Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Are you listening, developers? It's me, the entire PVP community

Default Are you listening, developers? It's me, the entire PVP community

Perhaps posing questions for developers might prove to be more productive.

1. Do you take into account at all your PVP community and their wishes?

2. What was the objective of a nerf to healing that allows a single DPS player to burn down a single healer?

3. MMOs are designed to have healers, tanks, and damage alike. If you are taking this from PVP, why not take it from raiding and make 20 DPS specs hit a boss and try to kill it before it kills you?

4. How do you justify the weakness of the gear that drops from the PVP boxes, even at max upgrade?

5. What is your reasoning for forcing PVPers to PVE in order to be competitive in their favorite area of play?

6. Did you change inquistor to a burst spec to avoid facing the problem of pyro burst?

7. Do you have an explanation to warrior PVPers who have been dedicated subscribers for years?

8. Can you name a viable warfront melee build?

9. Are you going to acknowledge the random misses that Ecru has mentioned a number of times?

10. Are you able to deduce as to why every warfront is made up of 10 inquisitors, 7 pyros, and 3 rangers?

11. Did you all roll mages at release and never look back?

12. How can you justify carrying runes that kill you almost as fast as pyro burst being a warfront objective while healing has been made ineffective and obsolete?

13. Who was PVP progression harming and how?

14. I saw a defiler in a warfront the other day. Did you forget to remove Unstable Transformation?

Feel free to post more questions as I am sure I forgot some...
    <WisheeWashee>

15. Why is Ghar Station a prettier and bigger version of Library of the Runemasters?

16. Why do you hide behind semantics when your community calls you out for lying about one thing or the other?

17. Did you intend to unleash an actual nightmare on your players?

18. Are you prepared to lose more players as you inevitably disregard these questions and watch WoW grab another hundred thousand subs?

Quote Originally Posted by totoole234 View Post
    9. Are you going to acknowledge the random misses that Ecru has mentioned a number of times?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Hit will no longer have any affect vs players.
    the random misses Ecru has been crying about is intentional, and is more of a return to what pvp was like before storm legion.
    looking at your join date, this is something you should have some experience with.

kids these days don't know how good they had it in storm legion. back in my day we had to pvp barefoot in the snow. uphill. both ways!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    the random misses Ecru has been crying about is intentional, and is more of a return to what pvp was like before storm legion.
    I was pushing for hit/focus on PvP items back in mid 2012 trying to get equality with the PvE crowd. Funny reading some of those old threads and the same comments are still valid today.
    Last edited by Baramos; 11-03-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Healing is only a problem for bad healers that want to facetank.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Syeleva View Post
    No, just ****ing no.
    Devaak@Seastone <The Cult> Server First Dreambreaker. Because I am that damn good.
    Nixium the Prestigious@Seastone Mage is hard, lessons plz

Plane Touched

1. Sure. We listened to all 1 of you and that's how we determined these changes.

2. No one healed anyway.

3. Good idea. We'll pass this on to the developers.

4. RNG is RNG.

5. We want you to experience the entire game.

6. Pyro has burst? No one told us.

7. Define "subscribers".

8. Yeah - melee.

9. We don't see this happening in our tests.

10. Sure. 10 + 7 + 3 = 20.

11. Why else would they be the king of the hill?

12. You need to sneak up quietly on the mage and DPS him before he can burst you.

13. It took way too many resources to make a fork in PvE and PvP in NT, so we combined them. Opps, we mean it's better for everyone.

14. We're working on removing Defiler's from the game. Maybe next patch.

Shield of Telara

and is more of a return to what pvp was like before storm legion.
    kids these days don't know how good they had it in storm legion. back in my day we had to pvp barefoot in the snow. uphill. both ways!
    I actually liked pvp before SL. I personally think it has been going downhill shortly before SL came out. When they started forcing players to use more 61 point specs (51 specs shortly prior to SL). You lost a lot of uniqueness with specs. Back then you might have to ask someone what their spec was since so many people played with so different versions and created their own mix and matches. Now you can look at someones buffs and tell exactly what they are running, 95% of the time it's 61 something or another.
    Last edited by Manasha; 11-03-2014 at 07:19 PM.

looking at your join date, this is something you should have some experience with.

random misses and resists are intentional? i'd like to hear that from a dev rather than someone who is just being a contrarian child on the internet because reasons.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    random misses and resists are intentional? i'd like to hear that from a dev rather than someone who is just being a contrarian child on the internet because reasons.
    if you click on the little >> arrows next to Daglar's name in the quote I posted above it will take you too his post.
    you can confirm for yourself that he actually did say that hit would have no effect vs players.
    the misses/dodges/resists you are seeing is a direct result of not having any hit in effect in pvp.

I am not trying to be contrary. if you look further in that thread you'll see my response to Daglar's reply. you'll see I actually wanted defensive stats to regain their place in pvp. I want players to miss. I want players to resist attacks. I want players to dodge attacks. I want to be able to spec and gear for avoidance.
    if anything, the current change does not go far enough. as it stands right now, unless you are a rogue you cant spec/gear for enough dodge to make it matter. speccing/gearing for block isn't the same, because block isn't avoidance and doesn't effect magical attacks at all (and mages/clerics make up 75% of the players and 95% of the damage in pvp right now).

P.S. and if you search back through that thread you'll see the questions Daglar was answering were mine too. I seemed to be the only one in that thread looking for ways to make pvp work instead of simply being mad about the 3.0 changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    I actually liked pvp before SL. I personally think it has been going downhill shortly before SL came out. When they started forcing players to use more 61 point specs (51 specs shortly prior to SL). You lost a lot of uniqueness with specs. Back then you might have to ask someone what their spec was since so many people played with so different versions and created their own mix and matches. Now you can look at someones buffs and tell exactly what they are running, 95% of the time it's 61 something or another.
    40vk 32para 4lib. Still dominates, especially pyros and inq
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Syeleva View Post
    I rate my effectiveness by healing done vs how much healing i received for the most part. Unless of course labeled 1 and completely focused with derpy teammates who cant peel.

Despite this heals are bad. You cant keep someone up vs one dps even if completely positioned correctly and never focused. You then rely on the dps you are healing to win the game for you.

About 75% of matches (that i end up winning) where i healed and we are losing, Ive switched to dps and thats what made the difference. Not healing the whole team with numbers in the millions; not saving thst one guy. Going dps and killing the enemy is what was more effective. This so much so that ill heal less then 10% of matches. I used to heal 50-60% of matches.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 11-03-2014 at 11:48 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1780 View Post
    5. We want you to experience the entire game.
    Because forcing people to do something they detest is a good business strategy.

If my ability to play the content I want to .. PVE .. was gated by a requirement to PVP I'd simply stop paying my subs and move on, I'm sure many PVPers have probably done the same.
    Last edited by Kerin; 11-03-2014 at 11:49 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by oddiescell View Post
    40vk 32para 4lib. Still dominates, especially pyros and inq
    Pretty much with heals so low wfs are either a complete dps zerg or duel specs.

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    15. Why is Ghar Station a prettier and bigger version of Library of the Runemasters?

16. Why do you hide behind semantics when your community calls you out for lying about one thing or the other?

17. Did you intend to unleash an actual nightmare on your players?

18. Are you prepared to lose more players as you inevitably disregard these questions and watch WoW grab another hundred thousand subs?
    And WoW thanks the rift dev teams' stubbornness, carry on the awesome work....
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast