do you ignore?

Default How many people do you ignore?

Chat is just too cluttered now with the PvE type yelling all through the match. I propose an auto-ignore addon that adds those that do it.

/yell Interrupt!!
    /yell Ecto Gammat!!
    /yell Interrupt!!
    /yell Orchestra of the Planes
    /yell I dropped Power Core lets do it.
    /yell Interrupt!!
    /yell Wild Growth active!!
    /yell Interrupt!!
    /yell Lava field dummies, stand in it.
    /yell Interrupt!!
    /yell Flaring Power! Flaring Power!
    /yell AoE cleanse!!
    /yell Interrupt!!

well those are useful

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    well those are useful
    Then why tell the enemy?

I love enemy mages who use /yell macros for wild growth.
    it makes it so much easier to find them and kill them.

the pve LFG queue system is supposedly set up so that it wont group you with players you have on your ignore list.
    the WF queue system desperately needs this feature.

I have 4 or 5 players on my ignore list right now (I clean it regularly). but if they were to add the PVE LFG feature to the WF queue system, I'd happily expand that by adding every afking waste of space leecher I see.

P.S. it doesn't bother me that I'm probably on a lot of ignore lists myself. most of those who have me ignored I wouldn't want on my team anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post

the pve LFG queue system is supposedly set up so that it wont group you with players you have on your ignore list.
    the WF queue system desperately needs this feature.

I have 4 or 5 players on my ignore list right now (I clean it regularly). but if they were to add the PVE LFG feature to the WF queue system, I'd happily expand that by adding every afking waste of space leecher I see.

P.S. it doesn't bother me that I'm probably on a lot of ignore lists myself. most of those who have me ignored I wouldn't want on my team anyway.
    There are more instances created of expert dungeon maps (max 5 people matched) than there are of WF maps (10-40? people matched) and thus the dungeon LFG can afford to check the ignore lists to not have people in the same group. In the case of WF lfg, if anyone on your ignore list queue'd before you it would be YOU that would not be placed in the map with them and queued up for the next map and your queue time would be significantly longer the more people you have on your ignore list (and consequently just give you something else to complain about).

People used to get so mad at me during my raiding days because I refused to macro my group DPS damage proc buff that lasted for 30s.

"This is a pro guild right? Look at your buff bar and figure it out, not /say spamming what I'm going to obviously hit asap"
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by hohlistix View Post
    There are more instances created of expert dungeon maps (max 5 people matched) than there are of WF maps (10-40? people matched) and thus the dungeon LFG can afford to check the ignore lists to not have people in the same group. In the case of WF lfg, if anyone on your ignore list queue'd before you it would be YOU that would not be placed in the map with them and queued up for the next map and your queue time would be significantly longer the more people you have on your ignore list (and consequently just give you something else to complain about).
    I didn't say it should not put you on the same map as those you have on ignore, I said not on the same team.

and I'd probably be willing to accept longer queue times if it means less AFKers and less clueless nubs (the ones who run the fang back to their spawn in BG) as the result would be more competitive teams.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

It's easy to spot the raiders because they tell me about 46 times in a warfront that they've interrupted someone.

Telaran

I didn't say it should not put you on the same map as those you have on ignore, I said not on the same team.

and I'd probably be willing to accept longer queue times if it means less AFKers and less clueless nubs (the ones who run the fang back to their spawn in BG) as the result would be more competitive teams.
    so you're ok with AFK'ers / Leechers on the enemy team? As long as your team wins right? lol

Champion of Telara

I have about 230 now. I pretty much put anyone on ignore who annoys me in chat.

Yeah many a time of burned down someone who let me know they were cleansing!

As for ignores, it's alot.

Sword of Telara

I really can't believe that people actually use /yell for WG of all things, it's literally screaming "Cleanse me because I'm stupid enough to point out all the purple bordered trees on the raid frames!"

Anyway, the thing that worries me about the people who put this stuff with yells on is the amount of times that they don't AoE cleanse or interrupt based on their chat. A single AoE cleanse must prevent a pretty large amount of damage when dealing with inq/cab/warlock DoTs...

Edit: Forgot to mention: the only people I ever ignore are those idiots who put some witty yell in with a random abiliity that gets irritating the second time you see it.
    Last edited by Foolio; 12-03-2014 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hohlistix View Post
    so you're ok with AFK'ers / Leechers on the enemy team? As long as your team wins right? lol
    actually, I'd be far happier if everyone put the afkers on ignore and the useless wastes of a player slot never got a warfront pop ever again, or found themselves in a warfront with only afkers on both teams, so no one gained anything at all.

you need to consider that if this feature were to be added to the warfront queue, other people would use it too, and not just for afkers. trolls, abusive, and just plain bad players would all find themselves being added to ignore lists.
    the result might be far more positive both for quality of game play and quality of the community.

My ignore list is long, filled with morons who think they are elite and like to tell everyone about it, people who make stupid comments about any healer (ffs give that a rest people), and those announcing that they casted their skills in any type of chat. I however never put those people on ignore who think that I really care if they send me a rage /tell. those i find hilarious so keep them coming.

I can say that I think my ignore list will never be long enough. So log-in and send me a tell so I can ignore you too!
    Mischiief Aeternna Verittie Trieu

At least they interrupt!

I personally decided to make wild growth yell macro for my 61 arbiter spec.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast