+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Dear Daglar

Prophet of Telara

Default Dear Daglar

First, I want to say I have been playing the game since headstart.

I have been through the crazy ride of up and down balancing and various reconstruction techniques to help deal with the changing player base and unbalance pvp. Some examples as name drops are mercenary system to deal with slower queue, twink debacle from xp locks to valor an vengeance additions.

Now that you know I have been around for awhile I hope you can trust me that when I say something it is based on pure and utter non bias. I want the game to succeed. Nothing I say is to benefit me as an individual level.

When Storm Legion was released, we didn't really have the crowd to encompass both individuality of the Rift restructuring.

The two entities were gated from each other on such a massive level that it was basically 2 games in one. You had on one side of the coin pvp that was gated off from pve progression and on the other side vice versa.

PvP was multiply gated through different currencies, RNG loot, upgrade paths and other less apparent gating such as players themselves gating other players( ex. premades on farm 24/7 in cq, and that was exploited through cq groups able to stack teams for most of SL.) Take note all of this is happening through a roller coaster up and down balancing cycle of sort of FoTM dps with a mixture of potent items becoming outliers like the absorb trinket that if you had it, it potentially outweighed having full relic pvp gear. It gave enough of an increase in TTK to outweigh the advantage of the relic upgrades for specific instances. Those were an encompassing problem.

The other big problem was matchmaking. I won't delve too much with this. I will just point out many times the game chooses to give the premade team more players. Maybe their was a way for them to join in and get stacked with more team mates? It happened way too often in my experience.
    Let us forget about that stuff. I think Trion is done "trying to Fix PvP" at this point. It is pretty much as good as it can get or not being worked on to made better.

The best solution is to retire pvp to a niche that is actually good to take in small doses but if overly done it is bad.

Unfortunately 3.0 did not do this for pvpers or ANY player actually.

Here is an example. The pvp weeklies takes days for me to complete. I have sat through up to 8 hours of it. Keep in mind what we have learned. PvP is not in a good spot yet is it encompassing way more time than expected.

If you are forcing everyone to sit through what they deem as imbalanced, a waste of time, unrewarding etc. for much more time than it takes to complete pve weeklies at the end of the day they are going to see the game as totally broken and unbalanced in general.

It shouldn't take 6-8 hours to complete the pvp kil weekly. That is at the very least 2 times as long at the very best odds to complete any other weekly... and in comparison to some weeklies it is double digit times as long.

What successful things worked for Rift 1.0. Believe it or not. Events! Yes, events have helped to catch up the player base and to unify them in participation on a wide scale. What has killed the events? The immense added grind where you choice of participation is compromised by the time you play. I only can do these set of weeklies because they are engrossing my allot time therefore the events are substantially less rewarding.

I know you want to put a cash grab at every turn each month but in the end the game is going to suffer. You need to give back to the community and to tear down walls so that players do not fall into pockets where the odds are always against them to be successful.

Dreambreaker armor should have been marked geared earned doing pvp. Yes you are right there are some itemizations that arr better than dungeon marks fully upgraded but they require a substantial increase in marks to upgrade. You basically said hey I'll give + 30 sp for 10x the marks in some cases. That is not worth it. Hope you can see it this way. Some pvp gear should be best in slot to some extent with dungeon gear and it should just cost a bit more to upgrade but the acquisition rate should be normalized just like world gear, dungeon gear and raid gear. This is the BIGGEST FLAW I can see and why pvpers are perfectly right all the way to be angry about the gear unification.
    Last edited by Planetx; 11-27-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    Here is an example. The pvp weeklies takes days for me to complete. I have sat through up to 8 hours of it.
    Well, they aren't called "dailies".

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Well, they aren't called "dailies".

And it should take one week of play to do one weekly with no time to complete the other weeklies in the game? Common sense= out the door.
    Last edited by Planetx; 11-27-2014 at 10:22 PM.

He might have a point. The weeklies were designed for players that actually somewhat enjoyed the content... for the content.

Incoming buff to complete instant adventures weekly. From 30 to 300 per week :P

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Incoming buff to complete instant adventures weekly. From 30 to 300 per week :P
    I would actually take that if they reduced cq kill count to 500 and the pvp kill count to 500 and actually gave rep for the instants.

i barely pvp and never have an issue completing the weeklies

fix avoidance first its the single biggest problem with pvp right now

then tone back range dps or buff melee dps/utility

It takes me two days to do all PvP and open world weeklies. Approximately 8 hours in total. The only quests I don't do are any dungeon/raid related.

But why direct this to Daglar? He loves PvE, and anything he does is just going to make things worse.

I see PVP still has not been adressed or fixed. I truly think this is the new normal and there will be no intentions of making things right with the PVP community. I have not played since the second week of the new expansion because of what was done to pvpers,and was hoping things may be changed to make things equal for pvpers and progression was brought back. Oh well the only thing that can be said is its sad to see a game I loved for 3 years become a game I will not log into anymore, and will not spend a dime on till things change......

Prophet of Telara

Back before SL they use to release progressive content at such an overwhelming pace..

You had events that had best in slot essences and you had to be religious with those dailies to get them.

When those events were released they came at the same time that new raids and rep grind was released and new ranked pvp and pve gear was released.

If you wanted to maximize your gains you had to do:
    the event
    the new rep grinds
    maintain the same weeklies and dailies as always
    Also, you had to grind new ranks to stay on top in pvp.
    And do CQ as well for specific rewards like the trinket.

That was a whole lot of things thrown at players at once. For most people it is over their head since they are new and can't see that lowering grind for something like pvp which by the way is the most unrewarding experience in NT would actually be a good thing. Not to mention the most complained about thing.

Trion can offer tons of things to do and if any one of them becomes too overly saturated(pvp grind and cq grind in SL) there will be no point in any additional content because many players would be stuck in the easiest available content to grind.
    Last edited by Planetx; 11-28-2014 at 04:58 PM.

stuff.
    I agree wholeheartedly about the gear needing a fix, the weapons alone are absolutely INSANE to upgrade.... seriously, who decided that was okay?

But as far as weeklies go, I already get all my weeklies done on Wednesday morning, how much easier does it need to be? :/
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

Telaran

They obviously don't have anybody with PvP knowledge on the staff. The mistakes they made with PvP are rookie mistakes that have been made multiple times in many different games.

I'm questioning the whole dev team now as they have made the single worst repeated mistake in history. Forcing players into areas of play they absolutely do not want any part of. The only logical explanation is that they are trying to get low enough numbers to justify closing this game down and putting the resources this game takes into other areas of the company. Call me a liar if you will but if you really sit down and think about it you will realize I speak the truth.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly about the gear needing a fix, the weapons alone are absolutely INSANE to upgrade.... seriously, who decided that was okay?

But as far as weeklies go, I already get all my weeklies done on Wednesday morning, how much easier does it need to be? :/
    "We have those players who have time to play all day long therefore we have to balance around the 5% instead of the 95%. "

You are telling me you complete all weeklies in one morning.
    This includes 30 instant adventures, 1000 kills for warfronts, win all guns for hire, 5 raid rifts, 20 nmr boss kills, 4 world events all in one morning and that this is something that is happening normally for everyone?

It isn't about how easy it is for some of you . You still are missing the point. Most people will NOT say Rift has the best pvp therefore come play Rift for PvP. They will say the opposite.. It doesn't make sense that everyone must play pvp twice as long as pve knowing this fact just to get weeklies done. This thread isn't about what you can and can not do it is about how much wrong the devs are in their decisions at times and bringing that reality to light. It is about how they can fix this without fixing it but actually change the player base to be more openly accepting for new players and pushing different available content in small doses to keep players active instead of partial to one game style. PvP and Rift raiding are destructive to MMOs these days because of how the separation forms only pvpers and only raid loggers.

There is a difference between playing with friends and everyone actually playing with eachother (even if they don't realize it.)

Like others are saying it is almost like they are sabotaging the game and the players have to pay for it.
    Last edited by Planetx; 11-28-2014 at 07:32 PM.

There are tons of people who didn't complete the NM quest line so they don't know about that nmr weekly. That is pretty funny.

You are telling me you complete all weeklies in one morning.
    This includes 30 instant adventures, 1000 kills for warfronts, win all guns for hire, 5 raid rifts, 20 nmr boss kills, 4 world events all in one morning and that this is something that is happening normally for everyone?
    You're considering PvE and PvP the same thing. We dont want to do PvE.

"1000 kills for warfronts, win all guns for hire,"

Only those things. Easily completed in one day. I split it over two and take my time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast