+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rogue Beacons in PVP

Default Rogue Beacons in PVP

They need to be target-able and have a set hp.

a single rogue hybrid can keep a point from being taken the entire match by placing down beacon that aoe around them that can not be damaged, can be re cast every 15 seconds and last for 30 seconds.

These need some kind of pvp nerf or any map with control points will be overrun with this new spec.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

Or have necrotic core damage changed so that it doesn't interrupt objective capping.
    Depart@Deepwood

let me guess next you game ask trion to reduce in half all specs except the one you play mainly?

each class has its unique advantage, so live with it. If any class needs to be nerfed a little its pyros rogue are good as they are

ps: im not playing rogue hybrid right now

Quote Originally Posted by brincas View Post
    let me guess next you game ask trion to reduce in half all specs except the one you play mainly?

each class has its unique advantage, so live with it. If any class needs to be nerfed a little its pyros rogue are good as they are

ps: im not playing rogue hybrid right now
    One class / one player should not be able to hold a control point the entire match. The beacons are an oversight and need to be corrected.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

Quote Originally Posted by IllusiveEQ View Post
    One class / one player should not be able to hold a control point the entire match. The beacons are an oversight and need to be corrected.
    I'd agree with this.

It can get worse too when you get a player who specifically sets out to troll. Riftstalker with memory capture and necrotic core for example.

My solution would be to have it disappear when the rogue dies (I assume it does now, but who knows.) And more importantly, if the rogue moves beyond 20 meters of the core, the core should disappear.

That would stop them from trolling you by porting away and then coming back at full health, and would allow pulls to put an end to it as well.

I wonder how hard that would be to code.
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 11-16-2014 at 12:57 PM.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post

I wonder how hard that would be to code.
    http://eq2.xanadu-community.com/images/items/2265.png

Why can't that concept just be relayed into you only get interrupted when interacting with an objective when the damage is direct (ie, you are the target of the attacker, not the recipient of their splash aoe damage).

SoE made it work with AoE immunity. All it would have to say is objective interaction is canceled in the event direct damage is taken. Why can't objective interaction be AoE immune? It would sure put a stop to a plethora of corny abilities that just throw a brick wall up at an entire team trying to even use an objective while still leaving room for personal precision to stop someone.

I did it myself too when I played. Throw BD AoEs on a Black Garden pile, drop necrotic cores at cap points, go 61rs and maintain your dinky passive AoE ticking while being an incredibly hard target to take down heaven forbid you get healed. The change I suggested would kill every trace of that non-sense in its tracks. If someone is running with a football, you tackle the dude with the football. Not some guy next to him. The world would certainly be easier though if any tackle within a 10 meter radius of a football runner caused a whistle to blow and stop the play. Infact, it's like it would take almost all the skill out of it...or something.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-16-2014 at 01:23 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

They need to be target-able and have a set hp.

a single rogue hybrid can keep a point from being taken the entire match by placing down beacon that aoe around them that can not be damaged, can be re cast every 15 seconds and last for 30 seconds.

These need some kind of pvp nerf or any map with control points will be overrun with this new spec.
    its not new. I've run 61 phys with points in tact for this exact reason. but the more people make qq threads the more people will run it lol
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 11-16-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Rift Chaser

Damage increased.

Pretty much any tank class can do the same.

it's pretty broken. could easily hold two points in a black garden with 61rs/necrotic core and memory capture with like one healer. not really interested in wasting people's time like that though since it's kind of a ****ty thing to do.
    Last edited by ecru; 11-16-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    it's pretty broken. could easily hold two points in a black garden with 61rs/necrotic core and memory capture with like one healer. not really interested in wasting people's time like that though since it's kind of a ****ty thing to do.
    So basically the kind of thing 75% of the Rogue player base would be thrilled to do.

there is not even a discussion here, Necrotic Core = to op since release when it comes down to hold objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Pretty much any tank class can do the same.
    Thing is, a tank isnt doing enything else, just ****ing ppl up. But a healer holding 1 objective facetanking and healing the raid is just to strong.
    Last edited by R3db4ss; 11-16-2014 at 02:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

AoE spamming objectives is dumb enough. I just saw this guy with like 115k hp drop a core on codex and run laps down and around the mountain over and over. Rift pvp is good.

One healer does it and can do it against 3 players... Healer can throw peanut shells at you and interrupt you capping the point!

1 Rogue dropping a silly Necrotic core is hardly an issue aoe the area and catch the rogue sneaking in and kill him, that can't be said about 1 healer though...

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    One day we will go play QL and remember what true PvP is together.

1 v 1 ts?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast