+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: Are you happy there will be no more PvP gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I am not even sure exclusive PvE'ers are happy.
    While you are right, for whatever it is worth the PvE exclusive players will still have it better than the PvP exclusive because they will eventually all have best in slot while PvPers won't unless comparable versions are added.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    If it is meaningless feel free to not get any gear upgrades at level 65 but I want to make my character stronger with gear from the tokens I get in PvP. You are right prestige isn't going to mean anything outside of titles or anything else that they add but that doesn't mean we don't still have the progression carrot dangling in front of us.
    I don't really see the carrot PvP wise. I finnish my daily WZ and my (eventually)weekly WZ. How can I progress via PvP afterwards (beside the daily cq and weekly cq probably)? What happens to query times if everyone only plays for one win?

I am forced to PvE- there I can do open world content, experts, probably dailies to progress.

Even If they implement open world pvp dailies without PvEing you will always be severly behind in progress.

I still hope that favor has some use in 3.0. Doesn't look that way so far unfortunately.

surprise surprise its you!

Progression in PvP isn't removed so once again it is you who is making stuff up.

I wish you were but you aren't. All you are doing is hurting the game when you are fear mongering. If you don't like something that is fine. Complaining about it every chance you get without offering solutions is not fine. Rift can't continue to bleed PvPers so if you can't help be part of the solution and try to keep a cool head you are part of the problem.

What did I say that was wrong again? Every other thing that you post is wrong.
    you just never stop do you?pvp progression not gone,right!gearing your toon threw pve get you better and more powerful gear faster then pvping.what does that tell us?but like you said,im just making this stuff up.

so im the one hurting the game?trying to talk since into you and the rest of the players who just dont get it,you got me again!your the one hurting the game by no admitting how bad this change ****s over the pvpers.why drive players away from the game?still time to reverse the changes.your helping the devs promote a lame *** change thats going to piss off/drive away alot of players.

nothing i have said is wrong,cant say the same for you.o thats right,you say **** like stronger but not far stronger.progression is progression so that = pvp progression.gear will be bolstered down, a tad.

stop trying to promote a bad change,i love this game to but nothing i have done has driven off the many many pvpers who already left.the **** i heard in vent after these changes were announced blew my mind.

its going to be funny to watch the next pvp tourny when most of the players that usually partake in it,have or will leave rift.dont worry bolstering works wonders......
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    Progression in PVP will be meaningless.. TRION has told us that prestige means diddly squat. PVP is now on par with an expert dungeon .. a means only to get marks just like a chronicle or sending out minions. Only raiding will count. You skill is only used to finish your dailies and continue to earn marks elsewhere. Btw it will take months to earn sufficient to equip with gear essences and crystals because void stones are capped per week.

It is TRION who will be driving folks away but as they say if you don't like it leave ..this means those who are patrons.and support the game. They don't actually care much what we say. Just wait for the grind to be relieved by spending real money. You know that will happen.
    dont try and talk any since to him,he will just argue for the sake of arguing.he thinks gearing your toon = pvp progression.even though a player can skip any and all pvp and come away with better more p[powerful gear faster then a player gears up threw wfs.if we had more players speaking out against the change instead of promoting it.maybe we could get something changed for the better.
    Last edited by butkus; 10-07-2014 at 09:21 AM.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Tulia View Post
    I don't really see the carrot PvP wise. I finnish my daily WZ and my (eventually)weekly WZ. How can I progress via PvP afterwards (beside the daily cq and weekly cq probably)? What happens to query times if everyone only plays for one win?

I am forced to PvE- there I can do open world content, experts, probably dailies to progress.

Even If they implement open world pvp dailies without PvEing you will always be severly behind in progress.

I still hope that favor has some use in 3.0. Doesn't look that way so far unfortunately.
    Favor needs to have a value or I agree agree quests pvp will be meaningless until max gear

I don't see why much stuff wouldn't inherently come with a favor cost + tokens like it always has. Maybe it was just assumed and not mentioned since favor is an ever capping/rapid incoming type of spending 'currency'.

Just my random guess.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-07-2014 at 09:36 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

While you are right, for whatever it is worth the PvE exclusive players will still have it better than the PvP exclusive because they will eventually all have best in slot while PvPers won't unless comparable versions are added.
    so why defend a change that puts a large amount of the player base "pvpers" at a disadvantage?you just said it yourself,pvers will have bis and pvpers will not.flip flop!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    so why defend a change that puts a large amount of the player base "pvpers" at a disadvantage?you just said it yourself,pvers will have bis and pvpers will not.flip flop!
    You need to learn to read/argue.

I don't see why much stuff wouldn't inherently come with a favor cost + tokens like it always has. Maybe it was just assumed and not mentioned since favor is an ever capping/rapid incoming type of spending 'currency'.

Just my random guess.
    why?because the devs removed any and all pvp gear.

IF they do add in something pvpers can buy with flavor,it will be something small thats does not matter really.maybe something like that rune or what ever you wan tto call it that adds 10% run speed on our boots.or 10% faster mount speed, or chest Armour ect.
    Last edited by butkus; 10-07-2014 at 09:40 AM.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

PvP progression without conquest weeklies (assuming you consider cq as pvp) consists of 7 wf charges and a wf weekly per week. Everything else including essences and earring slot unlocks is from pve. You're lying to yourself if you think this is a pvp game.

TLDR: There is no pvp progression.

The unfortunate reality is that, even if they made it totally flawless - in that all the best items that reach the stat ceiling were from PvP activity - the fact the gear is 'united' and the PvE gear will receive a bolster down in instanced PvP, along with them admitting duels/open world will not bolster, and the lack of mentioning dimensions makes me think they may not either.

Some of the stuff that was finally bringing PvP slightly together was dimension contests. Without highly rigid and detailed rules and gear checks, PvP dimension fighting may totally fall off peoples interest. The world PvP wasn't doing great - so why introduce a system, even when flawless, that would offend and push more PvP'ers away from it?

The dark reality that is subtle that I think everyone is aware of at some level, maybe not just thinking of it. Even if they do this flawlessly for instanced PvP with bolstering, they have somewhat admitted top end PvE'ers will be king beyond dispute in the open world. You know, that is exactly what was screwed about Eq2's PvP. Raid geared people were a substantially higher threat than PvP geared people. They fixed it. Rift just created it after actually having a fix in place....
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNinja View Post
    You need to learn to read/argue.
    really?thought i already said that to you a few times?your not talking crazy like you were in the other thread, is it staring to sink in now?

all you really need to take away form that post is this."PvE exclusive players will still have it better than the PvP exclusive because they will eventually all have best in slot while PvPers won't unless comparable versions are added."

just keep telling me im wrong and trying to take cheap shots at me.all the info you need is in this thread/links.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNinja View Post
    Favor needs to have a value or I agree agree quests pvp will be meaningless until max gear
    I mentioned that I would like more PvP fluff items that PvPers could always work towards but the main issue with that is that fluff items are the type of items that are on the cash shop so the decision is easy for Trion to spend $ to bring in more $ instead of spending $ that brings in Rift currency.
    Last edited by Baramos; 10-07-2014 at 09:51 AM.

The unfortunate reality is that, even if they made it totally flawless - in that all the best items that reach the stat ceiling were from PvP activity - the fact the gear is 'united' and the PvE gear will receive a bolster down in instanced PvP, along with them admitting duels/open world will not bolster, and the lack of mentioning dimensions makes me think they may not either.

Some of the stuff that was finally bringing PvP slightly together was dimension contests. Without highly rigid and detailed rules and gear checks, PvP dimension fighting may totally fall off peoples interest. The world PvP wasn't doing great - so why introduce a system, even when flawless, that would offend and push more PvP'ers away from it?

The dark reality that is subtle that I think everyone is aware of at some level, maybe not just thinking of it. Even if they do this flawlessly for instanced PvP with bolstering, they have somewhat admitted top end PvE'ers will be king beyond dispute in the open world. You know, that is exactly what was screwed about Eq2's PvP. Raid geared people were a substantially higher threat than PvP geared people. They fixed it. Rift just created it after actually having a fix in place....
    very very well said!this is what i have been arguing for some time now.yet there are a few on these forums that wan to hear none of it.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    very very well said!this is what i have been arguing for some time now.yet there are a few on these forums that wan to hear none of it.
    See the sad part is we have been arguing for the same thing overall but you are too dense to realize it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast