+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Potential Solutions

Ascendant

1. Address heals since this affects a lot of players including all healers and melee. Address lightly with small changes.
    2. Address out of line souls in pvp. Pyro, inq, ranger, NB outshine everything else. Addressing means lowering these in pvp vs. boosting random FOTM souls. We want other souls viable and not a pain to play since the other obvious souls are so much better.

Then again to address anything you have to actually care or have intent to work on it. I'm not seeing intent.

Its truly going to the point where pvp exists and changes completely on the whim of pve changes. They at least used to address larger pvp outliers after a time. All I'm seeing is silence. Can't build a house or fix it if no one is working on it. 0 workers.

Champion

Why not just have nice loot in Pvp as well? The more prestige your victim has, the nicer loot he drops for you. Or is that to simple?

Why do you need solutions? pvp is the best it has ever been.

Removing conquest was the best development decision in the history of rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdol View Post
    The easiest solution to the problem of gear in PvP is to reduce the bolster ceiling on gear to Epic 125 hit gear.
    NO

Stop... everyone just stop "begging" for changes that lessen the jackedupedness of an already jacked up situation.

The easiest solution is revert/eliminate gear unification and the laziness of a "blanket" heal nerf. It will be the only way they'll get access to a portion of my income again.

Calling it gear unification is a lie. It is obviously a one sided venture with the PvE community coming out ahead in every way.

A blanket healing nerf was a lazy approach to an existing problem. The outcome has crippled several souls and alienated a portion of the player base.

There should be only two questions posed to those responsible for this fiasco.

1. Was someone holding a gun to your head while you were coding?
    2. When are you going to apologize and fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Syeleva View Post
    Why do you need solutions? pvp is the best it has ever been.

Removing conquest was the best development decision in the history of rift.
    If gear gained from PvP stays the way it is now? A lot of you will be singing a different tune.

Yes, yes, we can outplay gear differences but why should we accept being guests in our own homes?
    Last edited by ConclusionTheFirst; 11-03-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wylwrk View Post
    NO

The easiest solution is revert/eliminate gear unification and the laziness of a "blanket" heal nerf. It will be the only way they'll get access to a portion of my income again.
    That isn't the easiest though, that would take quite a bit of resources to make happen. It might be your ideal fix but ideal and easy are two different monsters. The absolute easiest is what Gamdol suggested by moving the reverse bolster ceiling down. I am sure the healing situation is being monitored and will be adjusted when enough data is looked it.
    Last edited by Baramos; 11-03-2014 at 07:45 AM.

We could just restore our old system and this would solve all problems. Keeping PVP and PVe separate has always worked for a reason.......

I know this, to keep forcing PVPers to PVE to earn gear is not going to work, also PVEers having any sort of advantage in pvp will not work. PVPers want to earn ALL their gear through PVP including BIS. If Trion cannot give us fair progression kinda like our old system it will not work, rng chests for gear is not the answer either. The only thing that seems to be the solution is to revert back to vengence and Valor system allowing us to earn all our gear including Bis through PVP then PVEers will not whine about it. Seems the old system was a hell of a lot better than we had all immagined. Hopefully Trion will actually see all the unhappy customers, see many people have left, and are willing to make a meaningful change, not throw another mystery rng chest at us, we want PROGRESSION THROUGH PVP
    Last edited by jackhammerr; 11-03-2014 at 08:04 AM.

Default Trion's ultimate fix!

I'd just like to remind everyone. The pvp vs pve armor is a fairly big issue. To look at it in a comprehensive aspect, you have remember it doesn't just extend to warfronts and bolstering. You also have to remember world pvp / CQ pvp / rift pvp (if they bring that back) and any other pvp that may arise in the future.

Allowing pve BiS items/rep for pvp activities would most likely make the raiders mad and with the recent faeblight fiasco I doubt Trion wants to piss anyone else anytime soon.

Without rolling everything back to pre-3.0 state. The only solution I can see is. Some kind of fix involving prestige.

I think by having prestige tiers act as vengeance might even out the total pvp situation more properly.

This would entail: Enabling prestige rank to effect the amount of stats you can use from your characters items in pvp.

For example: If a player gains a high prestige rank of lets say 120 but he is only able to attain green/blue armor from pvp. He can still use that armor to compete with raid tier armor people. In WF AND world pvp / conquest pvp / pvp rifts / etc.

The bolster would act as a handicap which means if a T2+ Raider got 120 prestige rank it wouldn't boost him/her any further. It would only boost people who had sub par armor (but spent their time diligently grinding prestige) and the boost would only apply to pvp activities.

This would also put prestige potions & WF charges in high demand which would be good for business. People would actually care more about the prestige boost they got from a daily win rather then the 1plat/blue armor they received from a box.

Using this method a player could grind prestige from lvl 1 till lvl 65 (and beyond) and still remain competitive in pvp WITHOUT having to exclusively rely on raiding or nmr grinding for gear.

I feel. This method is very inclusive and would be fair (actually advantageous) to both pve/pvpers.
    Last edited by Talzoor; 11-03-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Ideally they should allow Warfront and Expert Dungeon charges to be used for either a dungeon or a WF.
    I like this, have 14 charges, 6 bonus ones for patrons. You being able to pick a dungeon or a wf for your charges.

Think someone said using favor or marks to convert into new currency. I think that would be good to cancel out currency that people got from raids or an uber gear/weapon piece that would give someone at an insta ceiling piece.

I am totally fine with their new gear system. The only issue I have with it is that people who only pvp are at a disadvantage against pvpers/pvers as far as gear progression is concerned. I don't like that prestige is meaningless. But I will be willing to compromise on that issue if they fix the main issue. I also think they should revamp the rewards with prestige lvls. Maybe give costume pieces and minions for hitting certain lvls. I can careless about titles.
    Last edited by Manasha; 11-03-2014 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    That isn't the easiest though, that would take quite a bit of resources to make happen. It might be your ideal fix but ideal and easy are two different monsters. The absolute easiest is what Gamdol suggested by moving the reverse bolster ceiling down. I am sure the healing situation is being monitored and will be adjusted when enough data is looked it.
    I've grown to trust your recommendations so, I will concede.
    However, I will do so only on one condition.

Let's bring back tar and feathering.

Regardless of it's barbaric nature, I feel it aptly serves as punishment for these crimes against the PvP community.

Ascendant

Upon reaching 1000 hit, PvP weekly quests(and only the weekly quests, to simulate lockouts) drop a chest that contains 300 raid marks and a 1:20 chance of a random raid level item for your class. Weapons have half the droprate of other items until the current raid tier is cleared.

When CQ is reactivated, that'll effectively give pvpers four "raid boss" kills of the current tier, per week. At a rate slightly better than most early tier pugs.
    Last edited by Caldern; 11-03-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wylwrk View Post
    I've grown to trust your recommendations so, I will concede.
    It is hard to give recommendations because I try to keep them within the vision and direction that Trion is taking us while keeping resource management in mind. While I think the Devs might entertain some of our suggestions for certain aspects of Rift, they aren't going to drastically change anything by revamping the whole system like some players are asking for.

Time and money are limited so while some ideas would be awesome to implement, they just aren't going to happen from a business standpoint. Making the most amount of people happy while using the least amount of resources is never an easy feat.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jackhammerr View Post
    We could just restore our old system and this would solve all problems. Keeping PVP and PVe separate has always worked for a reason.......
    Really? I remember the whining and call for revolt when they introduced separate gear.

Maybe PVP and PVE needs to be mingled even more? New maps/areas/continents that have large PVP zones. Make them part of storyline quests.

Maybe they should introduce deathmatch as well? Not team vs team, but everybody vs everybody?

And yes PVP should be a rewarding thing to do again.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    It is hard to give recommendations because I try to keep them within the vision and direction that Trion is taking us while keeping resource management in mind. While I think the Devs might entertain some of our suggestions for certain aspects of Rift, they aren't going to drastically change anything by revamping the whole system like some players are asking for.

Time and money are limited so while some ideas would be awesome to implement, they just aren't going to happen from a business standpoint. Making the most amount of people happy while using the least amount of resources is never an easy feat.
    Indeed, people are thinking way too big. We haven't even gotten Trion to acknowledge these problems, so people looking for sweeping changes are really wasting their breath. Solutions, by definition, are about what can viably be implemented. That's why I suggested simply replicating the existing gear, gating it behind Prestige ranks, and capping weekly Prestige gain. It doesn't change the overall system: PvErs could still use their PvE gear for PvP, and PvPers for PvE, but PvPers and PvErs would have separate paths for obtaining that gear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast