+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: Are you happy there will be no more PvP gear?

I think TRION grossly underestimated the customer base. The push back has been overwhelmingly against the gear changes that are being implemented in 3.0

TRION is all in, unwavering in it's stance. This is how it's going to be, if you don't like it, you can find another game.

Most people are already looking.

lets take two hypothetical players:
    Player A - only does pvp.
    Player B only does pve.
    class, spec, and skill are identical on both players.

months after NT has been released, when both players are as fully geared as they can possibly hope to be through their preferred play style, we throw both players into the same mode (pvp/pve) for comparison.

in pvp (warfront), Player B has a vast stat superiority over Player A. Even with his gear bolstered down, Player B has items that have their full effect in pvp which player A simply doesn't have. without every having pvped before, Player B is at the top of the pvp food chain.

in pve (raid), Player A is vastly inferior in performance to Player B. in fact the missing items might mean that he cant even access the same level of pve that Player B can. Assuming he can even enter the content, Player A is the weakest, most underperforming member of the team.

gear unification? not under this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Telaran

Default good observations

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    Player B only does pve.

months after NT has been released, when both players are as fully geared as they can possibly hope to be through their preferred play style, we throw both players into the same mode (pvp/pve) for comparison.

in pvp (warfront), Player B has a vast stat superiority over Player A. Even with his gear bolstered down, Player B has items that have their full effect in pvp which player A simply doesn't have. without every having pvped before, Player B is at the top of the pvp food chain.

in pve (raid), Player A is vastly inferior in performance to Player B. in fact the missing items might mean that he cant even access the same level of pve that Player B can. Assuming he can even enter the content, Player A is the weakest, most underperforming member of the team.

Once again,
    great players making great observation and comments, falling on deaf ears..
    seems like such a waste

Player B only does pve.

Also dont forget how people demand achievements to be linked before they will allow you to raid with them. A PVPer is totally screwed under this system and Trion is in denial if they think that PVPers even if they wanted to could not find a group because of lack of PVP achievements. I have tried to look at the brighter side of things for PVP and so far I cannot find anything with this new expansion that makes me feel like a valued and respected customer. Trion took away all of our progression, gear, items, and are forcing pvpers to PVE even though we are not wanted due to lack of acheivments........How many times do multiple people have to post before Trion realizes that maybe they are making a big mistake. Trion just look at your population shrinking and that should be a wake up call.......stop before its too late

I've never bought anything from the Rift store, but I'm curious how much it would cost to get geared. Anyone know?

According to Desdenova's post, it would take 2 years (100 weeks) to get expert level gear through pvp and world quests. I'm not willing to be undergeared for 2 months let alone 2 years.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

I went and checked the cost of T2 and T1 currently on the store.

A set of T2 armor is $300!
    A T2 weapon, alone is $300!

The T1 stuff is $200!

I just want to say that Trion are out of their minds.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Quote Originally Posted by Aquafria View Post
    I think TRION grossly underestimated the customer base. The push back has been overwhelmingly against the gear changes that are being implemented in 3.0

TRION is all in, unwavering in it's stance. This is how it's going to be, if you don't like it, you can find another game.

This is the most depressing part of it, for me. Even their staunchest supporters are saying, "this is terrible", yet they won't even acknowledge and say, "we're looking at alternatives". Instead Daglar is digging his heels in and throwing up strawmen on every fencepost.

It's an admission by omission that he just doesn't care how horribly he has ****ed over PvPers, and everyone else along with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    I just want to say that Trion are out of their minds.
    The $150 CE wasn't an indication?

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    See the sad part is we have been arguing for the same thing overall but you are too dense to realize it.
    wow another cheap shot,but coming from a guy like you i expect it.i dont think we want the same thing and i have already stated what i want.i want PVP gear to be bis for any and all pvp.i want that gear to be earned threw pvp and pvp only.you been on my *** saying this change is good for the game and players.now your saying you want the same thing as i do,FLIP FLOP!

you say im the one hurting the game= bull ****.i say raid gear will be stronger and you try to argue about it.then you say dumb *** **** like raid gear will be stronger but not far stronger.progression is pvp progression.you go on and on and on,then you go to another thread and say the opposite of what you said to me.

"While you are right, for whatever it is worth the PvE exclusive players will still have it better than the PvP exclusive because they will eventually all have best in slot while PvPers won't unless comparable versions are added". Baramos.

all the arguing you have been doing with me and you turn around and make a comment like that.you just reenforced what i have been saying all along.raid gear will be bis,raiders will have bis gear.mean while pvpers will be at a disadvantage unless we pve for gear.like i said more then once,even if everything is = in wfs pvpers wills till be at a disadvantage.do to lessors,trinkets,runes, orbs and the like.

now tell me im wrong or i cant understand your post.im glad a few others finally came around and provided good info.maybe now you and your "friends" will shut up about how good a change this is.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Player B only does pve.

well said!so why would players "people in this thread" defend a change like this,thats so biased its not funny.why punish/take away from pvp players?
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Aquafria View Post

sad part is the players here dont want to leave rift,we just dont like the gear change.well mos t of us anyway,easy to read and see what players defend the change.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    sad part is the players here dont want to leave rift,we just dont like the gear change.well mos t of us anyway,easy to read and see what players defend the change.
    Totally agree, I dont want to leave but I feel Trion is pushing the PVPers out leaving us with no options. I have many friends here but am willing to cancel my sub if Trion will not treat us as valued and respected customers. With all the people mad about the new changes you would think trion would reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by jackhammerr View Post
    Totally agree, I dont want to leave but I feel Trion is pushing the PVPers out leaving us with no options. I have many friends here but am willing to cancel my sub if Trion will not treat us as valued and respected customers. With all the people mad about the new changes you would think trion would reconsider.
    agree 100% and i would love to hear them explain why they think they need to change this around.i mean the way it is on live works and works well.it may not be perfect but its a good system.you can have a full set of freelancer/stater pvp gear before you hit level 60,how is that hard?if you have no pvp gear your boosted to a free set of freelancer/ starter gear in wfs.then you grind/play for your upgrades,pretty simple really.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Champion of Telara

Player B only does pve.

Curious as to why you posted this 'Player B has a vast stat superiority over Player A. Even with his gear bolstered down, Player B has items that have their full effect in pvp which player A simply doesn't have.'

Has Raid attained gear vs PvP attained gear stats been posted somewhere?

wow another cheap shot,
    How many times have you cussed me out and I am the one throwing cheap shots?

i have already stated what i want.i want PVP gear to be bis for any and all pvp.i want that gear to be earned threw pvp and pvp only

I have said that multiple times but you are so caught up in your QQ agenda that you can't follow along. Here is one of the many times where I have posted that.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    I just hope that we can get an end product that most of us are all happy with. I would like to say a product that we are all happy with, but that will never happen in any game, especially the PvP side of it.

Until we can get some definite answers to some of our questions, there are going to be a lot of misunderstandings due to different interpretations. I try to error on the side of common sense and give Devs the benefit of the doubt, but that doesn't always work out. I have a feeling that we will get more info today now that the weekend is over and the Devs are back in the office.

Not all but my top 3 concerns...

• Gear acquired from pve raids being the best in slot in open world pvp. I don't see this changing so we might have to bite the bullet. On the other hand, there will be a lot more players out in the open world so while I know I will be undergeared compared to some, I will welcome the additional people playing outside of the city.

• Gear slots that aren't covered by reverse bolstering and how big of a differential there is going to be between them and the versions that can be acquired by only pvping. Mainly looking at you essences and trinkets.

• The ilvl gap between items from raids that are reverse bolstered and the stats from token gear. Best in slot raiding gear is already best in slot for pve, duels and open world pvp so it definitely should not be best in slot in instanced pvp.

Things that don't concern me...

• Other players who engage in more aspects of the game gearing up faster than me. Right now the players who do CQ more than me have a gear advantage over me because they have relics and I don't. I have never received a RIC as a drop and a lot of players who engage in CQ frequently have better gear than me and I am fine with that. I will eventually get the token gear but if someone wants to pvp and pve in 3.0 and gear up faster, more power to them.

• Small gear gaps. I only did one rep grind to exalted for the +35 stat in Storm Legion and one other for the +18 stat. Other players did more pve than me and received better stats in return and while I am not a huge fan of it, I am fine with it overall. I wish there was a comparable rune alternative for every slot that we could acquire from pvp actions, but I don't see that happening so I will live with it.
    all the arguing you have been doing with me and you turn around and make a comment like that
    I argued about two things with you because you are wrong and in your head you think I am against everything that you have said even though I said most of the same things before you. You really are a special case...

Like I have mentioned a couple of times, for the big picture you and I want the same things but you obviously can't read what I say through the tears in your eyes.
    Last edited by Baramos; 10-07-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Plane Touched

agree 100% and i would love to hear them explain why they think they need to change this around.i mean the way it is on live works and works well.it may not be perfect but its a good system.you can have a full set of freelancer/stater pvp gear before you hit level 60,how is that hard?if you have no pvp gear your boosted to a free set of freelancer/ starter gear in wfs.then you grind/play for your upgrades,pretty simple really.
    Agreed, and that's exactly what an MMO is about.

I wonder what the pvp players will say when they realize their expert gear is their end game.. It seems some people doesnt understand that they just lost probably 90% of their carrot and end game.

Where would PvP be today if the PvPers hit end game in expert gear??????????! LOL is all i have to say. They have nothing more to go for. While pvp noobs like me comes for a visit in a warfront, full of Tier 1/2/3 raid gear, orbs and runes, and SMASH them to pieces. Ridiculous.

Also it's gonna be intresting with the bolstering. Take a minute and think about how exactly they will make that work. Offensive stats perhaps? Say a max amount of 1000 strength/Wisdom/Intelligence/Dexterity. Then what about Endurance? No tank specs works in PvP anymore? And if they do............ Think about this:

My raid gear has (following up on my example above) 1500 wisdom. This means i am wearing 500 wisdom that i get nothing for. So how about i change a piece or three into TANK GEAR. Oioi, look at that sexy endurance. Im as strong(er) as the rest, but im litterally now a tank-cannon.

No matter how i flip and turn on this, i can not see a single benefit for this change to gear unification except for one: It might be fun the first two weeks. Then guys and girls, we will have problems.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast