+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Necrotic Core Exploit

Rift Disciple

Default Necrotic Core Exploit

A single rogue with RS/Phys/Tact spec can prevent the entire opposite team from ever caping codex.

Fix this Trion. Now. It's an exploit and you know it. Make cores targetable and destroyable.

Prophet of Telara

Explain why it is exploit? Do you have team full of inq and pyros whom for some reason forgot how to use their purge against flashback spec? or are you having problems stunning later to stop the dmg from core?
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr View Post
    A single rogue with RS/Phys/Tact spec can prevent the entire opposite team from ever caping codex.

Fix this Trion. Now. It's an exploit and you know it. Make cores targetable and destroyable.
    I think I just lost brain cells reading this.

Is using a Necrotic Core to shut down an objective in a warfront cheesy, annoying and stupid? Yes.

Is it an exploit? No.

I think you should look up the definition of the word exploit, because it does not apply here.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by -Shiva- View Post
    I think I just lost brain cells reading this.

Is using a Necrotic Core to shut down an objective in a warfront cheesy, annoying and stupid? Yes.

Is it an exploit? No.

I think you should look up the definition of the word exploit, because it does not apply here.

It's a broken mechanic that shouldn't work that way. Using it = exploit. This is not a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr View Post
    It's a broken mechanic that shouldn't work that way. Using it = exploit. This is not a discussion.
    You're right it isn't a discussion because you are flat out wrong.

There is nothing broken, there is nothing being exploited. The power works exactly how the Devs designed it to work.

You may not like that, and want to get it changed, which is fine, but using the wrong words in an inflammatory manner doesn't help your cause.

haha i love the rogues who defend this

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNinja View Post
    haha i love the rogues who defend this
    I'm not defending it, I think it's stupid. I just know it isn't an exploit. There is a difference.
    Last edited by -Shiva-; 11-22-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Inb4 invisible Necrotic Core.

Quote Originally Posted by -shiva- View Post
    i'm not defending it, i think it's stupid. I just know it isn't an exploit. There is a difference.
    quack quack quack
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    quack quack quack
    Necrotic Core is a ground target aoe. ATM I can't think of a gtaoe that doesn't interrupt point captures. Flame Wall, Circle of Oblivion, Fire Storm, so on and so forth. It is not an exploit.

The fact that it is a 30 second duration set and forget though makes it total cheese. As I have suggested before the fairest option is to make only targeted abilities interrupt objective captures.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    quack quack quack
    Your quack like a duck implication is completely wrong.

There is nothing being exploited. A rogue who rides up to Scope in Codex and puts down a Necrotic Core is not exploiting anything. There are no rules being broken, nor are they abusing glitches in the game's code. They are using the power exactly how the Dev team designed it.

Now if a Pyro rode up to Scope in Codex and found a way to hide themselves in the rock right there, where they could use their GTAoE without being able to be targeted and not be affected in any way? Now that would be an exploit.

Your quack, quack, quack doesn't hold up bcause in the examples above only the latter is a duck.

The easiest fix for the Dev team is to make NC invulnerable in PvE, and give it hit points in PvP so it can be destroyed.

I get that people think it's cheesy, I used to think so to back when I played, but to call it an exploit just makes you look stupid, because it isn't.
    Last edited by -Shiva-; 11-22-2014 at 11:42 PM.

Cheesy? Beyond belief.

Exploit? You keep using that word....

If you guys think that is an exploit, then I could tell you stories that would make you think I'm Houdini.

People even using the concept of the word wrong. You can "exploit" an ability and that doesn't neccesarily mean it is a true game exploit. At best, if you want to use that word, it's exploiting the cheesy potential for a poor thought out design. No tricky loops are being jumped through and mechanics are not being twisted in a non-intended way. AoE damage has always blocked caps. This is just probably the worse one.

I'm still boggled why it's all of a sudden an issue. As I said in another thread. You can only do what everyone has been complaining about for, I don't know, mid 2013?
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-23-2014 at 12:13 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+

Which is why I say people are short sighted if they want this ability nerfed and ignore the fact of how cheesy it is period that AoE's disrupt caps. Think ahead guys. Wave your magic wand and make necrotic core not interrupt. Then you'll just have people do the same thing except with Chemical Bomb to a degree. The issue is not necrotic core. The issue is the flawed concept that any ounce of splash damage auto interrupts an objective interaction. And that has proven first hand why it is cheesy.

This game has no hope. People can't heal. People can't DPS. People don't know the difference between cheating and out-side the box thinking. People make garbage macros. People think the things that matter are probably some of the most meaningless aspects of PvP (pointless numbers with 0 context). I mean, holy crap this game is hopeless for PvP and players are such a large part to blame.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-23-2014 at 12:17 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Call it whatever you want, but it needs to be nerfed as soon as possible.

Prophet of Telara

All they have to do is change the cd to be longer than the actual duration. It can be a slight nerf in dps but that can be made up with a slight bump in the damage with the change. You can still maintain the same aspect of it but it would be much more difficult to pull off if they increased the cd to be 5 secs longer than the actual duration. It wouldn't be a "nerf" in that case just like those complaining it isn't an "exploited" mechanic since the dps would be unchanged, just the application. However teammates can still use it and chain it so you still have that to worry about.
    Last edited by Planetx; 11-23-2014 at 02:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast