+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Do you still feel like PVPing for hours at a time with no progression?

Default Do you still feel like PVPing for hours at a time with no progression?

I seem to have lacked the will to pvp with these new changes that takes our gear, ranks, and progression away. After a couple warfronts and seeing many PVEers afking along with no rewards or lets say slap in the face mystery boxes there is no reason to play. Seems like most of the PVPers are gone and there is nothing but PVEers either afking for marks, or the PVEers who have good gear advantage and are using their new advantages to put the hurt on PVPers knowing there is nothing we can do about it. The whole situation seems bad all around for you if you are a PVPer. Do PVPers even still play more than a couple wf at a time anymore with these changes?

Soulwalker

I kinda feel the same way to be honest. I really tried and tried but I cant stomach the pve in order to pvp. Forcing content I dislike makes me not want to play

I personally like the way it is now for PVP. I have a good time playing instead of the PVE grind of learning new raid bosses, and wiping over and over again.
    Over the long weekend, I won around 38 WF, lost probably close to that many as well. all the pvp maps to me are fun, except for Ghar station.
    It's nice knowing I'm not trying to get gear, but just play the game with the gear I have, and try to have fun.

Telaran

I'll PvP even if there really isn't anything for progression. The thing I can't stand is getting rolled over by PvEers who have raids on farm and I'm still stuck with 600hit.

I don't even pvp for 2+ hours any longer. There are days that I don't even join a warfront.

Too busy grinding rep, farming dungeons, trying to unlock BiS essences via NMR.... all pve stuff :/

I still pvp most of the time, but my enjoyment of it has definitely taken a hit, and I get frustrated and mad at the AFKers and general lack of intention to win most of the players have these days.

you'd think the marauders boxes would be a reason for players to try to win, but they aren't because the drop rate is so low and the upgrade costs are too high so the gear essentially has no point for being in the game at all. those forced to play for marks don't care about winning or losing because the queue system gives you an auto win once you've had a run of losses. you literally cannot fail to complete your dailies/weeklies just by afking while watching a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Pvp enthusiasts making requests in forums are like the children waiting in line to see the local mall Santa- you can ask for anything you want, but its highly unlikely you will get any of it.

And no- saying that doesn't make me happy, nor do I get any degree of satisfaction for making others opinions seem trivial.

But at this point in time, the cold hard reality is evident.

Quit whining & clinging to false hopes- go explore other activities, other games, other hobbies.

Have some fun.
    Last edited by Hectyr; 12-02-2014 at 02:58 PM.

I still do the daily WFs and the weeklies... It feels like I'm doing it all for nothing. But, I'm addicted to Rift PvP I admit. PvP was the reason I came back to Rift when it went f2p. I'll take my time to get to p100 and likely flake off.

I did a NTE thing the other day. I think it was called Nightmare Coast? Something like that. It was so lifeless. Like everything was too predictable. It felt stale.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    I don't even pvp for 2+ hours any longer. There are days that I don't even join a warfront.

Too busy grinding rep, farming dungeons, trying to unlock BiS essences via NMR.... all pve stuff :/
    Why are you playing a game your post so clearly emits personal hatred for?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

I gave in quite a while ago, I just spectate the forum pvp
    to see if anything is changing.

I loved the pvp when the game started, we had huge battles,
    and even organized some king of the hill battles, and defend big building
    attack big building runs. So much fun !

Then they removed world pvp pretty much, and I ran warfronts from then on,
    with a sprinkling of getting 2-5 on 1'd or ganked at dailies areas. I was never
    able to commit enough time to run wfs with the good gear. I was always 2 levels behind,
    but still did ok with my archon, running it as a tenderizer and buffer

That got old though and I gave up once the wf matching became so absurd as
    to put 5 heals on one side and none on the other.

I really miss the pvp heyday, and from what I can tell, a crapload of other folks
    did too. GW2 was ok but lacked the dynamic world pvp feel of not knowing when
    someone might appear. I tried Archage, and was doing ok with a rogue like toon,
    but it didn't feel as good to me, and was more like Hackage the way things were running.
    Trion released it but they didn't develop it from what I understand.

So, I ended up back in wow. Hell I had 7 toons, might as well, and I've been having fun there,
    but it's gotten pretty juvenile since it came out.

If Rift took pvp back to it's heyday, I would come back, even with imbalances. I think a ton
    of other folks would too.

Frayedknot

I like killing other players, being killed by others, and finding a players weakness. I like looking for the same players in WFs before it starts to know who I am up against, knowing that it is going to be a challenge.

So I will keep going... Until another game pops up that catches my interest.
    Mischiief Aeternna Verittie Trieu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Why are you playing a game your post so clearly emits personal hatred for?
    why are you still posting on a forum you no longer participate in?

Rift Disciple

Hell maybe I'll dl it and try it again. The pvp gear grind was impossible for
    me in the first place lol

Frayedknot

Well, PvP is my major fun. Mostly the rest of what I do is work - gathering, crafting, questing, carnage, stuff like that. I think. Correct me if I am wrong. Everyone is geared almost exactly the same now due to bolstering, up and down? It should be that way since PvP gear and progression went on the scrap pile with 3.0 (Thank you TRION). The real lopsided WFs come from PuG vs. Premade. How you gonna balance for that? I still think put Premades in their own Q. You'd think if TRION didn't mind neutering PvP without even a thank you for the memories, they wouldn't mind slapping down Premades a little. Que? Who knows, truly.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Hectyr View Post
    Pvp enthusiasts making requests in forums are like the children waiting in line to see the local mall Santa- you can ask for anything you want, but its highly unlikely you will get any of it.

And no- saying that doesn't make me happy, nor do I get any degree of satisfaction for making others opinions seem trivial.

But at this point in time, the cold hard reality is evident.

Quit whining & clinging to false hopes- go explore other activities, other games, other hobbies.

Have some fun.
    And that's a reality this community has to face. That serious pvp is out the window or should I say players who focus on pvp. It's not happening in Rift.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast