+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Lords0fpain
  • 1 Post By OriaXu
  • 1 Post By OriaXu

Thread: Bring Back PvP Zone events and PvP Rifts

Shadowlander

Default Bring Back PvP Zone events and PvP Rifts

Hey, can we please get the old PvP rifts and PvP zone events back for 3.0?

I dont understand why they got left out in SL, the rifts were a bit boring yes, but i really liked the zone events.
    Since world pvp is completely dead in Rift that might bring back some fun to the pvp community (..even tho you are trying to kill pvp in 3.0 it seems by removing all gear etc)

Quote Originally Posted by OriaXu View Post
    Since world pvp is completely dead in Rift that might bring back some fun to the pvp community (..even tho you are trying to kill pvp in 3.0 it seems by removing all gear etc)
    While I agree and would love more events to bring people out of the cities, the new gear changes will help promote world pvp more than hurt it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    While I agree and would love more events to bring people out of the cities, the new gear changes will help promote world pvp more than hurt it.
    Yea that might be true, since in WFs you get the flat pvp gear buff if you are not in pvp gear, the only "dangerous" place to be in pvp without gear is in open world.

I did a pvp event in Stillmoor a few days ago, that reminded me how fun these were, i like pvp events and Rifts more than WFs.

Rift Chaser

Well, you could still do the rifts. Generally speaking, the rift level will always be max level, because of people leveling up. I don't know how much favor or prestige you'd get from them, but if you're bored go ahead.

If they make the currency dropped from them scale / enough in 3.0, people might just do them more.

Yea that might be true, since in WFs you get the flat pvp gear buff if you are not in pvp gear, the only "dangerous" place to be in pvp without gear is in open world.
    Exactly. I have ~10v1 in the open world multiple times because people don't have PvP gear and with the gear changes in Nightmare Tide that won't happen again. If people know they have a shot at fighting back instead of getting 2-4 shot they will go out and about more often outside the cities for questing, doing rifts, rep grinds, exploration, gathering and who knows what else.
    Last edited by Baramos; 10-15-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    While I agree and would love to see more events to bring people out of the cities, the new gear changes will help promote world pvp more than hurt it.
    Since gear is not bolstered in open world, believe it will hurt more than help...maybe in the beginning it would help it. as peeps get geared, it will fade. Again, only benefits raiders, now.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Since gear is not bolstered in open world, believe it will hurt more than help...maybe in the beginning it would help it. as peeps get geared, it will fade. Again, only benefits raiders, now.
    When it comes to combat right now, the gap in the open world between a pvp geared player with valor compared to the other ~90% of people in pve gear without valor is light years beyond any stat gap that raiders will have from nonraiders in 3.0. Time will tell I guess but I am content with the changes from an open world point of view.

Even though I know I won't have the best gear possible in the open world, I would rather have less stats with more people in the open world in 3.0 than 2-4 shotting the few people that actually go out now.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    I agree.
    Also removing pvp gear (stats) is a huge step backwards for the pvp community. I love raiding, but once progress is done, what keeps you going? the farm!
    Same goes for pvp, what keeps you doing them dailies and weeklies? not the fun of losing WFs cuz of braindead afk noobs.. its the farm for Rank and gear.

Removing the pvp gear is gonna make ppl pvp even less...

So brining back the Rifts and events might be the best idead to keep some pvp up,

Quote Originally Posted by Kickn4fun
    Well, you could still do the rifts. Generally speaking,
    True but the point of doing the pvp rifts where the quests.. its hard to get ppl out of TB without a quest giving them shinies^^

Ascendant

I agree.
    Also removing pvp gear (stats) is a huge step backwards for the pvp community. I love raiding, but once progress is done, what keeps you going? the farm!
    Same goes for pvp, what keeps you doing them dailies and weeklies? not the fun of losing WFs cuz of braindead afk noobs.. its the farm for Rank and gear.

Removing the pvp gear is gonna make ppl pvp even less...
    So once you are max gear and rank in the current system, what do you PvP for?

At some point there has to be a goal other than a carrot.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post

At some point there has to be a goal other than a carrot.
    yea its called competition and trion doesnt provide it

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Trolling!
    /10char

Lookin' for some top models. Anyone know where I can find them?

Soulwalker

Raiders will own OWPVP so why bother?
    Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    EVERY MMO IS ABOUT VIRTUAL GEAR! PVE AND PVP both want to be equally rewarded for their efforts. It has squat to do with skill or whatever else nonsense you are blathering about.
    BADWHISKEY- NO SKILL BAD WARLORD, CRUTCHING ON PA AND RUNES, MIXED FL/WL GEAR P7X

Rift Chaser

Would it be possible for Trion to "bolster" T1 raid gear downward for any PvP-flagged player in the open world (not just in Warfronts)?

That would easily fix the "OP raider in open-world PvP" thing.

The only real alternative is to put in a method of earning Raid-level currency through PvP. Ideally tournaments or ranked matches would be the way to do this, as these things are basically "endgame content" for PvPers (something that is missing in RIFT).
    Last edited by ginc; 10-17-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

+ Reply to Thread