+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 304
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: Are you happy there will be no more PvP gear?

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    243

    Default Are you happy there will be no more PvP gear?

    Serious question, im a PVEr. Without spilling my own beans here, what do you think?

  2. #2
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimy View Post
    Serious question, im a PVEr. Without spilling my own beans here, what do you think?
    That the pve crowd is about to learn what its like to have day trippers wrecking their plans.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    I don't think anyone is happy with Trion's new gearing regime, to be honest, PvPer or otherwise.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,271

    Default

    I like that it potentially gives us a much broader choice of gear than has otherwise been available for pvp at any other time in rift.

    I'm not so keen on some of the hoops i'll need to jump through to get those other options of gear.
    I get that Trion wants us to experience jumping through the various hoops that make up Rift, and it would be ok if some of the hoops I don't enjoy as much only had to be jumped through once. but the nature of MMOs is Grind. if you enjoy jumping through a particular set of hoops, you don't notice the grind, its just something that happens along the way while you're having fun.
    if, on the other hand, the hoops you need to jump through aren't so fun, the Grind takes over and soon enough that is all you are left feeling.

    also, if Trion really wanted everyone to experience every element of Rift, they'd make T3 raids puggable by fresh 60s in greens and blues....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I don't think anyone is happy with Trion's new gearing regime, to be honest, PvPer or otherwise.

    You are wrong. I am very happy we don't have 2nd rate armor any more and it apparently takes having the same armor to be equal so I'm all for it. They have always been able to walk into our instances with bolstered armor, I can finally walk into their instances with armor I PvP'd to obtain.

    I'm very unhappy about a few other aspects of gearing in 3.0 but no more PvP gear isn't one of them.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    There has been too much inconsistent information tossed around I've decided I just have to look myself. I am just concerned how close to the top, or if you will reach the absolute top notch level of gear available for legitimate PvP'ing that won't take a drop down bolster.

    It's just simple, that is what attracted me to Rift and held me in it. I had my raiding days, loved it, but enjoyed taking my life back by dropping raiding from life. I liked that I could still get head honcho status in PvP by primarily playing solo and doing casual PvP content. I know I wasn't going to end up in boss hog DPS gear for PvE content, I just wanted the best PvP gear.

    I hear some say that is going to be utterly screwed, and some say it will be fine and you can hit the ceiling absolutely fine with only PvP content on your plate. Just that PvE may speed it up (as it did here too, like obtaining RICs). But I didn't touch any PvE content to end up in full quality boxed relics (minus 2 - 3 items) in good time before 3.0.

    With that being said, my toon is at pretty high status for PvP gear progression. I want to be able to reach this same theoretical status in 3.0 through only PvP as well is all. I will have to see myself.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Those who pve will have an advantage in pve and pvp. Those who just pvp will be behind pvers in gear in both categories. Obviously if you do both you're best off for both, but mainly because you pve.

    For someone that doesn't pve ever, or have the time to grind it out, that's a big bummer.

    The top end sounds like it'll close that gap mostly, but it's going to be a while before that happens for people like myself, so it'll be playing an uphill battle the whole way.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

  8. #8
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    i honestly don't care

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser VolitheBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    308

    Default

    I don't care.
    Last edited by VolitheBear; 10-05-2014 at 10:31 PM.

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    767

    Default

    If pve and pvp contributed equally to gear improvements, I wouldn't care either. The current implementation is 4 to 1 though, and makes it a real problem for pvp only players.

    If it was 60% pve 40% pvp to get max credit, that'd be fine, since a majority do mainly one or the other. And I've got no problem with doing both getting you the best stuff fastest. But atm if you pve at all you've got a huge advantage in pvp
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

  11. #11
    Ascendant Wing man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    They force everyone into boring 61 pt builds while bolstering, so I could really care less about the gear because it doesn't matter nor will it save pvp from being bad.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    They force everyone into boring 61 pt builds while bolstering, so I could really care less about the gear because it doesn't matter nor will it save pvp from being bad.
    I always found the non-61pt builds to be boring. The fun stuff is always 51+.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  13. #13
    Ascendant Wing man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I always found the non-61pt builds to be boring. The fun stuff is always 51+.
    Most 51+ abilities are passive and boring. Try using some "big boy" abilities that take complex thought like splicing together sick combos from all three trees... Oh wait Trion wants this game as mindless as possible so that's not gonna happen.
    Last edited by Wing man; 10-05-2014 at 11:08 PM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Most 51+ abilities are passive and mindless. Try using some "big boy" abilities that take thought.
    Logically I have them since I have all the abilities up to 61pt. Most 51+ builds smash hybrids because hybrids blow for PvP.

    Oh yeah, and they're boring because the fun abilities are 51+.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-05-2014 at 11:09 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  15. #15
    Ascendant Wing man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Most 51+ builds smash hybrids because hybrids blow for PvP.
    "because PvE" hence the boring and mindless statement. Totally lacks any creativity.
    Last edited by Wing man; 10-05-2014 at 11:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts