+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Are you happy with gear unification and mystery boxes?

Default Are you happy with gear unification and mystery boxes?

I was just wondering if the remaining PVP community are accepting and happy with the gear unification and making pvp progression gone. I have not logged on for a few weeks now because of my own personal views on this issue in protest and was wondering if PVPers are going to just roll over and PVE for their gear now or just accept they will always be less than a raider in PVP as far as gear. I know many people have left and are angry about these changes but was also curious to hear from those that have stayed how things are going.

To be honest I thought everyone complaining on the forums was over exaggerating. I never play mmorps during the summer it is just a winter thing. I've been back 2 weeks now, and accrued the basic lvl 65 stuff from AH, Cron and NM rifts. The gear differences seen in war fronts and open world is the biggest I've seen being here. It is so bad, manly open world that it can be classified as, why bother type of thing. The WFs, just loose enough matches, drop in rating and gear works again, repeat stupid type of thing, to get some more bad gear. Open world the low dps and lack of healing power just makes the work harder for those who have geared to carry the ones who have not, sorry butts. I really see it on the night mare rifts.

I personally don't like dungeons but I'm lucky enough to be in a nice guild. Like you Jack most of my closer friends have left and I don't think I'll last to long pugging dungeons or asking guildies to waste time carrying me on stuff they worked hard on to pass. Hopefully Trion will say something after the holiday break about future plans. As things stand now the casual part time player has nothing worth while here, at present. Granted my type of player offers little revenue and I'm sure the more serious players will keep the game going for a time to come.
    Corinze@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Xnats View Post
    To be honest I thought everyone complaining on the forums was over exaggerating. I never play mmorps during the summer it is just a winter thing. I've been back 2 weeks now, and accrued the basic lvl 65 stuff from AH, Cron and NM rifts. The gear differences seen in war fronts and open world is the biggest I've seen being here. It is so bad, manly open world that it can be classified as, why bother type of thing. The WFs, just loose enough matches, drop in rating and gear works again, repeat stupid type of thing, to get some more bad gear. Open world the low dps and lack of healing power just makes the work harder for those who have geared to carry the ones who have not, sorry butts. I really see it on the night mare rifts.

I personally don't like dungeons but I'm lucky enough to be in a nice guild. Like you Jack most of my closer friends have left and I don't think I'll last to long pugging dungeons or asking guildies to waste time carrying me on stuff they worked hard on to pass. Hopefully Trion will say something after the holiday break about future plans. As things stand now the casual part time player has nothing worth while here, at present. Granted my type of player offers little revenue and I'm sure the more serious players will keep the game going for a time to come.
    Yeah it seems from what I have read and heard that its as bad as what most have thought it would be if not worse. Sorry to see this happening to the PVP community, there are many good people in rift that pvp that did not deserve to have all their progression taken away only to have PVEers reign king in pvp

in a word, no.
    but we did see it coming
    i'll prolly hang in there a little longer, just to see if changes are made for the better.
    but I really don't expect there to be any changes for the better in any acceptable timeframe.

if changes do happen, it will be too little, too late, and probably only make things worse.

I'm not against mystery boxes such as the warfront marauder boxes.
    but I really am disgusted at the upgrade costs of the gear they drop.
    this in itself is a direct and blatant insult to anyone left in the game that might describe themselves as a PvPer.
    then they compound the insult when the fully upgraded pieces aren't even BiS (not just for pvp, but since its all just gear now, its also not BiS for PvE).

the PvPers never left Rift. they were driven out.
    they were players who wanted to play this game.
    the game is poorer for the lack of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    the PvPers never left Rift. they were driven out.
    they were players who wanted to play this game.
    This applies to many I can think of, myself included.

To answer the question posed by the thread title: No.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Driven out and not quitting is a very good way to put it. File me under that category too. I never intended to quit until I read the details of 3.0. I even trying to convince myself it wasn't as bad as it sounded but, the more legit info that came out, the more I just realized that, yep, this is what they are doing.

I'm not unhappy though, I am enjoying my new games more than I ever imagined. Not to mention it feels good to play games that aren't dumbing me down. Q-live (not new, just have had it on the backburner) I'll always have a grasp at, just played it too long - it's like a bike. Play it for a month straight and I'm closer to where I used to be. But damn some of the USFIV players are just awesome. I've been served harder by some raw skilled street fighters than the corniest matched up WF's. A corny loss is annoying, a loss due to raw skill is respectable. And that roots a lot of my anger in Rift, so many losses could just be chalked up as corny. This even drove me away from the tournaments. I thought for a while it would be fun fights. Nope, just corny heal fests while some goofy spec spam purges the very essence that even gives your toon fighting prowess. The changes were the breaking point of an already poor game state really. Nobody playing USFIV online or Q-live is doing so because of an obligation. They are doing so because they *love* the game. You really can't say that about ever participant inside a Rift dungeon or WF now. Half the people in there are in there because the game structured itself to strong arm you in there. "You don't have to do all our content, but if you don't, the key pivotal reason many play MMOs (character progression) will slower significantly." It's damn near borderline blackmail if you ask me.

So yes, in hindsight, I am glad I was pushed away. Playing games where skill is the undisputed determining factor of the winner and every playing participating is doing so because they love the damn game. Have fun to the remainders in WF's with half a team who throw in the towel and afk at the base @ 200 - 450 in a 1000 point capped game. What a joke. I seen people USFIV who come back, win, and take out a whole life bar after recovering with just a few slivers of HP. People actually TRY. What a novel concept.

What still baffles my never stopping mind is why in the world would Rift do such changes they knew would push people away. I'm not a game designer or genius by a long shot, and even I could read a month before 3.0 hit that this is exactly what would happen. The structure was clear and it simply conflicted with many peoples preferred style of gameplay leading up to 3.0. Sure the devs knew this. Did they jsut do the math and figure it's a trade off worth risking? Who knows, I sure don't.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-28-2014 at 11:52 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

I've been here since Beta...was on the cliff during SL, started slipping when this used to be great game went FTP....and just watched the dynamite(Trion) explode the mountain I was standing on. Now there is nothing left under my feet so I'm going to sprout wings and head to greener pastures.
    What gets me is that Trion did this and didn't even seem to care two bits about us. I DON'T RAID, I don't do dungeons. I pvp, plain and simple. I won't be forced to do it. If I wanted to do it I would go find some other games to do that with. Besides who wants to fight the same damn boss time after time once you figure out the mechanics...or lets play dodge the purple circle for ours...f, that. Once whoever has a brain figures out an AI that reacts how it would if it 'were' real then I 'MIGHT' consider raiding, but that's a big IF. What I mean by that is that see boss...let's go stand fairly close to him while he just sits there....let's huddle up now and make our plans....no we don't have to worry about him...he's sleeping or some other stupid ****. It's been this way forever and I'm sure it's not going to change anytime soon. So with that I won't be raiding or dungeon hopping around wasting my time.
    This has been nothing short of a slap in the face.
    And another thing..not pay to win eh? I call BS on that one. If you have the money and go buy your credits and then get the best pvp gear. I don't have 150+ dollars to spend and the progression time is hideous, and this bolstered up mess? A complete joke.
    I played as much as I can handle. it's not fun anymore, it's nothing but heal fests or absorb queens running around now. People bypassing objectives...even after you tell them. I'm just done. Period.
    I never thought a company that I've done nothing BUT support and talked up about would do something like this to their customers...well, I guess you learn something new everyday. Huh, imagine that.

Thumbs down Poorly executed changes

I took a poll like this in general chat.

For the most part it seem like pve wise people where indifferent about the change. PvP wise it was very common to see discontent from pve'er and pvp'ers. I think everyone is realizing this new 'fair' system isn't so 'fair and balanced' as more information leaks out.

It also seems less inviting to new 65's as more and more 1000+ hits/golden earring are entering the fray.

I'm doing my own exploration of the new system and i'm not impressed. As of tonight I have 2 1000 hit chars. My overall equipment is meh. I have no golden items and only a few of uber runes (although I try to keep all my equipment runed).

My WF experience has been so random. Sometimes I can easily top the charts with dmg/db. Other times I can barely keep 7th place. I have notice one thing and that's magic definitely has an advantage over physical.

My inq or bard/nb has a much easier time topping dps charts. Even more so than my ranger/mm in most cases. I think armor was bolstered so much but armor pen was ignored (underestimated). It shows by how late they updated the ranger/mm debuff armor shot.

You also see 3 or 4+ guys every other match completely blowing EVERYONE out of the water with dps (by absurd numbers). The max/min of the dps totals are atrocious and growing in disparity every day.

65 healing on my cleric is NOT FUN. I know people are complaining about heals being to powerful. I still think they should have just nerfed outgoing heals only. I can't tell you the amount of times I've joined a pug wf and no one want to heal and I don't blame them.

Once you do, you are marked and griefed over and over and over and you can't heal yourself.

People are bursting through my flames of life, absorbs etc. The only time I actually like to heal is when there is already 2+ healers on the team. Other then that it's a death fest as I can't even save myself. This is another thing that's going to get worse as more relic 65 enter the fray.

It's to the point that I go dps on all my chars when I just want to play for fun. I go heals/support when I actually want to win a wf.

One good thing is, support actually seems better in wf, although I don't see people using it but I have a great win record pugging on my 61 bard.

Overall this change was poorly executed and will only get worst for pvp imo.
    Last edited by Talzoor; 11-29-2014 at 02:36 AM.

Rift Disciple

to answer the questions asked for this thread. NO.

Not really. There is no point to doing what I like anymore: PVP... the marauder boxes never drop gear, the couple pieces I got in the first week are missing some stats, the upgrade costs are ridiculous...once you burn your WF charges theres no point to PVP. You dont earn gear or currency or faction.

I've done a couple expert dungeons and SICK gear was dropping like crazy... fine if you like PVE but I can only take small doses.

it's so unbalanced its stupid...I am beginning to understand why people are leaving. Actually, being driven out is a good way of putting it.

I am extremely happy about gear unification.
    I like mystery boxes.

I don't like how it take forever to progress your gear in PvP.
    I don't like how the raid gear isn't bolstered down.

Overall, I love the changes, but hate the way they balanced the rewards.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

It has been a hard way to find out our money was not worth as much to TRION.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Champion of Telara

It's mostly fine. The progression paths are too long and tedious and there isn't enough customization available, but otherwise it's fine.

I honestly think it would have been better for the game if it had driven out most of the so called 'PvP' community. It's mostly a toxic group of people who add nothing to the enjoyment of the game.
    Last edited by Caeus; 11-29-2014 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Driven out and not quitting is a very good way to put it. File me under that category too. I never intended to quit until I read the details of 3.0. I even trying to convince myself it wasn't as bad as it sounded but, the more legit info that came out, the more I just realized that, yep, this is what they are doing.

I'm not unhappy though, I am enjoying my new games more than I ever imagined. Not to mention it feels good to play games that aren't dumbing me down. Q-live (not new, just have had it on the backburner) I'll always have a grasp at, just played it too long - it's like a bike. Play it for a month straight and I'm closer to where I used to be. But damn some of the USFIV players are just awesome. I've been served harder by some raw skilled street fighters than the corniest matched up WF's. A corny loss is annoying, a loss due to raw skill is respectable. And that roots a lot of my anger in Rift, so many losses could just be chalked up as corny. This even drove me away from the tournaments. I thought for a while it would be fun fights. Nope, just corny heal fests while some goofy spec spam purges the very essence that even gives your toon fighting prowess. The changes were the breaking point of an already poor game state really. Nobody playing USFIV online or Q-live is doing so because of an obligation. They are doing so because they *love* the game. You really can't say that about ever participant inside a Rift dungeon or WF now. Half the people in there are in there because the game structured itself to strong arm you in there. "You don't have to do all our content, but if you don't, the key pivotal reason many play MMOs (character progression) will slower significantly." It's damn near borderline blackmail if you ask me.

So yes, in hindsight, I am glad I was pushed away. Playing games where skill is the undisputed determining factor of the winner and every playing participating is doing so because they love the damn game. Have fun to the remainders in WF's with half a team who throw in the towel and afk at the base @ 200 - 450 in a 1000 point capped game. What a joke. I seen people USFIV who come back, win, and take out a whole life bar after recovering with just a few slivers of HP. People actually TRY. What a novel concept.

What still baffles my never stopping mind is why in the world would Rift do such changes they knew would push people away. I'm not a game designer or genius by a long shot, and even I could read a month before 3.0 hit that this is exactly what would happen. The structure was clear and it simply conflicted with many peoples preferred style of gameplay leading up to 3.0. Sure the devs knew this. Did they jsut do the math and figure it's a trade off worth risking? Who knows, I sure don't.
    Glad you are haveing some luck with some new games, I am also in the same boat. I have tried some games I have not played in years and its like playing a new game again and its been a blast. I am regretting leaving the games for rift after what happened to the pvper player base. One thing I am realizing is paying a sub get you a hell of a lot more than rift has ever given its players since it went free to play. It also seems like other companys care about its PVP player base and take its communitys concerns very seriously. All pvpers here ever wanted was to be treated fairly and like respected and valued customers. We did not leave rift, lift left us. PVPers have always played and progressed the same until this last expansion, now we are demonized for being unhappy with everything taken away from us. So in a way its sad so many have left this game but its also an eye opener showing us sometimes the grass is greener on the other side and people will have fun building castles, sending their followers on missions and pvping for pvp gear. I hope these issues with this game are fixed and not staying on the path it is or by this time next year there may not be much of a game left.......

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog21 View Post
    I've been here since Beta...was on the cliff during SL, started slipping when this used to be great game went FTP....and just watched the dynamite(Trion) explode the mountain I was standing on. Now there is nothing left under my feet so I'm going to sprout wings and head to greener pastures.
    What gets me is that Trion did this and didn't even seem to care two bits about us. I DON'T RAID, I don't do dungeons. I pvp, plain and simple. I won't be forced to do it. If I wanted to do it I would go find some other games to do that with. Besides who wants to fight the same damn boss time after time once you figure out the mechanics...or lets play dodge the purple circle for ours...f, that. Once whoever has a brain figures out an AI that reacts how it would if it 'were' real then I 'MIGHT' consider raiding, but that's a big IF. What I mean by that is that see boss...let's go stand fairly close to him while he just sits there....let's huddle up now and make our plans....no we don't have to worry about him...he's sleeping or some other stupid ****. It's been this way forever and I'm sure it's not going to change anytime soon. So with that I won't be raiding or dungeon hopping around wasting my time.
    This has been nothing short of a slap in the face.
    And another thing..not pay to win eh? I call BS on that one. If you have the money and go buy your credits and then get the best pvp gear. I don't have 150+ dollars to spend and the progression time is hideous, and this bolstered up mess? A complete joke.
    I played as much as I can handle. it's not fun anymore, it's nothing but heal fests or absorb queens running around now. People bypassing objectives...even after you tell them. I'm just done. Period.
    I never thought a company that I've done nothing BUT support and talked up about would do something like this to their customers...well, I guess you learn something new everyday. Huh, imagine that.
    It is a slap in the face when a company treats on sect of its players better than another. We were completey written off without a care in the world about us. The new changes have been tried by other games and have been proven many times to be failures and were fixed by the other companys because they did not want to loose players, and the ones that didnt fix it went bust. I have spent tons of time and money on this game and have no plans on doing so again unless PVPers are treated better and progression is brought back. I stuck around as long as I could hoping there would be any sign of change but from what I see there will be nothing, maybe a rng chest giving crappy gear in cq may be in the works which is nothing close to progression. The grass is greener on the other side and its quite refreshing to be treated like a valued and respected customer. Its nice being able to plan out your day PVPing and figuring out how mush you have to play and win to get each piece of gear to progress. Its also fun building towns and castles, having followers doing missions that get you gear, and the biggest thing is PVPING FOR PVP GEAR!!!!!! NO more of this PVE OR RAID FOR GEAR TO PVP........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast