+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 183
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Why Rift PvP died.

  1. #91
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Might want to cite a few things before you go full Toxic

  2. #92
    Ascendant Landstalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Generic Player View Post
    I remember you. For one reason, you had the most offensive and vile post I ever read in this forum. One I wouldn't offend the majority of people by getting any where near quoting. I'm surprised you weren't permanently banned for it. Don't let the door hit you on the a** on your way out and f**k you and the horse you rode in on.
    I do not recall Brawling posting anything of the sort.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

  3. #93
    Rift Master GreatWhiteNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brawlingcelt View Post
    Might want to cite a few things before you go full Toxic
    He was talking about the op

  4. #94
    Prophet of Telara Kaelani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,137

    Default PvP and PvE cannot effectively coexist

    This really isn't a "Trion" issue...
    I've seen this over and over in every MMO I've ever played.
    At its root, are the basic personality types of the gamers themselves.
    I'd suggest that the PvP mindset is quite different than the PvE mindset.

    PvPers tend to want control over their own game experience.
    They don't want to have to rely on others for their success.
    Lone wolves and solo artists, they want builds where they can do everything all by themselves.
    A tanky DPS with self healing? ...perfect.

    Conversely, it seems like PvEers WANT TO be forced to rely on each other.
    They seem to push for healers who only heal, DPS that only DPS, and Tanks that only Tank.
    Builds that can "do it all by themselves" are often frowned upon by PvEers.
    They prefer to min-max to a specific function, be it heals, DPS, tank, or support.

    With PvP and PvE, you can tune a game for one or the other... but you'll never satisfy both communities in the same game at the same time. Eventually a game manufacturer has got to choose which community to satisfy.

    I've never seen PvP win that fight yet.
    PvE always seems to beat out PvP.
    Last edited by Kaelani; 10-09-2014 at 11:51 AM.

  5. #95
    Rift Master LeCreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    682

    Default

    MMOs all start out as fun games and then degenerate into ego battles. Once the ego battles become the main competition then it's really only fun for trolls. That's kind of where Rift has been for a while now.

    The big issue I'm having with Rift 3.0 is that it looks like we'll be able to buy (with real money) gear with pretty good stats on day-one. I can afford to do this and and probably would, completely bypassing any limit on tokens that regular players will have. Forget time-investment, there won't even be a time-investment period. Bottom tier cash shop gear is significantly better than current relic PvP gear. I could level to 65 in a day and then run around stomping flagged players like bugs for weeks and weeks.

    Here's the dilemma...I'm not that kind of person in real life and my moral compass won't let me do this. But I'm sure plenty of players will, so I feel for anybody running around on Seastone. World PvP is why I play any MMOs and 3.0 effectively ends that chapter of Rift I'm afraid.

  6. #96
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Too bad everyone left. They finally nerfed debilitating poison on PTS, no longer a passive proc (now an active ability, 30 sec c/d, lasts 10s).
    Well, better late than never.

    Except in this case not really, because who the **** is going to PvP anymore? lol

    Quote Originally Posted by LeCreaux View Post
    MMOs all start out as fun games and then degenerate into ego battles. Once the ego battles become the main competition then it's really only fun for trolls. That's kind of where Rift has been for a while now.

    The big issue I'm having with Rift 3.0 is that it looks like we'll be able to buy (with real money) gear with pretty good stats on day-one. I can afford to do this and and probably would, completely bypassing any limit on tokens that regular players will have. Forget time-investment, there won't even be a time-investment period. Bottom tier cash shop gear is significantly better than current relic PvP gear. I could level to 65 in a day and then run around stomping flagged players like bugs for weeks and weeks.

    Here's the dilemma...I'm not that kind of person in real life and my moral compass won't let me do this. But I'm sure plenty of players will, so I feel for anybody running around on Seastone. World PvP is why I play any MMOs and 3.0 effectively ends that chapter of Rift I'm afraid.
    But what's the fun of PvPing if there's actually competition?!
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 10-09-2014 at 01:24 PM.

  7. #97
    Ascendant Lords0fpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    This will be the day Rift died.
    Funny you use this song, as I have many time pictured daglar screaming "love it or leave it" as crusie did in "Born on the 4th of July"....

    The other thing I think of is (for you old school wrestling fans), is Eric Bishoff. Watch the "Rise and Fall of WcW" and you may see it too.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

    ~Daglar

  8. #98
    Rift Master ConclusionTheFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Funny you use this song, as I have many time pictured daglar screaming "love it or leave it" as crusie did in "Born on the 4th of July"....

    The other thing I think of is (for you old school wrestling fans), is Eric Bishoff. Watch the "Rise and Fall of WcW" and you may see it too.
    I was thinking more "The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Carebears".

  9. #99
    Plane Touched jackhammerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Rift PVP died because they chose to not respect their PVP player base and decided they did not need our currency. FOr some reason Trion thinks they know bettr than us what we will like and dont like forcing us to PVE for PVP gear.........Forcing players to do content they dislike means cancelled patrons, means less people playing, means long que in warfronts, means many players will not ever come back once these changes happen. Paying customers want to feel respected and valued and Trion has singled out the PVP community and threw them in the garbage.

  10. #100
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackhammerr View Post
    Rift PVP died because they chose to not respect their PVP player base and decided they did not need our currency. FOr some reason Trion thinks they know bettr than us what we will like and dont like forcing us to PVE for PVP gear.........Forcing players to do content they dislike means cancelled patrons, means less people playing, means long que in warfronts, means many players will not ever come back once these changes happen. Paying customers want to feel respected and valued and Trion has singled out the PVP community and threw them in the garbage.
    New guy, this is what they do on launch of the xpacs in this joint. Old guys, quit being dramatic, you know this, you did this. This did not and will not kill rift pvp, it died at ftp and the old guys know it so it's really going to be funny when I quote this thread in three months as they bemoan the next sky is falling event and they are still playing.

  11. #101
    Telaran Rantank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    83

    Default

    PVP guilds don't seem to be holding up very well. People are either leaving the game or else they're bailing to PVE guilds so they can get their raid gear.

    What's left of a game when so many people you knew and played with are fragmented or gone altogether?
    Defiant - Vaarko Rekelen Karice Draycos . Guardian - Rigney Reccen Washee Khrelan

  12. #102
    Plane Touched jackhammerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    New guy, this is what they do on launch of the xpacs in this joint. Old guys, quit being dramatic, you know this, you did this. This did not and will not kill rift pvp, it died at ftp and the old guys know it so it's really going to be funny when I quote this thread in three months as they bemoan the next sky is falling event and they are still playing.
    I know they do gear resets when new exp packs come out, but to get rid of all pvp gear, progression and make you PVE in order to remain competitive is not respecting the PVP community which wants to only PVP to earn gear, items, weapons, runes, essences. Ranks should mean something its part of our progression, and we should never have to PVE in any way to obtain BIS gear for PVP or any other gear........Other games do not do this to their PVP community, other games keep the PVP progression and keep PVPers doing what they love and thats PVP and only PVP.....

  13. #103
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    What's meaningful in a game where people change their names like underware? Afk or lemming walk their way to p90 in WFs? Ride a storm of AE noise to free rolls on a CQ box?
    Last edited by Bliter; 10-09-2014 at 05:40 PM. Reason: grammar

  14. #104
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    New guy, this is what they do on launch of the xpacs in this joint. Old guys, quit being dramatic, you know this, you did this. This did not and will not kill rift pvp, it died at ftp and the old guys know it so it's really going to be funny when I quote this thread in three months as they bemoan the next sky is falling event and they are still playing.
    You assume people who post on the forums play. Truthfully this game's recurring issues with ability lag are what killed it, both PvP and PvE wise. I mean, lolcrucia is all I really have to say.

  15. #105
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackhammerr View Post
    I know they do gear resets when new exp packs come out, but to get rid of all pvp gear, progression and make you PVE in order to remain competitive is not respecting the PVP community which wants to only PVP to earn gear, items, weapons, runes, essences. Ranks should mean something its part of our progression, and we should never have to PVE in any way to obtain BIS gear for PVP or any other gear........Other games do not do this to their PVP community, other games keep the PVP progression and keep PVPers doing what they love and thats PVP and only PVP.....
    I have yet to play ANY mmo that has absolutely 0 gear crossovers.

    That includes: AO, WAR, WoW, Rift, ToR, Wildstar

    And technically the king black dragon was in the PvP area of runescape.

    Maybe some of them changed as time has gone by, but every single one of those had some form of gear crossover between pve and PvP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts