+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Meduza

Thread: The red ball

Default The red ball

I think it's time this thing got a buff.

150 spell power is not even worth grabbing nowadays

Can we change this to a dmg/healing % buff again?

Not 100% or whatever it was originally but maybe 20-30% or so would be neat.

Meduza@Deepwood - [YouTube]

Ascendant

The original doubled spell and attack power.

Agreed though, it needs some form of scaling, just not that high. 10% spellpower, attack power/weapon damage would probably be in line(slightly weaker than flaring power), flat numbers that haven't scaled since 60 is ehhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    flat numbers that haven't scaled since 60 is ehhhh.
    They haven't scaled since 50!!! IIRC

Meduza@Deepwood - [YouTube]

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Meduza View Post
    They haven't scaled since 50!!! IIRC
    Is it still stacked towards physical classes(240 ap vs 120 SP) been awhile since I really bothered looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Is it still stacked towards physical classes(240 ap vs 120 SP) been awhile since I really bothered looking at it.
    IIRC, the reasoning for it giving more AP than SP is because SP coefficients are (in theory) higher, due to rogues and warriors also getting a hefty chunk of their damage from WD (as opposed to casters, who just get a bunch of extra SP on their weapons).

I have no idea if twice as much AP is anywhere near what it should be, though.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    IIRC, the reasoning for it giving more AP than SP is because SP coefficients are (in theory) higher, due to rogues and warriors also getting a hefty chunk of their damage from WD (as opposed to casters, who just get a bunch of extra SP on their weapons).

I have no idea if twice as much AP is anywhere near what it should be, though.
    Pretty sure that once weapon damage is converted (5 ap per 1 weapon DPs), AP and SP pools are roughly equal, so the unequal red ball never really made sense. Ratios could play a part, but those aren't even consistent across specs anyways (RB vs para for example)

If you use % based items, they last forever, but need to stay in check because their power actually increases as progression goes.

If you use static numbers, it just takes a few tiers of progression to start making them worthless and in need of an upgrade.

It's not much different than gear, this was pretty much how I remembered gearing for raiding. New items with static numbers were on point, but easily replaced. Meanwhile high end raiders are still using dark orb of the mind 3 expansions later because it has a long proc that just slaps a solid 10% damage boost on it. It was awesome when it came out, and actually more awesome 2 expansions later.

I'm sure devs are well aware of this math. That ball needed a boost long ago - probably when you had PvP granted procs laying down like 80+cp or whatever, more powerful runes, add it all up and it's been needing a buff for a while.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I mostly grab the red ball because it gives a size increase that stacks with bogling souprise, Halifax's ginormous suppository, champ beserker buff, and pve anti planar buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I mostly grab the red ball because it gives a size increase that stacks with bogling souprise, Halifax's ginormous suppository, champ beserker buff, and pve anti planar buff.
    I always saw the Red Ball like Red Bull...it gives you wings .
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread