+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: I want my subscription money back

Rift Disciple

Default I want my subscription money back

I play PvP--not CQ, basements nor swimming around--I play PvP and that's all I play. Since PvP is dead, the contract is void and I want my money back.

-CQ is dead and that's a good thing, though.-

Not sure if serious.

You heard the man; PvP is dead.

That's why I still recognize plenty of names in my warfronts and 98% of my matches have been competitive(they fixed matchmaking in case anyone even wants to acknowledge that).

Dead, dead, deyead.

Champion of Telara

I feel like the PvP forum has become a first world problems meme.

wait did it died?

Rift Disciple

Yeah, I'm serious, but RIFT has a no refund policy. Mark it down as the last time I give Trion money.

Wait, you are a hard core PvPer and you play Rift? Seriously?

Dude, in case you just came back after not playing Rift for 5 years, Rift ISN'T a hard core PvP game. It's PvP light for people who are secretly care bears but want to pretend they are l33t PvPers.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Rift Disciple

um yeah? I've a rather full life outside, so an hour or so a day is a huge commitment. When that investment, as small as it's to you, is jerked from me, I tend to react. BADLY.

It was bad enough to try to upgrade Myrmm gear, but now Myrmm gear is crap compared to the PvE gear in the wf.

And I broke a personal rule in answering a forum rats.................helluva bad day, all in all.
    Last edited by Baald; 10-26-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Can you still do warfronts? Yes?
    Well then... PvP is not dead.
    Look pretty lively to me actually.

Honestly, the only two things that happened is:
    1. The gear as been reset due to the expansion (This always happens in every MMORPG when an expansion hit! So don't look so surprised!)
    2. The gap between high end and low end gear when PvPing as been reduced by an extremely major amount.

Using mathematics, we can calculate that the change #2 increased the amount of skills required to perform well in PvP from 0 to 423 bananas.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    You heard the man; PvP is dead.

That's why I still recognize plenty of names in my warfronts and 98% of my matches have been competitive(they fixed matchmaking in case anyone even wants to acknowledge that).

Dead, dead, deyead.
    PMs still PuG stomping?
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 10-27-2014 at 02:58 AM.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Champion of Telara

That's part of the problem I think, now that healers can be killed and gear is evened out PMs need to apply more than minimal effort and skill to roll PuGs. Can't farm as easily, the sky is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Proclus_Lycaeus View Post
    Wait, you are a hard core PvPer and you play Rift? Seriously?

Dude, in case you just came back after not playing Rift for 5 years, Rift ISN'T a hard core PvP game. It's PvP light for people who are secretly care bears but want to pretend they are l33t PvPers.
    I am a hardcore PvPer but that doesn't necessarily mean that Rift is a hardcore PvP game. I have met people who are hardcore checker players and hardcore pokemon players but that doesn't make those games hardcore (in before someone says they are).

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Can you still do warfronts? Yes?
    Well then... PvP is not dead.
    Look pretty lively to me actually.

Honestly, the only two things that happened is:
    1. The gear as been reset due to the expansion (This always happens in every MMORPG when an expansion hit! So don't look so surprised!)
    2. The gap between high end and low end gear when PvPing as been reduced by an extremely major amount.

Using mathematics, we can calculate that the change #2 increased the amount of skills required to perform well in PvP from 0 to 423 bananas.
    Post of the day ^

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    That's part of the problem I think, now that healers can be killed and gear is evened out PMs need to apply more than minimal effort and skill to roll PuGs. Can't farm as easily, the sky is falling.
    Explain to me how teams now having 0 people that can heal through any sort of focus fire makes things harder for premade groups that are coordinating focus fire. My feeble mind is no match for your superior logic.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Explain to me how teams now having 0 people that can heal through any sort of focus fire makes things harder for premade groups that are coordinating focus fire. My feeble mind is no match for your superior logic.
    Hahaha at the idea that PMs were mostly winning through focus fire and not focus healing. The PMs with the skill to coordinate FF on targets were a tiny portion of the derp spam healing ones that polluted WFs for months. I have no doubt that many of them will adjust over time to actually using FF. Healing just took buttons, FF actually takes brain cells.

This patch is separating the men from the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Hahaha at the idea that PMs were mostly winning through focus fire and not focus healing. The PMs with the skill to coordinate FF on targets were a tiny portion of the derp spam healing ones that polluted WFs for months. I have no doubt that many of them will adjust over time to actually using FF. Healing just took buttons, FF actually takes brain cells.

This patch is separating the men from the boys.
    Oh, okay I see why our perception of what makes premade stomps frustrating differs. You're not worth killing so you don't get the triple-DPS First Blood ***-pounding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast