• 8 Post By Zulika Mi Nam
  • 1 Post By Fusscle
  • 2 Post By Miliie
  • 4 Post By jackhammerr
  • 1 Post By Pork Star
  • 1 Post By PVPjunky
  • 1 Post By Malackye
  • 1 Post By pvpsmash

Thread: Thank you guys for posting on the PVP changes made in 3.0.....

Soulwalker

Default Thank you guys for posting on the PVP changes made in 3.0.....

....saved me the time and disappointment of re-downloading Rift. The dev post in this thread by Landstalker was the kicker.

I loved Rift PVP and it has been a fallback to me since its launch. I usually come back and patron a few months until a new shiny grabs my attention, jump to a even newer shiny, and then return when the shine wears off all of them.

I (do not/will not) Raid and ya I want to be on a level playing field with the top end so this is the end for me. I will pass the word on to my friends at work that I had gotten into the game that only have time to PVP as well.

The old Trion was the dev company that I held in high regard and used a measuring stick for the others, this new Trion is pushing their games in the opposite direction of what I am comfortable with. Just my personal opinion of course -it is the only one I have - hehe!

I am now in a minority customer base from a marketing perspective. Scratch that previous statement -I'm no longer in the customer base. Now marketing is the one chasing the new shiny - lol!
    Last edited by Zulika Mi Nam; 11-30-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Two new warfronts in the last few months, and an attempt to bring more players into pvp.

Neither of these were done well, but at the barest minimum you could say that PVP hasn't been totally ignored. This can still be salvaged if Devs took some time to look at the causes and effects of their decisions, and make some corrections before they lose more of the PVP player base.

So far they fixed healing, after it was set wrong twice. It's about right now. But this wasn't done carefully, and there was no apology made for the mistake. No one needs to grovel, but a short comment would go a long way.

Bare minimum things left to fix for PVP IMO:
    • Marauder gear drop rate increased
    • Marauder gear upgrade cost reduced
    • Fix downbolster to remove raid gear from warfronts
    • New mechanic for martyrdom warfronts, to make them about PVP.
    • Change weekly and daily quests to keep people who don't want to PVP out of warfronts. Making PVP content more accessible to PVErs is a good thing, but they should want to be there.

These days when I log in I think about all the stuff I need to grind, instead of the fun stuff I want to do. Now most of my game time goes to grinding. If it's fun people will play it, doesn't that make sense? But this Carrot and Stick insults my intelligence, and I don't need that to keep me playing. Just give me a fun PVP game and I'll play. I'll even pay for stuff just because I'm enjoying the game.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

I did not see a dev post in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulika Mi Nam View Post
    ....saved me the time and disappointment of re-downloading Rift. The dev post in this thread by Landstalker was the kicker.

I loved Rift PVP and it has been a fallback to me since its launch. I usually come back and patron a few months until a new shiny grabs my attention, jump to a even newer shiny, and then return when the shine wears off all of them.

I (do not/will not) Raid and ya I want to be on a level playing field with the top end so this is the end for me. I will pass the word on to my friends at work that I had gotten into the game that only have time to PVP as well.

The old Trion was the dev company that I held in high regard and used a measuring stick for the others, this new Trion is pushing their games in the opposite direction of what I am comfortable with. Just my personal opinion of course -it is the only one I have - hehe!

I am now in a minority customer base from a marketing perspective. Scratch that previous statement -I'm no longer in the customer base. Now marketing is the one chasing the new shiny - lol!
    This is all great and all... but what is the purpose of this post?
    Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be rude. Just wondering.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 11-30-2014 at 09:27 PM.

Rift Disciple

Nope, healing should be at 85% where it was at 3.0 launch. That was perfect, anything less leads to stalemate fests.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fusscle View Post
    [*]New mechanic for martyrdom warfronts, to make them about PVP.
    Give us points for landing the KB on them. If the Vessel/Egg/Fang gets them then fair game. Increase points given per kill to 5. 10 in megalibrary eyn.
    Devaak@Seastone <The Cult> Server First Dreambreaker. Because I am that damn good.
    Nixium the Prestigious@Seastone Mage is hard, lessons plz

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberellium View Post
    Nope, healing should be at 85% where it was at 3.0 launch. That was perfect, anything less leads to stalemate fests.
    How about learning a role with some cc's . 75% is good enough and it is not the solo healer but the crossing healing.

Pvp has become Healers trolling the non healers... Literally any WF with node or flag capture style is 80% healers healing each other unkillable!

The only solace is finding another DPS to pick on and kill over and over until the timer ends...

Champion of Telara

Yes, their knee jerk reaction to all of the whining at launch has brought healing stalemates back into PvP.

They need to add a healing counter to each calling, preferably in a melee soul. Like Druid, Warlord, Riftstalker, and Harbinger.
    Last edited by Caeus; 12-01-2014 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsalot View Post
    I did not see a dev post in that thread.

The post is on page 3 of that thread about halfway down.
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Zulika Mi Nam View Post

Many of us tried to tell not only PVPers but Trion how bad these changes would be for players but it all fell on deaf ears. I wish I had known the extent of how bad this expansion would be before I pre ordered it and wasted my money on a game that has nothing in it for PVPers........absolutely NOTHING. If you PVE you have plenty of options to progress except that now in order to earn EXTRA marks a PVEers may have to do some warfronts. Many players who PVP either left and found better options or is hoping and waiting for a sign that they may change things and give back progression to PVPers. I did not wait, almost all my friends and guildys left and now I log in to say hi to my friends that are trying to wait it out. Other than logging in for 5 min a day I have not played since the first week of release. So sad this used to be my favorite game only to be ruined for all PVPers.....

If you base your decision to come back on whether or not there is QQing in the PvP forums...

Soulwalker

Kinda makes me wish I read the forums before I purchased the expansion pack.Nothing kills a game faster than to take a fun way to gear up away from players.

I too wasted my money on this expansion. I would have never spent it if I knew how bad it was going to be. Bravo Trion, you got me........

Soulwalker

Default Crapspansion....

I also was legally robbed by this company thinking I would be playing a game that has always had PVP progression no has none. Half my guild is gone, friends are leaving and I feel ripped off I paid for this crapspansion. If I knew Trion was going to do this to PVPers I would never have bought the original game, subbed, and bought items from the store because my account it worthless to me now. I log in for 5 min here and there just to say hi to my couple friends left but thats it. I wasted a lot of money on a company that does not care for its players.....

+ Reply to Thread