+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Getting Rid of Premades/ Actually Best for Business

  1. #31
    Ascendant Lords0fpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    You are giving the average premade way too much credit. I imagine I have went against twice as many premades as I thought I have because it is hard to distinguish bad premades from the average pugs. On the other hand, I have been on many premades that haven't used any of the above. While I wish Rift had a playerbase large enough to add a stricter matchmaking system, it just isn't in the cards.
    Running off the PuG players, ensures they will not ever have large enough playerbase for it, either.
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 10-03-2014 at 03:20 PM.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

    ~Daglar

  2. #32
    Prophet of Telara Morwath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    The only acceptable way of removing premades would be moving raid rewards into premade que.

  3. #33
    Rift Master ConclusionTheFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Starting to change my stance on this issue; solo queuing is impossible at this point. I have never seen so many 20k heroes in my life. The healers do not heal, not even themselves. The support does anything but. The dps is always me and another guy regardless of the spec I play.

    Perhaps the premades can beat some sense into these useless spot fillers who contribute absolutely nothing.

    On top of all of this, their servers are complete sh*t; lagging randomly like crazy.

    I just do not understand; I cannot comprehend how they get so many things wrong. It is impressively awful.

  4. #34
    Ascendant Wing man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    It's this simple. Players who create premades for easy/lay-Z pvp will still play if they are forbidden to make premades. They just want to have their cake and eat it too.

    Players who pvp to experiment with it and struggle because they feel ineffective will leave because of premades. They just want to experience what it is and maybe have some fun too.
    Last edited by Wing man; 10-03-2014 at 05:00 PM.

  5. #35
    Plane Touched jackhammerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    Starting to change my stance on this issue; solo queuing is impossible at this point. I have never seen so many 20k heroes in my life. The healers do not heal, not even themselves. The support does anything but. The dps is always me and another guy regardless of the spec I play.

    Perhaps the premades can beat some sense into these useless spot fillers who contribute absolutely nothing.

    On top of all of this, their servers are complete sh*t; lagging randomly like crazy.

    I just do not understand; I cannot comprehend how they get so many things wrong. It is impressively awful.
    The better players have migrated to better pastures or at the least are turned off riight now with the upcoming changes and are not playing. I have had way longer que times becauuse of this. I dont blme them one bit being turned off either. I hope Trion reconsiders and gives the PVP community progression doing only PVP and rewards for pvp, no Raiding or giving bis to only PVEers giving them a clear advantage over the PVP community. I really love this game butcant help but feeling like I am being forced out by Trion like many others. Seems like Trion can care less about any problems with the Lag in PVP, premades going nuts, or the disdain players have about the new changes.......keeping fingers crossed that trion wakes up out of its coma.....
    Last edited by jackhammerr; 10-03-2014 at 05:05 PM.

  6. #36
    Ascendant Lords0fpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackhammerr View Post
    The better players have migrated to better pastures or at the least are turned off riight now with the upcoming changes and are not playing. I have had way longer que times becauuse of this. I dont blme them one bit being turned off either. I hope Trion reconsiders and gives the PVP community progression doing only PVP and rewards for pvp, no Raiding or giving bis to only PVEers giving them a clear advantage over the PVP community. I really love this game butcant help but feeling like I am being forced out by Trion like many others. Seems like Trion can care less about any problems with the Lag in PVP, premades going nuts, or the disdain players have about the new changes.......keeping fingers crossed that trion wakes up out of its coma.....
    Played a library Thursday night with 10 total ppl....the whole match. Solo qued 2 cq and neither raid filled. Who is trying to tell trion what is good for business...they obviously know what is best...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

    ~Daglar

  7. #37
    Plane Touched Fusscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Due to most of my guild being on AA, been solo queuing lately. Not having much trouble with it, but both sides seem to often have a lot of cannon fodder, and often no pure healers at all.

    I notice when we PM we often face other PMs or a lot of geared players, seems to make sense. (Except CQ.)

    Most of the fun for a lot of players is playing with your friends, if people want to make that impossible it seems like a bit of a fail to me, it's an MMO isn't it?

  8. #38
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fusscle View Post
    Due to most of my guild being on AA, been solo queuing lately. Not having much trouble with it, but both sides seem to often have a lot of cannon fodder, and often no pure healers at all.

    I notice when we PM we often face other PMs or a lot of geared players, seems to make sense. (Except CQ.)

    Most of the fun for a lot of players is playing with your friends, if people want to make that impossible it seems like a bit of a fail to me, it's an MMO isn't it?
    You don't get it still. That excuse is old and has been already dealt with. Playing with people is playing with people. If playing with a group of people allows you to exploit 10% of the game it traps those groups into that 10%, something that Trion doesn't want. But because it is ezmode and exploitable they do it.

    90% of the game allows for you to play with whoever you want. They want you to experience the other 90% of the game. Why do you think their is gear unification? Not only that but when you exploit the 10% of the game that 10% becomes a problem for 100% of your player base because that 10% is actually needed to progress in 100% of the game. You trap 100% of the player base in 10% of the game = Trion mega fails again. It is common sense.

    If you actually bothered to read how much wasted development went into trying to fix premades and balance classes for pvp and premades exploiting the best build combinations you would have your hard proof. For the past year cq was more popular than 90% of the game. True fact. Think about that.
    Last edited by Planetx; 10-04-2014 at 09:48 PM.

  9. #39
    Ascendant Flashmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    You don't get it still. That excuse is old and has been already dealt with. Playing with people is playing with people. If playing with a group of people allows you to exploit 10% of the game it traps those groups into that 10%, something that Trion doesn't want. But because it is ezmode and exploitable they do it.

    90% of the game allows for you to play with whoever you want. They want you to experience the other 90% of the game. Why do you think their is gear unification? Not only that but when you exploit the 10% of the game that 10% becomes a problem for 100% of your player base because that 10% is actually needed to progress in 100% of the game. You trap 100% of the player base in 10% of the game = Trion mega fails again. It is common sense.

    If you actually bothered to read how much wasted development went into trying to fix premades and balance classes for pvp and premades exploiting the best build combinations you would have your hard proof. For the past year cq was more popular than 90% of the game. True fact. Think about that.
    A bit dramatic but I see where you are going with this. It doesn't really matter though because Ocho said they will continue to allow pms. Even if you are right about what you say they rather do the "death by pride" stance on the matter.

    They can easily fix cq from being a "funnel" if they made it a weekend only thing though but that would probably not go well with a lot of players who can't play on the weekends.

  10. #40
    Rift Chaser Fryday's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Most premade's are just guildies teamed up with no coordination past calling out targets in chat and marking things. Really the only difference I see between pugging and premading is ensuring a solid comp on your team.

  11. #41
    Prophet of Telara Morwath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Do you want me to premade, or have me on your team as main killer/dps who will not attack his friends playing main healers on enemy side?
    Last edited by Morwath; 10-05-2014 at 01:56 AM.

  12. #42
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Do you want me to premade, or have me on your team as main killer/dps who will not attack his friends playing main healers on enemy side?
    If you throw games you will be a loser and mixed with others like yourself, so that is fine. You may eventually have such a low ELO for throwing games for your friends they will mix you in with them.

    And you just brought up another exploit with premades that is undeniable.
    You can queue in as a group and get the premade to queue in vs. the pug. All it takes is one person on of a group to join out the queue to make the system think it is a premade vs. premade match. You only need 3 players as well not five. So if you have 3 alt accounts you can force your premades to join if the system attempts to match premade vs premade.
    Another exploit that is guaranteed to match premades vs. pugs indefinitely even when the system calls for a premade vs premade match.
    Last edited by Planetx; 10-05-2014 at 03:24 AM.

  13. #43
    Ascendant Flashmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    If you throw games you will be a loser and mixed with others like yourself, so that is fine. You may eventually have such a low ELO for throwing games for your friends they will mix you in with them.

    And you just brought up another exploit with premades that is undeniable.
    You can queue in as a group and get the premade to queue in vs. the pug. All it takes is one person on of a group to join out the queue to make the system think it is a premade vs. premade match. You only need 3 players as well not five. So if you have 3 alt accounts you can force your premades to join if the system attempts to match premade vs premade.
    Another exploit that is guaranteed to match premades vs. pugs indefinitely even when the system calls for a premade vs premade match.
    I doubt anyone does that anymore. It was a problem back in the day in early SL with multiboxers who use to get their friends in when premades weren't allowed to play vs. pugs.

    However, it is very easy to exploit CQ and lead two factions against eachother. I seen some players from some guilds in the past feed their friends on the other side when they were leading the pugs. I remember one person in particular who kept sending us straight into their friends raids non stop. They were immediately identified and put on ignored by half the community. There was also spy accounts for Stillmoor. Where they would have an alt account on another faction. I guess in a sense PvP is totally exploitable but what can you do? It is what it is?

    The only way I guess without too much work is to make pvp unrewarding altogether.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 10-05-2014 at 03:33 AM.

  14. #44
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    I doubt anyone does that anymore. It was a problem back in the day in early SL with multiboxers who use to get their friends in when premades weren't allowed to play vs. pugs.

    However, it is very easy to exploit CQ and lead two factions against eachother. I seen some players from some guilds in the past feed their friends on the other side when they were leading the pugs. I remember one person in particular who kept sending us straight into their friends raids non stop. They were immediately identified and put on ignored by half the community. There was also spy accounts for Stillmoor. Where they would have an alt account on another faction. I guess in a sense PvP is totally exploitable but what can you do? It is what it is?

    The only way I guess without too much work is to make pvp unrewarding altogether.

    Well, you can add that to the list of pvp exploits as well.

  15. #45
    Plane Touched Fusscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    You don't get it still. That excuse is old and has been already dealt with. Playing with people is playing with people. If playing with a group of people allows you to exploit 10% of the game it traps those groups into that 10%, something that Trion doesn't want. But because it is ezmode and exploitable they do it.

    90% of the game allows for you to play with whoever you want. They want you to experience the other 90% of the game. Why do you think their is gear unification? Not only that but when you exploit the 10% of the game that 10% becomes a problem for 100% of your player base because that 10% is actually needed to progress in 100% of the game. You trap 100% of the player base in 10% of the game = Trion mega fails again. It is common sense.

    If you actually bothered to read how much wasted development went into trying to fix premades and balance classes for pvp and premades exploiting the best build combinations you would have your hard proof. For the past year cq was more popular than 90% of the game. True fact. Think about that.
    The "excuse" may be old, but it's not really an excuse. Playing with random people is totally different than playing with your friends.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts