+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Top PvP souls should always be core souls

Default Top PvP souls should always be core souls

Title says it all. Never should expansion souls be the most optimal or mandatory for effectiveness in pvp. So far the devs are doing a decent job of sticking to this rule with Pyro, Sin, and Inq....

What about the lowly warrior? It use to be Riftblade back in the day, then Warlord had a turn, but now it's Paragon? A PvE dps soul? No... not gonna work.

So what soul would you guys like to see become the proper dominant warrior PvP soul? Should we return to Riftblade, Warlord, or perhaps explore the possibility that Reaver could be tuned up properly so it's actually enjoyable and effective to play?

What say you?

I want to see druid rise to the top.
    what is more demeaning than dying to a faerie?

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Dying to an asian guy with a camera. Thank you I'll be here all week. Try the fish!

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    You know, time to time I think of you when I play USFIV because one of the maps literally has.....an Asian guy with a Camera, taking pictures of the fight. How cliche.

On a related note. PvP and souls should be like Rogues were for damn near all of the 60 era. All viable in their respectable situations. Tactician was truly voided out once Physician was released, but prior a solid player could spec right to do decent healing for what it was. Aside from that, every soul had a place and time it could be used and shine strongly. Though extremely rare, even 61 Riftstalker specs could pull off some tasks that any other main souled rogue spec wouldn't have done better or perhaps as good.

But, I am pretty sure that was the overall intention from the get-go, to never have a soul that doesn't own a place and time if the player so desires. By this I mean, there were plenty of times when you could have gone Ranger or MM at 60. Sometimes one of the others was a better choice, sometimes the other seemed to perform slightly better due to circumstance. So it wasn't mandatory you have all the specs to be viable, but at the same time, every soul was viable in a sense if the player wanted to use it. But you also couldn't always force viability, as much as I loved Bladedancer, sometimes it just was not the proper time and place for one. But since it was viable, I could play it in a totally under-dog settings and still be an asset or competitive because it wasn't utter trash, just being used out of it's comfort zone.

That was my experience with Rogue souls though and I felt that was a solid mantra of design all the callings should have had.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Pretty sure Physician is the top pvp soul... i mean... 5 man physician premade in new WF is fun... em.... yeah, 100% win rate!

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Oh god, OP is on drugs again.

Champion of Telara

I play Druid once in a while and you can flat out annihilate one person per minute. Fae Mimicry-Pull-Deb-Combined Effort-Resounding Blow-Punishing Blow-Massive Blow.

There's not too much to do between CDs. I am not sure where you'd want to go with it. Cleric has a melee DPS soul with Shaman, so where does Druid fit in?

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    I play Druid once in a while and you can flat out annihilate one person per minute. Fae Mimicry-Pull-Deb-Combined Effort-Resounding Blow-Punishing Blow-Massive Blow.

There's not too much to do between CDs. I am not sure where you'd want to go with it. Cleric has a melee DPS soul with Shaman, so where does Druid fit in?
    Give the pet an aoe healing debuff. Boom, instant utility.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    Oh god, OP is on drugs again.
    I'll enjoy my weekends how I want!!!

Besides when alcohol isn't enough to enjoy Rift's pvp anymore.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    I'll enjoy my weekends how I want!!!

Besides when alcohol isn't enough to enjoy Rift's pvp anymore.....
    I'll get an infraction if I list the things that weren't enough to make Rift fun sometimes.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-29-2014 at 09:50 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Ummm, warrior has had tempest off and on as the best pvp soul as is currently the case.
    Recently got star offense which was near impossible during the warlord days. Warlord was good at killing, just ****ty and dealing killing blows as melee sucks in this game and always will until they tune it properly.

Edit: Tempest isn't a core soul *slaps* belay all of that then.
    Last edited by Cyberellium; 11-30-2014 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberellium View Post
    Ummm, warrior has had tempest off and on as the best pvp soul as is currently the case.
    Recently got star offense which was near impossible during the warlord days. Warlord was good at killing, just ****ty and dealing killing blows as melee sucks in this game and always will until they tune it properly.

Edit: Tempest isn't a core soul *slaps* belay all of that then.
    There's absolutely no reason to play a tempest when you could just roll an Inquisitor or Pyro. Tempest is a PvE soul meant for mobile raid fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    Pretty sure Physician is the top pvp soul... i mean... 5 man physician premade in new WF is fun... em.... yeah, 100% win rate!
    No its not fun, its a troll spec and team makeup...

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    There's absolutely no reason to play a tempest when you could just roll an Inquisitor or Pyro. Tempest is a PvE soul meant for mobile raid fights.
    Tempest has phenomenal burst for PvP, only Pyro is better for ranged souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Tempest has phenomenal burst for PvP, only Pyro is better for ranged souls.
    Yeah, I don't know why warriors knock on tempest, probably because they just want to qq. The few tempest I've seen have wrecked the warfronts. Even my ranger can't keep up with their damage output.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast