+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 78
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: When will MMO developers learn that invisibility is a stupid ability?

  1. #46
    Ascendant Lords0fpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    I also believe that invisibility and the lowest common denominator form of game attracts HAS to be a large money maker for Trion. It's really the only explanation for the preferential treatment stealthers have received since release.
    If ppl have not figured the cash grab, that trion is getting associated with trions name, now...they probably never will.

    Every time new souls come out, rogues are the only consistently OPed. Other class take turns...lol.
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 10-20-2014 at 05:52 AM.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

    ~Daglar

  2. #47
    Rift Master ConclusionTheFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    If ppl have not figured the cash grab, that trion is getting associated with trions name, now...they probably never will.

    Every time new souls come out, rogues are the only consistently OPed. Other class take turns...lol.
    Part of the reason I am having so much trouble playing my rogue; I cannot credibly play Rift's rogue when I played a WoW one since mid TBC. The difference is night and day, one is melee that can and will be kited to hell on equal terms if he makes a single mistake. The other can take half your hp inside of the opener and finish you from range.

    That and the ocean of yellow names at 60 and pre-60.
    Last edited by ConclusionTheFirst; 10-20-2014 at 06:01 AM.

  3. #48
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    If ppl have not figured the cash grab, that trion is getting associated with trions name, now...they probably never will.

    Every time new souls come out, rogues are the only consistently OPed. Other class take turns...lol.
    And look where tactician is now.

  4. #49
    Champion of Telara Arcshayde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hectyr View Post
    LOL @ "bads crying about stealth..."

    Stealth is THE primary utility designed to enable "bads" to compete with others.

    Allows them to select or avoid a conflict, and with "Slip Away" allows them to disengage when they've initiated a conflict with a superior opponent.

    Bladedancer provides a viable dps melee option for rogue players, but it seems to be the least utilized soul for that class.

    Why is that?

    It doesn't have stealth.
    A mediocre pyro can 100-0 a sin in full myrm from range, during stun duration and currently most spells are ignoring slip away. There's a reason pyro's and not sins are topping every dps and kb chart in the game, stealth is a bad straw man argument for poor kiting.

    Bladedancer is a joke without a pockethealer and so is Marks, rogues use stealth because it makes them viable and not free kb's.
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 10-20-2014 at 07:07 AM.
    Shayde@Seastone

  5. #50
    Champion of Telara Arcshayde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNinja View Post
    this is such a load of crap ecru, come one man. stealth is the most important melee tool in the game, by far. the fact that you say charging in is the same thing is laughable. idk about you but i would prefer to not have my target know im coming, be in melee range when they do, and be behind them to get a few extra attacks before they do anything.

    having stealth is a huge advantage in every map, and even more so on domination maps. if recon pots didnt exist i would say it wouldnt be as big as an advantage but they do so its even more glaring. stealth gives me more enjoyment as a solo que because i can avoid the zerg and pick of weak players when we are getting blown out. it lets me avoid the tab, and most importantly it lets me pick who i want to fight with the ability to slip away when i get outplayed.

    its not even up for debate how much of an advantage stealth is compared to other melee abilities.

    that being said stealth is fine, minus slip away/hv combo. also if u are dying to sins as inq you should quit the game
    In Rift ranged burst offers a greater advantage imo because you're essentially choosing when to open and when to withdraw more easily than stealth. Stealth is a one-trick pony, you can't attack a group with it reliably without dying, whereas you can burst a single target in the group from range and not die. Look at the start of every Whitefall, it's like 18th century warfare with everyone just charging into artillery and getting mowed down.
    Shayde@Seastone

  6. #51
    Ascendant Lords0fpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    And look where tactician is now.
    After how many soul packs were sold, first?
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

    ~Daglar

  7. #52
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    I know EXACTLY what you mean... turning away so your target is a few degrees short of 180.

    thanks for the suggestions for dealing with sins, i'll try it next time.
    I used to do it on my inq all the time, but in any kiting situation it works, to include healing. Very simple yet valuable tool, especially if you have speed boosts. Some souls i play i do this to build up attack points, then unleash finishers on players chasing me who think im running away. It all depends on the enemy and if their soul does more ranged or melee dps then mine.

    Good luck.

  8. #53
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    lol wow rogues have weaknesses just like in rift. purge ruins sins and nb. they also suck in group fights after they have used up their two stealth openers. stunlock was invented in wow not rift
    Pure NB is better then most give credit for even out of stealth, depends how you macro, your subsoul capabilities, and if you know what to use to conserve energy while building AP points.

    Agreed though that its burst is tied too closely to cds though, still, ive killed very good healers solo despite not killing them on the initial burst, indicating its sustained isnt exactly horrible.

    Purge does ruin the souls which is why i wished they either had more masking buffs.

    Sometimes playing Nb i am cc focused more then when healing, to include perma doms, tanks pulling, and disabilities ip the wazoo-all to keep me off their running healer. Its a great soul really.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 10-20-2014 at 12:08 PM.

  9. #54
    Rift Master GreatWhiteNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    In Rift ranged burst offers a greater advantage imo because you're essentially choosing when to open and when to withdraw more easily than stealth. Stealth is a one-trick pony, you can't attack a group with it reliably without dying, whereas you can burst a single target in the group from range and not die. Look at the start of every Whitefall, it's like 18th century warfare with everyone just charging into artillery and getting mowed down.
    Yea you prove my point though. I agree with range being superior on all melee except stealth because you eliminate their advantage by opening up in melee never allowing them to keep range.

  10. #55
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Except in most warfronts, once you're bout of stealth you're surrounded by 10 enemies on certain maps).

  11. #56
    Rift Master GreatWhiteNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Except in most warfronts, once you're bout of stealth you're surrounded by 10 enemies on certain maps).
    They only map range trumps stealth is white fall zerg.

    There is also no nap stealth is not a huge advantage over regular melee

  12. #57
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNinja View Post
    They only map range trumps stealth is white fall zerg.

    There is also no nap stealth is not a huge advantage over regular melee
    Any map where you would have to carry/hold a stone/rune you are also at a disadvantage since ToD and SA would cause you to drop it. So you lose out on cloak and dagger.

  13. #58
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hectyr View Post
    Bladedancer provides a viable dps melee option for rogue players, but it seems to be the least utilized soul for that class.

    Why is that?

    It doesn't have stealth.
    bd isn't viable at all and is probably the most unreliable dps soul in the game because of rng and the way the dances work. it has an absolutely abysmral crit rate (<10% in pvp) but relies on crits to kill anything. you can get a lucky string of crits and 3-4 shot someone with fated blades up, and then get none and take 4-5 times as long to kill the same person becausse you have a different dance and didn't get a single crit. big numbers just don't happen often enough with bd unless you have fated blades up.

    and your aoe is only good with your best single target dances, lol.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  14. #59
    Soulwalker PvP Forum Hashtag Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    18

    Default

    #SlipAway10SecCD #BuffRog

  15. #60
    Rift Master GreatWhiteNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Any map where you would have to carry/hold a stone/rune you are also at a disadvantage since ToD and SA would cause you to drop it. So you lose out on cloak and dagger.
    i mean why are you holding a stone as a sin instead of other souls??

    i know rogues want to down play stealth but its been the most notable thing since switching from warrior as an advantage in pvp especially solo que and especially domination maps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts