+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 84
Like Tree72Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rift still a fail?

  1. #31
    Ascendant butkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    You aren't earning PvE marks you are earning gear progression marks. You are PvPing earning gear tokens that make you stronger in PvP. Congrats, that is called progression.

    Our PvP gear before was only good in PvP but now it is useful in multiple areas yet you complain. If you don't do anything else besides PvP it still works there so it shouldn't have any bearing on you at all what else it can be used for. For those that engage in multiple aspects of the game it is a good thing.

    There are valid PvP concerns going into 3.0 that I along with others have mentioned a few times yet you keep focusing on nonissues.

    I know that isn't going to sink in because you just don't get it but maybe someone else will.
    There you go again, partial truths and half *** comments. Let me brake it down for you one last time. When a player/pvper can skip any and all pvp activities, wfs’,cq, owpvp ect and jump into a raid and get the same but more of so called gear tokens, that in no way is pvp progression.say any kind of smart *** comment that you want,o that’s still progression your so dumb ect ect. We are talking about pvp progression not progression as a whole. Now add to that the fact that you cant get bis pvp gear by pvping,you HAVE to raid/pve. Is it progression sure it is,is it pvp progression hell no.


    “Our PvP gear before was only good in PvP but now it is useful in multiple areas yet you complain. If you don't do anything else besides PvP it still works there so it shouldn't have any bearing on you at all what else it can be used for. For those that engage in multiple aspects of the game it is a good thing“.

    For someone that “only pvps” you seem really happy with this change. You talk trash in one thread, telling me how good of a change this is. Then you go to another thread and state that you don’t like the change and wish it did not happen. Then after all that you come here and make it sound like you love the change. Remember when I said you flip flop on your comments and you said more dumb ****, well your doing it again.

    "I wish that were the case but would be really surprised if it were. Trinkets, essences and who knows what else will probably have better versions from PvE activities than PvP ones so no, I doubt that us full time PvPers will be able to hit the PVP gear cap/ceiling without PvEing. Would love to be wrong though...Baramos

    "Right and it is just called progression now. Before all of us full time PvPers only progressed in PvP and now we progress in PvP & PvE at the same time. Sounds like a win win situation."Baramos."
    Last edited by butkus; 10-03-2014 at 10:45 AM.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

  2. #32
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    There you go again, partial truths and half *** comments. Let me brake it down for you one last time. When a player/pvper can skip any and all pvp activities, wfs’,cq, owpvp ect and jump into a raid and get the same but more of so called gear tokens, that in no way is pvp progression.say any kind of smart *** comment that you want,o that’s still progression your so dumb ect ect. We are talking about pvp progression not progression as a whole. Now add to that the fact that you cant get bis pvp gear by pvping,you HAVE to raid/pve. Is it progression sure it is,is it pvp progression hell no.


    “Our PvP gear before was only good in PvP but now it is useful in multiple areas yet you complain. If you don't do anything else besides PvP it still works there so it shouldn't have any bearing on you at all what else it can be used for. For those that engage in multiple aspects of the game it is a good thing“.

    For someone that “only pvps” you seem really happy with this change. You talk trash in one thread, telling me how good of a change this is. Then you go to another thread and state that you don’t like the change and wish it did not happen. Then after all that you come here and make it sound like you love the change. Remember when I said you flip flop on your comments and you said more dumb ****, well your doing it again.

    "I wish that were the case but would be really surprised if it were. Trinkets, essences and who knows what else will probably have better versions from PvE activities than PvP ones so no, I doubt that us full time PvPers will be able to hit the PVP gear cap/ceiling without PvEing. Would love to be wrong though...Baramos

    "Right and it is just called progression now. Before all of us full time PvPers only progressed in PvP and now we progress in PvP & PvE at the same time. Sounds like a win win situation."Baramos."
    You just don't get it. Ignorance is bliss I suppose. Happy gaming.

  3. #33
    Ascendant butkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    You just don't get it. Ignorance is bliss I suppose. Happy gaming.
    o i get it just fine and i think its funny all you can do is say a dumb *** comment when your proved wrong,over and over again.now you will post more dumb **** in the hope that i fail to noticed your lack of a response to my last post.

    on a side note-wtf do you do all day,sit here on the rifts forums and post **** over and over again?
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

  4. #34
    Ascendant butkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    You just don't get it. Ignorance is bliss I suppose. Happy gaming.
    There you go again, partial truths and half *** comments. Let me brake it down for you one last time. When a player/pvper can skip any and all pvp activities, wfs’,cq, owpvp ect and jump into a raid and get the same but more of so called gear tokens, that in no way is pvp progression.say any kind of smart *** comment that you want,o that’s still progression your so dumb ect ect. We are talking about pvp progression not progression as a whole. Now add to that the fact that you cant get bis pvp gear by pvping,you HAVE to raid/pve. Is it progression sure it is,is it pvp progression hell no.


    “Our PvP gear before was only good in PvP but now it is useful in multiple areas yet you complain. If you don't do anything else besides PvP it still works there so it shouldn't have any bearing on you at all what else it can be used for. For those that engage in multiple aspects of the game it is a good thing Baramos".

    you only pvp right?like you claim-what other aspects of the game are you tlakign about?

    For someone that “only pvps” you seem really happy with this change. You talk trash in one thread, telling me how good of a change this is. Then you go to another thread and state that you don’t like the change and wish it did not happen. Then after all that you come here and make it sound like you love the change. Remember when I said you flip flop on your comments and you said more dumb ****, well your doing it again.

    "I wish that were the case but would be really surprised if it were. Trinkets, essences and who knows what else will probably have better versions from PvE activities than PvP ones so no, I doubt that us full time PvPers will be able to hit the PVP gear cap/ceiling without PvEing. Would love to be wrong though...Baramos

    "Right and it is just called progression now. Before all of us full time PvPers only progressed in PvP and now we progress in PvP & PvE at the same time. Sounds like a win win situation."Baramos."

    its good to be right
    Last edited by butkus; 10-03-2014 at 11:00 AM.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

  5. #35
    Rift Master GreatWhiteNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Butkus whatever you're smoking I want some

    You're honestly mad that you can either pvp or pve to progress....sounds like someone who needs their gear to be relevant

    We are concerned with pve grinds being mandatory for gear but crying because gear can be earned both ways is sad man

  6. #36
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    o i get it just fine and i think its funny all you can do is say a dumb *** comment when your proved wrong,over and over again.now you will post more dumb **** in the hope that i fail to noticed your lack of a response to my last post.

    on a side note-wtf do you do all day,sit here on the rifts forums and post **** over and over again?
    You have never proven me wrong, but whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. I sit in front of a computer at work so trying to save you from drowning in your own misplaced tears while getting paid for it is a nice combination.


    Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post

    its good to be right
    It is, hopefully you get to experience it at some point in your life.

  7. #37
    Rift Master Nantucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNinja View Post
    Butkus whatever you're smoking I want some

    You're honestly mad that you can either pvp or pve to progress....sounds like someone who needs their gear to be relevant

    We are concerned with pve grinds being mandatory for gear but crying because gear can be earned both ways is sad man

    I just hope they don't put too much important stuff behind pve walls. I would have loved to have one of those absorb trinkets, but there's no way I was going to raid to get one. Equal gear progression through pvp and pve sounds fine. Giving the raiders the advantage in all aspects of the game ruins the game for many pvp'ers.
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

  8. #38
    Champion DmgIncGM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    540

    Default Quotes

    They need an NPC named Rodney King in Tempest Bay right between where the PvP hall and PvE centers begin. He can periodically say, "Can't well all just get along?"

  9. #39
    Rift Master GreatWhiteNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
    I just hope they don't put too much important stuff behind pve walls. I would have loved to have one of those absorb trinkets, but there's no way I was going to raid to get one. Equal gear progression through pvp and pve sounds fine. Giving the raiders the advantage in all aspects of the game ruins the game for many pvp'ers.
    Yup and that's all our fears...butkus is upset that pvers will have the same gear he gets which is wrong . Pvp should be about skill not gear. As long as pvers aren't bis than I'm all for equal gear

  10. #40
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
    I just hope they don't put too much important stuff behind pve walls.
    The items from PvE are my biggest concerns as well. I, along with most of you wish that we could get all of our gear doing what we enjoy the most without being asked to partake in the other aspects of the game that we don't want to. I didn't do the pve grinds for the best enchants in 2.0 and I doubt I do a lot of pve to min/max in 3.0 either. That will probably mean that I won't have the best trinkets, essences and enchants and while that stinks, I will live with it as I have in the past.

    While it is nice to min/max, I will remain in the top few % without having a gear advantage. I honestly think that some of the QQ is from players who are afraid to admit that they won't be able to smash players in pve gear anymore. In the past, there have been times where gear and/or certain specs hid the skill of a player and part of that will be going away soon.



    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNinja View Post
    Yup and that's all our fears...butkus is upset that pvers will have the same gear he gets which is wrong . Pvp should be about skill not gear. As long as pvers aren't bis than I'm all for equal gear
    Edit - Saw this after posting.
    You nailed it.
    Last edited by Baramos; 10-03-2014 at 12:21 PM.

  11. #41
    Rift Master Nantucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    there have been times where gear and/or certain specs hid the skill of a player and part of that will be going away soon.
    Just when I boosted my reputation all the way up to mediocre, my true badness will be revealed once again......I guess I will be spending even more time at the local tavern......
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

  12. #42
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
    I guess I will be spending even more time at the local tavern......
    That is a fitting place for a proper Dwarf such as yourself.

  13. #43
    Ascendant butkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNinja View Post
    Butkus whatever you're smoking I want some

    You're honestly mad that you can either pvp or pve to progress....sounds like someone who needs their gear to be relevant

    We are concerned with pve grinds being mandatory for gear but crying because gear can be earned both ways is sad man
    gear dont matter in rift,right?

    so your concerned that pve grinds are mandatory for gear yet you come here and talk **** to me,when i argue the same fact.i know your trying to help your buddy out on here but you sound dumb.alos if you really want to include skill/gear in your argument i will be more then happy to take you one 1 vs1.that is if i ever log back into rift after they are done gutting pvp and the warrior class.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

  14. #44
    Ascendant butkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNinja View Post
    Yup and that's all our fears...butkus is upset that pvers will have the same gear he gets which is wrong . Pvp should be about skill not gear. As long as pvers aren't bis than I'm all for equal gear
    are you really that dumb?or do you just like to post dumb **** on the forums?a little of each maybe?

    "butkus is upset that pvers will have the same gear he gets which is wrong"

    no im upset that pvp progression has been removed and yes it has like i explained a few posts up.2nd- your statement should say that pvpers can get the same vendor gear as pvers. but pvers will have access to better more powerful gear by raiding and gesar up faster then people you just pvp.

    "Pvp should be about skill not gear"

    while i agree in part i also lol at that statement alot.skill in videos games,please.as i said in another post skill takes a back seat to what class spec you play.or do you really think the warrior class is better off then say rogues?

    "As long as pvers aren't bis than I'm all for equal gear["

    again back to the dumb *** comments,why?you do know that raiders/pvers will have bis gear,right?or are you and your boy Baramos just posting because you are mad you got killed in pvp?pvpers can not and will not have bis gear,you have to raid to get that.your boy Baramos has already stated that,yet you TRY and prove me wrong,lmfao.

    heres a few quotes from your friend,i would suggest reading them before you respond.

    ""I wish that were the case but would be really surprised if it were. Trinkets, essences and who knows what else will probably have better versions from PvE activities than PvP ones so no, I doubt that us full time PvPers will be able to hit the PVP gear cap/ceiling without PvEing. Would love to be wrong though...Baramos

    look like pvers will have a gear advantage over pvpers after all,you are against that like you stated right?so why **** with me about it?
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

  15. #45
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    no im upset that pvp progression has been removed
    Silly reason to be upset since it hasn't been removed.

    Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    skill in videos games,please.as i said in another post skill takes a back seat to what class spec you play.or do you really think the warrior class is better off then say rogues?
    Warrior has been the easiest class to play since launch.

    Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    again back to the dumb *** comments,why?you do know that raiders/pvers will have bis gear,right?
    What, the trinket, essences and runes? As long as the devs keep an eye on raid trinkets like they mentioned and nerf (if needed) in a timely fashion I am not worried. A lot of raiders/pvers don't enjoy rep grinds for enchants and essences just like us pvpers don't, but if you want to toss in bis essences/runes as well even though we don't know how they will stack up to pvp versions we can.


    Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    or are you and your boy Baramos just posting because you are mad you got killed in pvp?
    What does this have to do with anything?


    Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    pvpers can not and will not have bis gear,you have to raid to get that.your boy Baramos has already stated that,yet you TRY and prove me wrong,lmfao.
    I know you enjoy twisting my words around and don't pay attention to the live streams or what the devs post here but come on man.
    Last edited by Baramos; 10-04-2014 at 06:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts