+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Get Rid of Weekly Win

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,270

    Default Get Rid of Weekly Win

    Get rid of this stupid weekly quest! This guns for hire, winning specific warfronts.

    A WIN IS A WIN.

    Your weekly IA doesn't require players to do 5 IA in Stillmore, 5 in Ember Isle, 10 in ....blah blah. You just need to do your IA and it counts.

    Your weekly NM doesn't ask you to kill 5 NM1 bosses, 5 NM2 bosses, 5 NM3.... blah blah. You just do whatever Nightmare Rift and get your kills.

    Your weekly Zone Event doesn't ask you collect 1 Emulsive Tide Core from Terrors event, 1 from Battalion Event and another from... blah blah. You do 4 events and get credit for each.

    Do you notice a pattern?

    So why are you screwing the few PVP players left by making them hate you even more then usual?

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Kartia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Hehe, we have the exact same weekly since 4-5 weeks btw.
    Trion forgot to update something.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Nobody force you to do that weekly. If you want to get rid of it, than simply don't do it.

    That weekly is easy to do for anyone participating casually in PvP. If you call yourself a PvP player, how can you not complete this weekly by simply doing PvP?

    Consider yourself lucky that your random warfronts grant you a chance at getting one of the warfront you need for your weekly.
    Specific queuing versus random warfront with no charges left is the exact same thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kartia View Post
    Hehe, we have the exact same weekly since 4-5 weeks btw.
    Trion forgot to update something.
    This week is Black Garden instead of Library of Runemaster though.
    Last edited by Snap; 11-27-2014 at 07:07 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Nobody force you to do that weekly. If you want to get rid of it, than simply don't do it.
    And in life, nobody forces you to be educated and get a job, so if you don't want it, don't do it (it's like IRL progression!). Because that will totally precipitate your intended results still while maintaining an enjoyable life experience.

    That is basically what it's like telling an MMO player to just simply opt out of a significant progression aspect of the game.

    Though if you ask me, the weekly wasn't that hard if I wanted to get it done. Any week I truly wanted it done, it was done by thursday or friday at worst. Usually wed.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-27-2014 at 10:13 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  5. #5
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    And in life, nobody forces you to be educated and get a job, so if you don't want it, don't do it (it's like IRL progression!). Because that will totally precipitate your intended results still while maintaining an enjoyable life experience.
    A game isn't a job.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched Sinsalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    257

    Default

    You sound PvE.

    I am sorry you do not like PvP, and Trion is forcing you to do it for marks.

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    That weekly is easy to do for anyone participating casually in PvP. If you call yourself a PvP player, how can you not complete this weekly by simply doing PvP?
    I don't. I hate pvp. I do't like pvp and would not pvp for any other reason then for marks. I wish they will completely get rid of pvp in this entire game and it would do me no difference. BUT you know what.... I ask for a QOL improvement for PVP and you have nothing meaningful to offer but saying 'just pvp'. Lets see if these 'real pvpers' want or dislike a change like this.

    PVPers hate having now to do PVE to gain any chance at gaining currency to upgrade their unified gear now. You see forum thread complaints about it. So what do you think when people offer nothing useful to say then 'then don't pve'. But you have no problems saying that when your on the other side. Hello kettle.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    I don't. I hate pvp. I do't like pvp and would not pvp for any other reason then for marks. I wish they will completely get rid of pvp in this entire game and it would do me no difference. BUT you know what.... I ask for a QOL improvement for PVP and you have nothing meaningful to offer but saying 'just pvp'. Lets see if these 'real pvpers' want or dislike a change like this.

    PVPers hate having now to do PVE to gain any chance at gaining currency to upgrade their unified gear now. You see forum thread complaints about it. So what do you think when people offer nothing useful to say then 'then don't pve'. But you have no problems saying that when your on the other side. Hello kettle.
    I want the daily dungeon marks to be earnable by any expert dungeon I do (as in also from level 52 ones )- because I would do them only for the marks and running instanced PvE is running instanced PvE.

    Currently progresswise as a PvE player complaining about being forced to do PvP is laughable. And this has nothing to do with the currency earned.
    Last edited by Tulia; 11-27-2014 at 10:07 PM.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Illuyanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    I don't. I hate pvp. I do't like pvp and would not pvp for any other reason then for marks. I wish they will completely get rid of pvp in this entire game and it would do me no difference. BUT you know what.... I ask for a QOL improvement for PVP and you have nothing meaningful to offer but saying 'just pvp'. Lets see if these 'real pvpers' want or dislike a change like this.

    PVPers hate having now to do PVE to gain any chance at gaining currency to upgrade their unified gear now. You see forum thread complaints about it. So what do you think when people offer nothing useful to say then 'then don't pve'. But you have no problems saying that when your on the other side. Hello kettle.
    Do us all, including you a favor and don't pvp. I'm tired of these people gong afk in warfronts and just jumping when marked afk, people who don't care about strategy or nothng else. people that don't enjoy pvp but they are "forced" to do it for marks. Well, I have news for you mate, specially since 3.0, PvP is based on your overall skill in the game, not your gear and following some scripted mechanics, which, since I do plenty of pve too, I admit is fun and a challenge. But pvp is situational, including the wins and losses. If you're one of those people playing pyro, inq or any "OP spec" with full raid gear and only spamming a macro thinking you'll own everybody (and that's when you dont qq all match long in spawn), trust me, you make people that play for fun have fun and progress, while you'd have more fun by not doing what you don't like. It's a game, not an obligation where you need to be maxed in gear by all means necessary, even if you, and I quote, hate what you need to do to reach that objectve faster than the rest.

    If you don't like pvp, easy: AVOID IT. Just as I tell the many full time pvpers I've found in dungeons complaining all the time and putting out the amazing amount of 9k dps because all they do is rant about marks in party chat.

    Oh, and by the way, that weekly quest has been around since SL. I think it's time for people to start appreciating the effort of that myrmidon that you all laughed about, since from your point of view, you're being forced to do that same effort.
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

  11. #11
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    I don't. I hate pvp. I do't like pvp and would not pvp for any other reason then for marks.
    When Trion recognizes their game houses two such vastly different play styles that parties from each camp feel this way about, and honor pure gameplay in either aspect to reach a toons full potential, they will have a night and day of difference happier player base.

    I say it all the time, I know PvP'ers who despised anything PvE. But then even when I was hardcore raiding competing with Russians, I knew people in my guild who were always down to hard core raid. But to actually get them to do a group zone? haha, yeah right. Unless it was for a quest, for an item, needed for raiding. I knew so many people who were so into raiding even they despised open world content and group zones - and that's a PvE'er not wanting to do certain types of PvE. Half my guild would have surely quit if it entailed them engaging in PvP. Because some out-right HATED it, despite them being phenomenal players. But as I said, this logic goes the same for both parties....but Trion is now pretending that "this is just one game" and ignoring the fact it houses such 2 vastly different play styles.

    It would be like if to progress in a single player game, I had to beat people online. Well, to be honest, some games with online capability I have 0 interest in ever playing them online. I enjoy the single player far more. Some vice versa. I am glad neither force me to do either to get better at the other. Rift does however. They don't seem to get this or are so bull-headed about their content they can't bare to see it un-used by anyone, even if they are kicking and screaming the whole time.

    On a side note....the weekly quest has always been rather fine to someone who dedicates some time to PvP or gets a win streak. But even the most hellish of lose streaks have maybe set me back to completing it by Friday.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-28-2014 at 07:13 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  12. #12
    Shadowlander Feraldira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    I am a PVE-er I admit it, but I don't see any problem with any of the PVP weeklies. (except the conquest ones because Conquest is down and there is no way to complete them) but what ruins pvp for me is not the pvp content itself, but the fact that about every other warfront I join has 1 or 2 afk players waiting for the rest of us to carry them through.

    when that assassin jumps around like a maniac and I cant target him until too late, fine. he has more skill than me he deserves the kill. but when in a group of 12 you are just feeding yourself to the other team because you have 3 afk-jumpers who just move around the entrances when flagged and 5 more that left because they thought it was hopeless. that is when I begin to hate pvp.

    TL;DR the pvp quests are fine, add a vote kick to WF.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    They are probably doing that because they see an imbalance that many don't recognize because they are too ignorant to open up the player tab and see that they are down 2-3 players, the other side has healers and you don't or the other side has stacked premade and you don't.

    Other than that other things cause players to seem like they are afk. Like when I entered a warfront last week someone accused me of being afk and I wasn't even in the match more than 5 mins.

    Trion just decided to throw me into a losing game where we were down 300 and there was no comeback .. the game ended like 5 mins later so I decided not to participate for those 5mins.. Who is more derp, the person who runs into a pack of red when the games a loss or the person who says f it I am not participating in this unbalance and waits it out at spawn? Think about that.
    Last edited by Planetx; 11-29-2014 at 03:52 AM.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Illuyanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    They are probably doing that because they see an imbalance that many don't recognize because they are too ignorant to open up the player tab and see that they are down 2-3 players, the other side has healers and you don't or the other side has stacked premade and you don't.

    Other than that other things cause players to seem like they are afk. Like when I entered a warfront last week someone accused me of being afk and I wasn't even in the match more than 5 mins.

    Trion just decided to throw me into a losing game where we were down 300 and there was no comeback .. the game ended like 5 mins later so I decided not to participate for those 5mins.. Who is more derp, the person who runs into a pack of red when the games a loss or the person who says f it I am not participating in this unbalance and waits it out at spawn? Think about that.
    When the other team has healers and yours dont, you might aswell open the tab to check, and switch to heals. It's kind of understandable if the f2p rogue and warriors don't, but I've seen a group full of mages and clerics never go healer. Hell, i've seen players that play phys a lot don't switch from dps to phys.
    I used to never play chloro in wfs, but it seems that since 3.0 (If you're not getting focused by the whole other group) you can put out pretty decent heals and keep alive most of your group. If you have the roles, use them people.
    Illuyanka@Greybriar-Mage
    Ixxtab@Greybriar-Rogue
    Mets@Greybriar-Cleric
    Antaikolon@Greybriar-Warrior
    CODE FOR FREE STUFF FOR NEWBIES: PRR9NF2PG2NXQ77KDDJQ

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    141

    Default

    As someone who just got into PvP, I tend to agree with the OP. On balance, I haven't been playing long enough to know how WFs were prior to 3.0, but I can say solo queuing can be a hair pulling experience. Not just because of the afk-ers and bad players, but because queue times for Scion, and some of the others, can run longer than I'm willing to wait to actually play the game.

    My suggestion would be to up the number of wins and remove the specific WF requirement. "Win 15 (or 20) War Fronts" would be perfectly acceptable for a weekly, and easy enough for people that want to PvP.

    Trion just decided to throw me into a losing game where we were down 300 and there was no comeback .. the game ended like 5 mins later so I decided not to participate for those 5mins.
    I actually found myself doing that yesterday. I even almost felt bad about it. I really don't want to be "that guy" that all the PvPers complain about - the johnny-come-lately PvEer that runs around clueless. I really do try to do my best, completely the goals, win the match, and try to motivate others to do the same. But when the rest of the group completely ignores objectives, won't heal, won't focus target despite me marking and calling, there's not much else to do but run the match out and hope for a better one next time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts