+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Premades - I hate you all - Sorry I mean Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNinja View Post
    I wish trion would mark premades so all the typical bad players would realize that there is either no premade on the other team, a premade on their own team that stinks, or 2 good players playing together who are better than a premade...

bottom line is people dont want to get better, make friends, used team work etc etc etc.

I solo que the majority of the time and never do I run into this problem, yea you get a few bad ones in a row but you also beat "premades" all the time. When I do premade we usually get matched vs another premade and its the most competitive games I play. but no its def premades that are making you lose not playing facetank warlord, not playing warden over defiler, not switching to dom when they have a ton of heals, not switching to physician and supporting dps but lying in stealth the whole match instead....

Play a rogue?
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Play a rogue?
    Yup, what does that have to do with anything? I've seen people in this forum who people claim to be great face tank in warlord instead of switching to paragon in a healing stalemate. Plenty of rogues play mm instead of bard, mages play warlock instead of dom, inq over defiler....

People want to play terribly and have the other team do the same for fair matches...it's mind blowing
    Last edited by GreatWhiteNinja; 10-02-2014 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wylwrk View Post
    1. Before match - Identify if you're up against a premade
    2. If a premade go to step 3
    3. Convince your entire team to stay at spawn point
    4. /dance and stay put
    5. Relish in your new found understanding of what a protest is.
    6. Point and laugh at the premade as you deny them their KB crack

With the way people are in MMO's the likely hood of you pulling this off is small.

I myself have pulled this off ONCE and the results were rather interesting.

LISTEN UP PEOPLE --

You all have been complaining about premades on the forums for awhile now. How are you liking those results?

If you dislike an aspect of the game, the best way to change it is to not participate in it.
    It would be great if you didn't queue for a Warfront again.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Default If You Can't Beat 'em... Join 'em

There is at least one PvP channel on NA shards (haven't noticed any on EU)... look for folks wanting to group. Otherwise, unless you or someone takes charge in a warfront, get a team to follow/listen... you will continue to have tough times.

Quote Originally Posted by wylwrk View Post
    1. Before match - Identify if you're up against a premade
    2. If a premade go to step 3
    3. Convince your entire team to stay at spawn point
    4. /dance and stay put
    5. Relish in your new found understanding of what a protest is.
    6. Point and laugh at the premade as you deny them their KB crack

With the way people are in MMO's the likely hood of you pulling this off is small.

I myself have pulled this off ONCE and the results were rather interesting.

LISTEN UP PEOPLE --

You all have been complaining about premades on the forums for awhile now. How are you liking those results?

If you dislike an aspect of the game, the best way to change it is to not participate in it.
    I can never get my group to do this but I do agree with it.

I understand this guys post. Sometimes you get locked into to back to back queues against the same premade. It's VERY annoying. More annoying at earlier lvls then later for sure.

Ascendant

I wish trion would mark premades so all the typical bad players would realize that there is either no premade on the other team, a premade on their own team that stinks, or 2 good players playing together who are better than a premade...

bottom line is people dont want to get better, make friends, used team work etc etc etc.

I solo que the majority of the time and never do I run into this problem, yea you get a few bad ones in a row but you also beat "premades" all the time. When I do premade we usually get matched vs another premade and its the most competitive games I play. but no its def premades that are making you lose not playing facetank warlord, not playing warden over defiler, not switching to dom when they have a ton of heals, not switching to physician and supporting dps but lying in stealth the whole match instead....
    Yea you aint lying, i still remember the other day ur pm got spanked in that BG was pretty embarrassesing. Mana wrench ftw

Yup, what does that have to do with anything? I've seen people in this forum who people claim to be great face tank in warlord instead of switching to paragon in a healing stalemate. Plenty of rogues play mm instead of bard, mages play warlock instead of dom, inq over defiler....

People want to play terribly and have the other team do the same for fair matches...it's mind blowing
    Just curious, if 5 ppl post "they have no problem" against PMs...4 of them run a rogue. Since sin and physician are considered overpowered to start with. They also say they "rarely" are in a PM, but when I ran across them...they are in a PM. Anyway, just wanted to see if the pattern is staying consistent. And it is... lol
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 10-02-2014 at 07:49 AM.

~Daglar

A couple things I'll point out. in WFs if there is a premade in that WF theres a 50% chance you'll be on their team, and premades lose too.

The real problem is that with premades you typically have 5 people willing to work with each other to accomplish a goal, whereas with PUGs its every man for themselves. Not all PUGs are like this but most are. If all PUGs would adapt the attitude of team work pugging would be a better experience without the need to eliminate premades. A large part of a premades success or failure comes from their ability to work together, EX: the healer(s) in a particular premade don't wander off to solo vault while the rest of the team is fighting at dex; they mark and focus high priority targets (you know those healers and that DPS that if is left unchecked will 3 shot everyone on your team).

The only real advantage a good premade has (purely my experience in the groups I'll do WFs with) is that we are all flexible. Everyone of us is capable of healing if heals are an issue, and everyone of us can DPS or support if healing is on point. We don't have unrealistic expectations that a PUG will switch to heals, or that a PUG mage will switch to dom to energy/mana starve the other team. We won't sit and ***** that there's no heals, generally we will say something in party chat about switching to heals and toss a mark on ourselves so the rest of the team can govern themselves accordingly (stay within range/LoS and pealing as needed). It's all about flexibility and teamwork.

TL;DR Premades encourage teamwork in WFs, if you want to beat premades in WFs play as they play.
    Last edited by ItzCrooK2UxD; 10-02-2014 at 07:52 AM.
    Arrass@Derpwood
    Harass@DeepWood

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    Yea you aint lying, i still remember the other day ur pm got spanked in that BG was pretty embarrassesing. Mana wrench ftw
    Haha nice try kiika...

Quote Originally Posted by ItzCrooK2UxD View Post
    A couple things I'll point out. in WFs if there is a premade in that WF theres a 50% chance you'll be on their team, and premades lose too.

The real problem is that with premades you typically have 5 people willing to work with each other to accomplish a goal, whereas with PUGs its every man for themselves. Not all PUGs are like this but most are. If all PUGs would adapt the attitude of team work pugging would be a better experience without the need to eliminate premades. A large part of a premades success or failure comes from their ability to work together, EX: the healer(s) in a particular premade don't wander off to solo vault while the rest of the team is fighting at dex; they mark and focus high priority targets (you know those healers and that DPS that if is left unchecked will 3 shot everyone on your team).

The only real advantage a good premade has (purely my experience in the groups I'll do WFs with) is that we are all flexible. Everyone of us is capable of healing if heals are an issue, and everyone of us can DPS or support if healing is on point. We don't have unrealistic expectations that a PUG will switch to heals, or that a PUG mage will switch to dom to energy/mana starve the other team. We won't sit and ***** that there's no heals, generally we will say something in party chat about switching to heals and toss a mark on ourselves so the rest of the team can govern themselves accordingly (stay within range/LoS and pealing as needed). It's all about flexibility and teamwork.

TL;DR Premades encourage teamwork in WFs, if you want to beat premades in WFs play as they play.
    It is not a 50 percent chance. They are matching high elo to put against the PM. Therefore some ppl keep ending up against them. My alts might have that chance (as they get played less) not my main.
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 10-02-2014 at 07:55 AM.

~Daglar

Just curious, if 5 ppl post "they have no problem" against PMs...4 of them run a rogue. Since sin and physician are considered overpowered to start with. They also say they "rarely" are in a PM, but when I ran across them...they are in a PM. Anyway, just wanted to see if the pattern is staying consistent. And it is... lol
    Haha I run in a full premade 1 out of a 100 games. Only class that can really be screwed by matchmaking is warrior since they lack a st heal soul or a soul like dom. Its basically dps or bust.

The rest of the classes simply refuse to learn to play. Most people have 1 or 2 specs they know and never switch.

It is not a 50 percent chance. They are matching high elo to put against the PM. Therefore some ppl keep ending up against them. My alts might have that chance (as they get played less) not my main.
    So your refusal to play within a team in a team game is not the problem it's the people who do?

Shadowlander

I have a high elo, I do both PM and solo queue. Yes I am a rogue

When solo queue I find many individuals do not take constructive criticism or demonstrate the previously mentioned flexibility to switch to a spec that will benefit the TEAM.

-Dartain
    Last edited by Uddjubb; 10-02-2014 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uddjubb View Post
    I have a high elo, I do both PM and solo queue. Yes I am a rogue

When solo queue I find many individuals do not take constructive criticism or demonstrate the previously mentioned flexibility to switch to a spec that will benefit the TEAM.

-Dartain
    Yup, I ask people to switch out of tank specs or bad support specs all the time when I heal. People want to play bad and get rewarded and punish the people who play correctly. Its legit bizarro world

@ Whoever said play rogue. Best Rift pvp suggestion ever made by man. Rogue in Rift pvp is what u call master class(race?).

U can choose when to do a warfront and when to afk in stealth while ur morons get farmed cause u got super high ELO and u get 20k ppl on ur team, or u get stupid pve heal map like Library\BG while doing randoms, where all the bads go heal.

Or u can choose not to go for the mid heal zerg fest and go cap stuff while killing scrubs 1v1 or 1v2, cause we all know 99.9% ppl cant pvp in Rift unless they got a zerg\heal to run back to.

Rogue for president... nb\sin for ruler of the world....
    Last edited by Sezex; 10-02-2014 at 09:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast