+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift still a fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Avind View Post
    Don't take my gear crutch trion

dont worry the devs will make sure the pvers keep there bis gear,the pvpers are the ones that have to worry.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    dont worry the devs will make sure the pvers keep there bis gear,the pvpers are the ones that have to worry.
    Let me ask you, what do you need BIS gear for?
    If you pvp, then, in a warfront, NOBODY is gonna be above a certain max gear level.

If you raid, good for you, you'll get raid drops.

If you DONOT raid, then why the bleeding freaking hell do you want BIS RAID/PVE gear for?

Stop QQing.

Default Enough's enough....

I predict that from October 22nd into the foreseeable future folks will look back at this and laugh. Baddies will always be bad.... skill trumps.

We'll probably also laugh at the fact that ranks give you 'titles' (wheeee)

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #64

They leave out the part about getting pve marks and pve gear for said wf. Most would call that pve progression
    There is no such thing as PVE marks in Nightmare Tide.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post

Thanks,
    theirs no such thing as pvp gear either.so please tell me where i can get the greatest # of these "marks" in wfs, or raiding and doing the pve daily's ect?

maybe we should merge the pvp forums with the pve/raiding forums and just call them forums from now on.
    Last edited by butkus; 10-06-2014 at 09:22 AM.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post

patrons will still gear up faster than him, though, because, well, they are patrons.

inb4 wow arena rank boasting to prove skill
    My understanding is that there is a cap on the currency you can obtain each week. Patrons will hit the cap faster in a given week because they get 40% more, but they hit the same cap as everyone else, so long term they don't get an advantage over non-patrons. After 4 weeks, the max amount of currency either of them can have is CAP*4.

Quote Originally Posted by altoholics View Post
    If you pvp, then, in a warfront, NOBODY is gonna be above a certain max gear level.

If you DONOT raid, then why the bleeding freaking hell do you want BIS RAID/PVE gear for?

Stop QQing.
    let me ask you this-why do raiders need bis gear?skill is all that matters and the thrill of kill and npc.so lets make everyone and everything has the same gear,sounds fun?

max gear level in a wf,tell me what thats going to be?tell me right now how good the trinkets from a vendor "if there are any" are compared to trinkets raiders will have on.

also i do not want bis pve/raid gear,i want bis PVP GEAR! obtained threw PVP!
    is that so hard to understand?
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Telaran

let me ask you this-why do raiders need bis gear?skill is all that matters and the thrill of kill and npc.so lets make everyone and everything has the same gear,sounds fun?

max gear level in a wf,tell me what thats going to be?tell me right now how good the trinkets from a vendor "if there are any" are compared to trinkets raiders will have on.

also i do not want bis pve/raid gear,i want bis PVP GEAR! obtained threw PVP!
    is that so hard to understand?
    Why, to perform better, ofc! There's no dps check in PVP. You can have a healing stalemate.

Take the PBB mini, Krizzix, or T3 mini, Krass, Magcillian and Mallaven for example, if your raid does not have sufficient dps, you WIPE. period.

You also conviniently ignore my original question : Why ask for raid level BIS gear is pvp, when its gonna be dumbed down anyway? (you want PVP-ONLY BIS gear, fine, no probs, but that stuff should lack hit or something, so its not usable in raids, just like BIS PVE gear isnt usable in PVP as is)

EDIT : I hate it taht the gear have been merged, atleast keep BIS pvp and PVE gear separate?
    Last edited by altoholics; 10-06-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post

Thanks,
    Pragmatic Patrick swoops in.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Why, to perform better, ofc! There's no dps check in PVP. You can have a healing stalemate.

Take the PBB mini, Krizzix, or T3 mini, Krass, Magcillian and Mallaven for example, if your raid does not have sufficient dps, you WIPE. period.

You also conviniently ignore my original question : Why ask for raid level BIS gear is pvp, when its gonna be dumbed down anyway? (you want PVP-ONLY BIS gear, fine, no probs, but that stuff should lack hit or something, so its not usable in raids, just like BIS PVE gear isnt usable in PVP as is)

EDIT : I hate it taht the gear have been merged, atleast keep BIS pvp and PVE gear separate?
    my god- all over the forums you guys just never stop.i hope you pvers bring your friends into rift,its going to need people.

to perform better really?one could just adjust bosses #'s and call it a day.that would be far less work $ then adding in raid gear to the game.

you cna name all the bosses you want,i have no clue who or what the fights are like.i can not name you any boss or pve instance in game.

"You also conviniently ignore my original question : Why ask for raid level BIS gear is pvp"

no i answered your question and i have stated that about 100 times on these forums,just read a little bit.i have not and will not ask for bis raid/pve gear.want i want is bis pvp gear thats best for pvp,earned threw pvp,like on how live works.

you think raid gear will be dumbed down do you?again read the forums.no dev or player has said raid gear will not be bis,right?the only thing up for debate is how much better.think bottom,middle and top with vendor gear being middle.even if and thats a big if vendor gear is = to raid gear in wfs.raiders will still have a gear advantage over non raiders.you think bolstering will fix everything,lmfao.why then did bolstering did not fix pve trinkets they were bis for how long?think hard before you answer that.

where do i get my lessors and greaters now?ear rings?a dev did say we can get ear rings without raiding,but he never said if they were bis "no" or if we had to grind rep to get them.do you still have to have an item in a slot for it to be bolstered?

did you see the screen shot a player posted in here the other day.the one of the two pieces of gear.one from the vendor with +pc or sc on it and the other from pve with +cp on it.want to take a guess what one would be bis for pvp?thats right cp BY FAR.do you really think they will remove CP and the like from raid gear,lmfao.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

my god- all over the forums you guys just never stop.i hope you pvers bring your friends into rift,its going to need people.

to perform better really?one could just adjust bosses #'s and call it a day.that would be far less work $ then adding in raid gear to the game.

you cna name all the bosses you want,i have no clue who or what the fights are like.i can not name you any boss or pve instance in game.

"You also conviniently ignore my original question : Why ask for raid level BIS gear is pvp"

no i answered your question and i have stated that about 100 times on these forums,just read a little bit.i have not and will not ask for bis raid/pve gear.want i want is bis pvp gear thats best for pvp,earned threw pvp,like on how live works.

you think raid gear will be dumbed down do you?again read the forums.no dev or player has said raid gear will not be bis,right?the only thing up for debate is how much better.think bottom,middle and top with vendor gear being middle.even if and thats a big if vendor gear is = to raid gear in wfs.raiders will still have a gear advantage over non raiders.you think bolstering will fix everything,lmfao.why then did bolstering did not fix pve trinkets they were bis for how long?think hard before you answer that.

where do i get my lessors and greaters now?ear rings?a dev did say we can get ear rings without raiding,but he never said if they were bis "no" or if we had to grind rep to get them.do you still have to have an item in a slot for it to be bolstered?

did you see the screen shot a player posted in here the other day.the one of the two pieces of gear.one from the vendor with +pc or sc on it and the other from pve with +cp on it.want to take a guess what one would be bis for pvp?thats right cp BY FAR.do you really think they will remove CP and the like from raid gear,lmfao.
    If that's true and the same stat types are not available through vendor it will be the end of the pvp playerbase entirely and they'll have to merge EU/US servers just to get any warfronts going. CP through rng boxes only was pretty lame, but if it's only available through pve, then it really is game over.
    Shayde@Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    If that's true and the same stat types are not available through vendor it will be the end of the pvp playerbase entirely and they'll have to merge EU/US servers just to get any warfronts going. CP through rng boxes only was pretty lame, but if it's only available through pve, then it really is game over.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-question.html

its almost to the bottom of the first page,"3.0 bolstering question" thread. the guy points out some huge questions that need to be answered.read the whole thread.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Ascendant

As of right now, pvpers and pvers are both facing a 15k cap on dungeon currency. With boosts I think you can hit this playing "exclusively" one type, without I think you have to burn all 14 charges and pick up some from other sources (other than the 4 zone event weekly I haven't seen another source yet).

Both pvpers and raiders will have to at least tag zone events to hit the void stone cap each week. Neither group is going to end up with synergy crystals/essences otherwise.

No word yet on what, if any, bolstering may happen with regards to essences, because it looks like the very topmost tier of essences requires what I'd call an "unreasonable" level of pve (compared to a halfassed rep grind or tagging events)

Also, PvP random start rewarding marks beginning at level 61, since the charges are shared across the entire level range, don't burn them early. They also do reward a small amount of raid marks.
    Last edited by Caldern; 10-06-2014 at 11:51 AM.

I would just like to clarify your confusion OP.

Yes, in fact, Rift is still a fail.

/thread
    I have been tainted.

Stop QQing.
    Probably for the overpowered trinkets procs etc. Yes, the stats may change, not procs. And, we already know they have been letting at least one go (after a failed attempt to nerf) for a while.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast