+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Developers, why are the PVP Community Second Class Citizens?

Angry Developers, why are the PVP Community Second Class Citizens?

Its the PvP community that keeps games running as content gets old and gear is topped out PvErs lose interest as there are no Dragons to slay and standing on x and running to y then jumping on z gets boring...

Why treat the PvPers like dogs? I just came back to this game and subscribed upgraded my expansion, bought some Upgrades, and I am a PvPer only! I've only been play 3 weeks and spent good amount of cash on the game yet you treat us like we're meaningless?

Please rethink your strategy...

We just want to play and succeed too! In a competitive way that is some what balanced. PvErs should not be held to a premium and given easier passage.
    Homiejackson@Seastone 65 Sin

If you wanted PvP you came to the wrong game.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Quote Originally Posted by Warchopp View Post
    Its the PvP community that keeps games running as content gets old and gear is topped out PvErs lose interest as there are no Dragons to slay and standing on x and running to y then jumping on z gets boring...

Why treat the PvPers like dogs? I just came back to this game and subscribed upgraded my expansion, bought some Upgrades, and I am a PvPer only! I've only been play 3 weeks and spent good amount of cash on the game yet you treat us like we're meaningless?

Please rethink your strategy...

We just want to play and succeed too! In a competitive way that is some what balanced. PvErs should not be held to a premium and given easier passage.
    All I can say is I was a patron since the launch of tthe game and have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars here. I did not mind because I loved this game in spite of its short commings with pvp. When they took away all progression, forcing us to PVE for PVP gear and giving raiders a clear advantage over pvpers that was the last straw. I know many of us were loyal paying customers who got shafted. There is no reason to make changes like they did other than to drive us away. Many other games have tried this years ago only to have it destroy their game and many of them reverted back really fast once they started to bleed customers. Rift is no different, they knew what they were doing, there is no way to justify their hostile actions they took toward their PVP communitty completely destroying all progression and forcing content on us we dislike. Many of my friends left, guildys left, familiar pvp faces left, I only log in every so often now to say hi to the remaining peeps htat are hoping for changes. This has to be the worst i have ever seen with changes made to a PVP community and what makes it worse is the fact that instead of fixing it to please its customers we are thrown away like garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Warchopp View Post

I think it's a bigger issue than just PvP, although PvP definitely got hit the hardest. I found this said in a thread on raiding:

"But with all this lag, bugs,re-recycled content and questionable gameplay changes (crafting and pvp mostly destroyed in 3.0 for example) it is hard not to feel that Trion is bailing on Rift."

Even the PvEers are angry. Time to flee the ship matey!
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

Rift Disciple

Was a patron since launch and after the new expansion I played a grand total of 3 weeks before I deleted the game off my computer.

Never have I seen such a blatant disregard for your gamers/customers time and effort. Can safely say after spending 1000's on this game I will not ever log into it again.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by PVPjunky View Post
    I think many of us have gotten to this point of frustration and will never come back. I have even seen guildys on another game I play talking about why they left rift after the expansion and mostly because of PVP.
    Frustration nah....Just wasting 4 years of my time to get passed by people doing pve stuff in one patch.

My RELIC pvp gear that was completed was not even good enough to get into a queue for a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidence99 View Post
    Frustration nah....Just wasting 4 years of my time to get passed by people doing pve stuff in one patch.

My RELIC pvp gear that was completed was not even good enough to get into a queue for a dungeon.
    It's called a gear reset. Get over it already. I got nightmare stars from my crate myrmidon gear so all was not lost.

Plane Walker

I think some of it right now is it's just much much easier to get gear in PvE. I have the vast majoirty of Expert items. And really there was just one week where I did significantly more experts than the random 10. PvP on the other hand I've been averaging 15 wins a week, and have seen one piece from a chest (thankfully it was a good one). From what I can tell I'm unlucky, But still that is just a crazy low drop rate. Especially if I were still strictly a PvPer, that would be just horrible.. And PVE'ers would have far outgeared me for PvP because it is so much easier to gear up with PvE.

As I tell most people. I'm glad I'm no longer a strict PvPer, because i would have left the game over the changes. They were just horrible for strict PvPers. But that was well known and discussed before 3.0, and Trion seemed to think that this direction was correct, even if it drove lots away from the game.

Must be nice, that trion devs feel they have a big enough customer base and make more than enough money to treat customers like they have over the last year and half. Not to mention, treating the game itself, like some sort of science project. Low bar or a powerhouse game? You decide...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidence99 View Post

My relic t3 raid pieces didn't get me into experts either. Its almost like they added more levels or something

you don't want to pve but you want to be competitive in pvp again. You do know you can craft a full set of lvl 65 gear and upgrade it to be pretty solid. Also the chests you get for winning in pvp have a chance to drop gear that is equal to expert tier epic gear when upgraded with favor. Oh and the BIS greater essences drop from pvp chests too... sooo yea, quit your *****in!

NT Tier 1 complete 12/18/2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilvorian View Post
    you don't want to pve but you want to be competitive in pvp again. You do know you can craft a full set of lvl 65 gear and upgrade it to be pretty solid. Also the chests you get for winning in pvp have a chance to drop gear that is equal to expert tier epic gear when upgraded with favor. Oh and the BIS greater essences drop from pvp chests too... sooo yea, quit your *****in!
    Then PvE Expert gear should have deleveled stats in Warfronts then! Why should they have the best of both words and not even make the grind for one of them?

Quote Originally Posted by PVPjunky View Post
    I finally broke down and tried another game to see how it was like for PVP and can tell you it has everything this game should have. You PVP for your gear and weapons, you are not forced into anything you dislike. You are treated fairly, and have real progression not some dumb box hoping you get sucky gear that is impossible to upgrade. I really miss rifts old system at least we had real progression and it was similar to the game I am playing right now.
    What game is that? At least finish your comment with the context you spoke of so we don't have to follow up with a question!

Like my Girlfriend coming home and saying "Man today was horrible and sucked" rather than just tell me I have to say "What happen at work" blach vomit

Telaran

This game has turned to junk. The sheer fact that they didn't even patch today is proof of that. I'm 100% positive they are trying to shut Rift down. There is no other explanation as to why they would deliberately do something (forcing players into doing content they don't want to) that has been proven to drastically reduce player bases time and time again.

If I'm wrong then I challenge the Devs to come here and tell the whole community why I'm wrong. I'm sure there will be no response though. Any type of response would almost surely contradict something that was already stated to be put in place on purpose.

Can we check how many of the top level managers shorted the stock?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast