+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: So... 57% healing nerf inc in 3.0 ?

Plane Touched

Default So... 57% healing nerf inc in 3.0 ?

Hi All

To my understanding there is a 57% healing nerf inc in 3.0 while at the same time peoples hit points are going to be much bigger so the fights will last a lot longer. I could be wrong though since I do not play on the PTS.

Just wanted to see what you all think of these changes personally I have a mixed bunch of thoughts on the subject and in no particular order, they are as follows:

1. Right now heals are OP as **** and as the devs stated play too much of a deciding role in outcome of matches. I agree with this completely.

2. I originally started playing phys and chloro exactly and precisely because it is OP as ****, as mentioned above so they definitely need to be toned down.

3. DPS is more fun to play, so now I can play more for pure fun rather then for hard contribution to the team.

4. I think 57% is too much though and will swing the pendulum in the opposite direction way too far. As Trion stated the numbers are subject to adjustment depending on what happens, but still, I think in 3.0 anyone that is currently capable of putting some real pressure on a healer will just simply completely dominate without healers having any chance at all. That is too large of a segment of the population.

5. Only the pure healing specs and some tank or tank hybrid specs are currently OP. However, the pure support specs or tank specs without self sustain are not OP. They are in fact quite the underdogs.

6. The 57% nerf to healing will make playing a 61 point Bard or Archon or other support even worse then it is now, as these guys are already having a difficult time. They do not have the DPS or mitigation to fall back on, also throw some tank specs in there.

So I am concerned for the support roles, I do not play one, tried but just not my playstyle, as they are just not my "cup-o-tea" but I kill many, many of them and they are the easiest targets for me by leaps and bounds. Only once in a great great while do I run into one that gives me trouble, and thats when they are hybrids, not 61 pointers.

I am also wondering if this will lead to too much homoginazation of raid comps, thus an overall longterm boring experience because now there will be little reason not to be DPS.

Your thoughts ?

3.0 masteries will provide players with several options for self-heals, especially the level 61 mastery that provides a HoT based upon your endurance. The level 65 mastery provides a 3s channel. You will lose some dps by speccing into these heals but if you're in a 1v1 or 1v2 situation, outlasting your opponent(s) is more important than killing them quickly.

Champion of Telara

I get more than a splash or two of healing in maybe 1/3 of WFs while often trying to manage spam and chain healed DPS in PMs, so I am looking forward to it a lot.

Sounds like they are listening after all?
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    3.0 masteries will provide players with several options for self-heals, especially the level 61 mastery that provides a HoT based upon your endurance. The level 65 mastery provides a 3s channel. You will lose some dps by speccing into these heals but if you're in a 1v1 or 1v2 situation, outlasting your opponent(s) is more important than killing them quickly.
    everyone/player get this mastery?then i do not see it helping in a 1vs 1 or 1 vs 2 situation,when everyone has it.blanket nerfs are never good,devs should take there time and adjust what needs to be adjusted,no blanket nerf everything.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    ,devs should take there time and adjust what needs to be adjusted.
    should/but probably wont.

I would take the blanket nerf over nothing.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

What they should do is just but a uncleansable debuff that reduces healing done by those team members everytime another healer joins the team. It doesnt have to be a linear stack either.

That way one healer in a group where no one else can go heals, isn't a hopeless situation, but a group with 10 healers is appropriately nerfed. Thus groups may choose to optimize their balance of healers, by keeping at that sweet spot with a variety of healers.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 10-17-2014 at 07:17 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    everyone/player get this mastery?then i do not see it helping in a 1vs 1 or 1 vs 2 situation,when everyone has it.blanket nerfs are never good,devs should take there time and adjust what needs to be adjusted,no blanket nerf everything.
    Yeah, everyone has access to it.

I can already paragon them now; 3.0 will be amazing for burst dps everywhere!

Champion of Telara

Inquistor boost + Healing Nerf + Warlord Nerf

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    What they should do is just but a uncleansable debuff that reduces healing done by those team members everytime another healer joins the team. It doesnt have to be a linear stack either.

That way one healer in a group where no one else can go heals, isn't a hopeless situation, but a group with 10 healers is appropriately nerfed. Thus groups may choose to optimize their balance of healers, by keeping at that sweet spot with a variety of healers.
    Since the games are built around objectives I would put a growing stack of heal debuff centered on objectives. Retroactively they already have damage debuffs from singular point wfs (black garden), so the idea is already there. Every X seconds this flag/shard throws out a 25 meter aoe heal debuff, lowering heals by 5%. Stacks 5 times or something. Uncleansable. Stacks drop off ten seconds outside of a heal debuff area. The longer you zerg on one objective the worse your heals get. In this way people would be encouraged to roam around and pure heal groups would be even more affected since all of them would get the debuff.

I like your idea but I dont because you are penalized for other healers, even the terrible ones, plus then dps could just roll over you if your team had more worthless healers and most healers would just quit or go dps (why heal when the contribution is so low). With objective based aoe heal debuff its your choice to stand in the aoe area or move out and move on.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 10-19-2014 at 12:01 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Another idea for nerfing crosshealing would be to put a passive in the tree at 16 points (so 61 dps builds with 15 pts in healing spec would not be affected) that would reduce incoming heals from other players by 20%-30%.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Prophet of Telara

They won't know until people start complaining. In my opinion I think I won't notice any difference or the difference won't last that long because adaptation will happen fast. Liberators were always bad choices most of the time and Mage can go Dom which is arguably better than chloro for deflecting burst damage through CC. Then you still have puri, defiler, and physicians which seem to be doing okay on the PTS. And that is versus the best geared players, most will not be able to get to that level anytime soon.

Edit: the only reason it may be bad is because of mastery. Player base will have to get to 65 first and then a long period of testing at the max level to determine what needs to be done.
    Last edited by Planetx; 10-19-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Champion of Telara

They are obviously trying to rewrite the baseline so they can stop the endless tweaking of DPS and Heals. I hope it works, remember how much it sucked when they boosted healing then immediately afterwards released Physician? Things didn't get better until DPS started getting into relic gear and by then the dynamics in PvP had completely changed.

The bigger hit point pool gives everyone better natural survivability and mitigates burst, allowing for a theoretically more even handling of DPS and Heals in general. Will it work? Who knows, we'll see when a significant portion of the population hits 65 and spends 1,000,000 man hours theorycrafting and min/maxing all of the combos of specs/masteries/ and equipment.

I think it would be cool to see a few more debuff specs a bit like Dom. That way there are more ways to counter multiple healers aside from trying to burst them down. Warriors are lacking some pvp specs going into 3.0, maybe add a heal debuff into one of the souls.

Leave healing powerful but give us maybe 1 or 2 more ways to counter it. That's my opinion, but I think we should see how the game plays with a larger hp pool.

The bigger HP pool should change how healing works. I think players die more often because they go down too fast to be targeted in time, and less often because the healer didn't have the healing output needed to keep the player up.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast