+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: the lack of...will to win

  1. #1
    Plane Walker Sekirach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    455

    Default the lack of...will to win

    hello all, im Sekirach@Bloodiron, some EU players might know me.

    Im a bit dissapointed that some people click join WF to leach. leach in literate way. its a uprising fashion.

    with 3.0, its done what its done to PvP,game changed,will change in time and all..but it really, really makes me sad not to be able to do anything about a random individual (lately plural) that join WF just to AFK. imagine any raid doing any boss with afk members - makes it less fun no matter how hard you try.

    https://imageshack.com/i/pbEg2jfHj


    idk how much of that SS can you all see - but in Codex a person was openly calling other people to join him at his mark and go AFK together.

    that is just wrong! i know we cant do much about it , and that im barking in the wind, but its still wrong!

  2. #2
    Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Hmm... this comment could also be understood as: "if you dont care, at least stay out of the way and dont **** **** up!" I don't know, it's a bit out of context here.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sekirach View Post
    hello all, im Sekirach@Bloodiron, some EU players might know me.

    Im a bit dissapointed that some people click join WF to leach. leach in literate way. its a uprising fashion.

    with 3.0, its done what its done to PvP,game changed,will change in time and all..but it really, really makes me sad not to be able to do anything about a random individual (lately plural) that join WF just to AFK. imagine any raid doing any boss with afk members - makes it less fun no matter how hard you try.

    https://imageshack.com/i/pbEg2jfHj


    idk how much of that SS can you all see - but in Codex a person was openly calling other people to join him at his mark and go AFK together.

    that is just wrong! i know we cant do much about it , and that im barking in the wind, but its still wrong!
    There is no PvP in Rift, seeing how there is no PvP gear or PvP progression, therefore "PvP" in Rift is simply a way to make more marks for raiders.

    It sucks, but you cant do anything about it.

    I see this happen in 4/5 WF's and I dont blame people for afk-ing/leaching, because thats a byproduct of Trions gear unification.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Rheven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,934

    Default

    I don't like what they've done to PvP. There used to be a lotta pride in ranking up starting with rank 8 then 50 and 60 and 90. In the bad bad old days when you played for your team it took a Guard I had 100K kills to make P50. No gear now. No uniforms. They left us with thousands of useless marks and favor on hand. And the prestige we bled for will not now get you a cup of coffee. I just don't get it. Our money not as good or what?
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

  5. #5
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    the same thing happens on the NA shards.
    the queue system actually encourages such pathetic behaviour. first by putting low ranked/under geared players against high ranked/geared players, leaving the newbies to feel like they are nothing but fodder. secondly by granting a "free win" if you suffer a run of losses.
    with a win all but guaranteed there is zero reason to actually try for a win. players can and do afk for a string of losses then pick up their free win.

    additionally, the "mark player as afk" feature is designed not to be effective. you need 50% of your team to mark an afker before it takes effect. in the current state of the game this is impossible as the afkers/leechers now comprise more than 50% of a team.

    suggestions:
    1. remove the "free win" from the queue system. players should work for their wins. if they suffer repeated losses, they should try to work harder, not be given a free win on a plate.

    2. better matchmaking. a newbie with a below average ELO rank should not be put in the same match with players of a high ELO rank. matching player by players is bad for everybody, good for nobody.

    3. fix the "mark afk" feature so that it only takes one player to mark an afker.

    4. stronger debuffs for afkers. longer duration, deny all currency/gear rewards while debuffed, cant queue any instanced content (both pvp and pve) while debuffed - even as a member of a group.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    37

    Default

    make pm's fight pm's, eliminate the pm group join to the pug wf and vice versa

  7. #7
    Plane Touched jackhammerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Many PVeers from my guild do this just to get marks, they have no problem doing this because they feel forced to pvp, I tell them at least they have progression still doing what they love unlike PVPers... but this falls on deaf ears even though they are guildys they dont give a damm about how bad pvpers got shafted because this still benefits them more than it would ever a pvper. I am the minority now in my guild because all the pvpers quit or dont log on anymore and to my surprise my other guildys who PVE could care less, instead of seeing the unfairness they call names and ridicule the pvpers who got frustrated and left. What people dont understand or just refuse to admit is that this game is stronger when PVPers and PVEers are both happy doing what they want in the game because it makes them spend money unlike thew system now that makes us second guess when we think about making purchases because we are unsure if we want to stay here or not.......sad how a great game got so messed up...

  8. #8
    Plane Touched jackhammerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    210

    Default

    At least a PVEer has a reason to pvp or afk, pvpers may as well not que for a warfront because it takes ten times longer to get gear and no matter what a pvper does he will always be behind the raider who does not give a ****t about pvp anyways......

  9. #9
    Champion Azuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackhammerr View Post
    Many PVeers from my guild do this just to get marks, they have no problem doing this because they feel forced to pvp, .
    PVPers are also "forced" to PVE to progress. The difference is you can't afk, dork out, or hide at Vault while doing dungeons or raids. You will be booted from the group.

    Unfortunately, there is no penalty for being bad in warfronts. So why should they try? Used to get weeklies done in a day or two. Now it takes all week, and a huge amount of frustration.

    I don't mind it when people are new and do their best; it's the apathetic players who don't care and don't try to get better that ruin it for the rest of us.
    ~Belisama

  10. #10
    Plane Touched jackhammerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    I don't like what they've done to PvP. There used to be a lotta pride in ranking up starting with rank 8 then 50 and 60 and 90. In the bad bad old days when you played for your team it took a Guard I had 100K kills to make P50. No gear now. No uniforms. They left us with thousands of useless marks and favor on hand. And the prestige we bled for will not now get you a cup of coffee. I just don't get it. Our money not as good or what?
    Its very clear PVPers do not matter in this game, if we did we would not have had ALL of our progression taken away and being forced to PVE to gear up for PVP clearly giving raiders the advantage. A PVPer has no real reason to log in now because nothing we love doing will progress our toons, it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I think of how much money I have spent on this game only to be pimp slapped and told there is nothing for pvpers left in this game....

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackhammerr View Post
    A PVPer has no real reason to log in now because nothing we love doing will progress our toons,
    So are you saying you can't log in and PvP because you enjoy it? What would you before the combination once you had the highest gear? Would you just quit and wait till an update to change stats? Most likely no, you would keep playing because you enjoy PvP. I know for a fact you enjoy it because you claim yourself to be a PvPer. You guys are honestly over exaggerating what the gear combination actually means. It's not the end of the world.
    /endrant

  12. #12
    Ascendant Wing man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Getting a map you dislike goes a long way towards sucking the will to participate out of a player.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thanvodhal View Post
    So are you saying you can't log in and PvP because you enjoy it? What would you before the combination once you had the highest gear? Would you just quit and wait till an update to change stats? Most likely no, you would keep playing because you enjoy PvP. I know for a fact you enjoy it because you claim yourself to be a PvPer. You guys are honestly over exaggerating what the gear combination actually means. It's not the end of the world.
    /endrant
    you seem to have missed most of the point.
    yes, we enjoy pvp. yes, we would pvp all day just for fun if we could.

    but Trion has other ideas.
    the changes that have been made have gone even further than draining the fun out of pvp, they've gone so far as to make it horribly frustrating and painful to experience.

    I do not enjoy "pwning noobs" when those noobs present no challenge to me what so ever. yet that is what the queue system does.
    I do not enjoy being pwned by elites when I present no challenge to them what so ever. yet this is what the queue system does.
    I do not enjoy being put onto a team where the majority of the players don't want to be there and have no intention of participating. yet this is what pvp has now become.

    lets put the shoe on the other foot for you...
    lets say you can only queue for raids with 5 or less players (no full guild raids). raids are filled by an ingame queue system that mixes premades, duos, trios, and pugs with no association to gear/class/spec. meaning you can get pugs with empty equipment slots, multiple tanks, insufficient heals, bad dps....
    and just in case that wasn't enough of a hindrance...
    at least half the raid is afk. derping off/playing with minions/and who knows what those two female Kelari toons with the bikini costumes and suggestive names are getting up to with emotes in the load in zone...

    would you still raid under those circumstances?
    would you ever actually clear a raid under those circumstances?
    would you even make it past the first mob of trash?
    and would you find it "fun"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Sekirach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    455

    Default

    just a few fast thoughts in addition to all said by other people .

    some of EU players still playing on bloodiron declare themselves as PvPers. and we are proud to be on EU pvp shard playing with honour and respect to others bearing the shard name with pride.

    that means that we do all we can do to gear up and be up to date with gear changes. some pay a lot of cash. some do a lot of runs in dungeons to get the gear,my own guild declares as full PvP but we all do a lot of runs for purple gear daily in experts. just so we can DO the best we can do.

    My personal view is that i couldnt care less if u have the best or worst gear for PvP, skill the same, spec ..there are so many different and still OK ones if you want to contribute....who cares - win some lose some, have loads of fun during...

    but - you have to want to contribute for your team! either by rambo solo mambo jambo or detailed strategy considering 3 pages of spec macros + premade team strategy.

    i can not and want not to join any pve group and say - hey all ! i will now just be there in the corner,and whoever wants can come and join me while we smile and wave to people that will try to earn us marks .

    that hurts my brain!


    to be honest - i could swallow easier if that sort of players can get a certain amount of FREE MARKS and by accepting them just beeing prevented to join any PvP for the week. they would get their marks,maybe less marks than the rest get,but they wouldnt be spoiling the game for others on every step!

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sekirach View Post
    hello all, im Sekirach@Bloodiron, some EU players might know me.

    Im a bit dissapointed that some people click join WF to leach. leach in literate way. its a uprising fashion.

    with 3.0, its done what its done to PvP,game changed,will change in time and all..but it really, really makes me sad not to be able to do anything about a random individual (lately plural) that join WF just to AFK. imagine any raid doing any boss with afk members - makes it less fun no matter how hard you try.





    https://imageshack.com/i/pbEg2jfHj


    idk how much of that SS can you all see - but in Codex a person was openly calling other people to join him at his mark and go AFK together.

    that is just wrong! i know we cant do much about it , and that im barking in the wind, but its still wrong!
    I feel your pain...I just did 3 WFs where 1/3 on my team was afk in each....In one I had a

    healer say that healing hurt his dps too much to heal......Another healer told us until they

    fixed healers he wasn't going to heal. Congrats to the Trion Dev team for another job well done. Yes I realize

    Trion can't make players play....But they can make a game that doesn't encourage this type of behavior.
    Last edited by Numb69; 11-29-2014 at 02:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts