+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Rift 3.0 PVP = fail

Quote Originally Posted by manasponge View Post
    3 years and 7 months ago I joined Rift...I had joined because of the PVP - (yes there have been lots of ups and downs through these years in PVP (still not a fan of perma stuns))...But, there was always a distinct difference between PVP players and PVE players...This difference was important to us PVP folks who did NOT do the PVE content or dungeons, raids etc... (simply zero fun)

Our gear defined us in our class...now you take away my rare drop orange tiered myrmidon gear totally runed too , along with my max valor and ven (2157) and I am nothing but a standard player.... a PVE player?

I logged in to test it out - I am now a one hit splat..are you kidding me....

So now I guess I supposed to say thank you Trion for the wonderful improvements ???

The new expansion is appley titled (Nightmare)...

PS - I have been a subscriber for the duration ...
    Took you 3 years and 7 months to figure out Rift =/= PvP?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by manasponge View Post
    3 years and 7 months ago I joined Rift...I had joined because of the PVP - (yes there have been lots of ups and downs through these years in PVP (still not a fan of perma stuns))...But, there was always a distinct difference between PVP players and PVE players...This difference was important to us PVP folks who did NOT do the PVE content or dungeons, raids etc... (simply zero fun)

Our gear defined us in our class...now you take away my rare drop orange tiered myrmidon gear totally runed too , along with my max valor and ven (2157) and I am nothing but a standard player.... a PVE player?

I logged in to test it out - I am now a one hit splat..are you kidding me....

So now I guess I supposed to say thank you Trion for the wonderful improvements ???

The new expansion is appley titled (Nightmare)...

PS - I have been a subscriber for the duration ...

I couldn't disagree more. My gear didn't define me to the point that once I had full Myrmidon gear on a character I leveled up another of the same class (I think progression and leveling is fun) and prove every day that 80% damage reduction in PvP and the miniscule difference among PvP gear tiers completely allow skill to far outweigh gear. The EU CQ PM elitists like to think it's important to have r90's zerging around CQ but my Freelancer characters playing in place of my original Myrmidon's in warfronts prove every day that gear is just something that makes Rift PvPers think they are better than players with lower gear so they don't have to measure their ego by skill. I do play my r90's once in a while when I notice they have 7 random daily warfront quests but I play my start-over Freelancer characters most, even watching my liberator outheal the others the majority of the time. Focus on your spec and skill instead of relying on Trion to make you feel set apart or better than others.

Soulwalker PvP Forum Hashtag Master's Avatar

#Rift #NoPvP #Hate #Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PvP Forum Hashtag Master View Post
    #Rift #NoPvP #Hate #Forums
    I must consult the oracle.

Oh mighty oracle.... waffles or pancakes?

Soulwalker

PvE is also shaping out to be a disappointment when Majority of the "TESTING" already took place on PTS...First week news 2/4 ROF 2/5 Mount Sharax Killed

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    NEW YORK CITY??!!!! <scoff>
    whats the story on the Russian soldier who either has no eyes or is profoundly stoned in your avatar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Soulwalker

Default What Trion doesn't understand.

Hi Trion, do you know WHY companies like Frito-Lay are so successful?
    It's because they co-brand.
    If the multi-national chip company only sold Lay's chips, their sells wouldn't be through the ceiling.
    Why do I talk about this? because you guys are planning on destroying one major aspect of your game; PVP. Without this aspect, you guys are going to lose sales.

Tough luck, the Hot Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmom View Post
    If the multi-national chip company only sold Lay's chips, their sells wouldn't be through the ceiling.
    Why do I talk about this? because you guys are planning on destroying one major aspect of your game; PVP. Without this aspect, you guys are going to lose sales.

Tough luck, the Hot Mom
    Just ... wow ...
    "When the last tree is cut, the last fish is caught, and the last river is polluted; when to breathe the air is sickening, you will realize, too late, that wealth is not in bank accounts and that you canít eat money."

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmom View Post

Tough luck, the Hot Mom
    The multi-national company PepsiCo is responsible for the following brands (among others) :

Pepsi

Mountain Dew

Lay's potato chips

Gatorade

Diet Pepsi

Tropicana beverages

7 Up (outside U.S.)

Doritos tortilla chips

Lipton teas (PepsiCo/Unilever partnership)

Quaker foods and snacks

Cheetos

Mirinda

Ruffles potato chips

Aquafina bottled water

Pepsi Max

Tostitos tortilla chips

Sierra Mist

Fritos corn chips

Walkers potato crisps

Interesting analogy btw
    Last edited by Avind; 10-22-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

Default pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    They are just continuing their forced content rather you like it or not. Just as the quote in my signature, a shows. Not sure what anyone expected from them, by now.
    God guys stop whining about pvp who really cares. Grab your tissues wipe your eyes and *** and move on instead of acting like babies

Should be interesting to see if the doomsayers stick around or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    Should be interesting to see if the doomsayers stick around or not.
    I imagine almost every single one will stay when they realize it isn't as bad as they think it is. If it does indeed end up as bad as they think it is the dev team will obviously be keeping an eye on everything and making adjustments as needed.

So as a warrior Rift 3.0 PVP is A BIG FAIL. I don't think i will be playing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jegodin View Post
    So as a warrior Rift 3.0 PVP is A BIG FAIL. I don't think i will be playing anymore.
    Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!

You know what isn't fail? Figuring out how to land this move flawlessly everytime. The bad-assery is off the charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXCIpFtRa-c

SCREAM IN PAIN
    NIGHTMARE BOOSTER
    THIS PLACE SHALL BECOME YOUR GRAVE

I don't think all the Rift accolades equate to a fraction of the badassery in those lines.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast