+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: 3.0 pvp?

Default Archeage vs Rift

I have to admit during the time I have spent so far playing in Archeage, that the fundamental mechanics of pvp is done a lot better than how it is for Rift. However, like Rift the game does have its fair share of flaws. I am hoping the game will continue to get better overtime, although the future is still uncertain. On the contrary, what game doesn't have its fair share of flaws?

By taking everything to account, I would definitely agree the game may very well be enjoyable if you like open world stuff and very addictive if you like the crafting component as well. The game mostly revolves around crafting for the economy. Whence the open world pvp areas will always keep you on your toes, Open world done correctly gives the player high sense of freedom, which does not simply happen if everything is mainly instanced.

This means the game does not have a pseudo instanced environment like the one in Rift. One of the main highlights in this game would be doing things such as, trying to do trade pack runs with your guild or friends, towards a another continent. This is what I like to see in a game that markets itself around the open world experience, with a high emphasis on economy.

With all that's been said, one thing that does concern me is the big botting problem that is currently happening atm. In a way this current problem is a lot worse and a lot more game breaking then the queue problem that happened during the official launch. If it wasn't for this issue, I would definitely recommend that the game is worth a try. The instanced pvp is sub-par at best and what is very sad that the game went in the wrong direction with instanced large scale pvp in the past. There are many dead zones in Rift and now there will be even more new zones in 3.0.

TL;DR
    Play Archeage pvp is your thing. That is if Trion and XL Games get their **** together and sorry unlike Rift you can't key bind everything into 1 macro.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Quote Originally Posted by SpellwarriorX View Post
    Play Archeage pvp is your thing. That is if Trion and XL Games get their **** together and sorry unlike Rift you can't key bind everything into 1 macro.
    Ofc you can macro anything you want, just use 3rd party program such as keyboard/mouse macro.

Tip: If you want to PvP don't play AA, it's terrible. Even terrible* GW2 with its structured PvP is much better.

*GW1 was much better.

Yeah I do agree with what you said, if you like instanced pvp only stuff Rift is better than Archeage as long as the team sizes are something like 10~.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    -snip-
    all i hear is "i wanna kill undergeared folks while rolling with a premade".
    git gud.
    i wonder why the ranked 5v5 BG is so unpopular.... hmm... could it be??? pvp players dont want competition??!?!!!?!

real men practice dps on the pts and take down dragons, and dont waste time beating up weak players for blue dungeon gear.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    git gud.
    i wonder why the ranked 5v5 BG is so unpopular.... hmm... could it be??? pvp players dont want competition??!?!!!?!

real men practice dps on the pts and take down dragons, and dont waste time beating up weak players for blue dungeon gear.
    Wait. ... I thought ranked 5v5 was unpopular because of lack of rewards. Also are there not player made tournaments that people partake in? What would you have them do.... wait in Q for a couple hours while small population decides to form a second team.?

git gud.
    I think most of us that queue in groups would rather beat on a comparable premade if at all possible. In fact some of the most fun WFs have been against premades full of players we knew would pull their weight.

I imagine that if the best PvE gear came from something other than raiding, raiding would be as compelling as ranked 5's which offer no rewards other than you get to see a rating up until you leave. Not wanting competition is not the same as not wanting to do something for no rewards.

No. Real men can go beat on dummies in Tempest Bay on live servers, in their live gear and don't need to live out their fantasies on the PTS in unearned test gear.
    Arrass@Derpwood
    Harass@DeepWood

Anyway the new system is Great for those wanting to enjoy the game more...
    I'm a PvE player and i always want to involve myself to PvP content but the barrier or grinding it takes me to get those Myrm is just too much..i spend hundreds of hours grinding all my PvE stats(Gear,Runes etc) and dont wanna do it again...Just like Daglar said...We want players who plays the game get rewarded...

Anyway Doomgiver is bit right about PvP vs PvE..."im not saying ALL" but most PvPer i saw doing Tier 1 raids always die to your so called "Scripted" Telegraph Mechanics..anyway not gonna argue with the PvP QQers

wow when it comes to pvp everyone is so involved. I <3 it when the rift community is like this

Xgame@deepwood

Title known as: Xgame The Legendary Rogue

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Ofc you can macro anything you want, just use 3rd party program such as keyboard/mouse macro.

Tip: If you want to PvP don't play AA, it's terrible. Even terrible* GW2 with its structured PvP is much better.

*GW1 was much better.
    AA is also loaded with huge problems already with hackers, exploiting guilds, gold spammers, and bots. All things that Trion really can't address without XL getting involved, and XL pretty much let the game die in Korea and Russia without fixing those issues.

ok, so, raiding = memorizing scripts, while staying out of red, all the while taking massive damage.

plus, tanks have to hold aggro, dps has to make big numbers appear, and healers gotta keep everyone alive.

now, to pvp.

you queue for a warfront, solo/premade, whatever gets you hard, and proceed to hit stuff or heal stuff till it dies. you dont care about dps, you dont care about heals, you dont care about anything other than "we won" or "we lost".

you think it takes skill to pvp?
    wanna kill someone? just mash buttons, if you are LUCKY, the target will die.
    wanna heal someone? just mash some buttons, if you are LUCKY, he will survive.

you dont even have to stay out of any aoe or do anything more complicated than run around in random directions.

its even easier if you;re in a premade. just jump into the fray and spam your IWIN macro.
    i dont have time to farm CQ for r90, or i'd be wearing relic myrms today, rather than my current t2/t3 gear.

but yeah, i totally understand, pvp is SOOOOO HARD!!!! raiding is nothing but derping around AFK'ing while the boss magically drops dead (THANKS DAGLAR!!!) and drops a chest which awards EVERYONE with 2 relic items of their choice, while PvP players have to deal with rolling on only 2 items per warfront (which locks you out till next week) per week. its kinda sad
    If PvP is so easy, and it's so easy to form premades and "lawl spam macro until you win", why aren't you doing it?

Oh that's right. Can't handle CC/heal debuffs/mana and energy drains eh? I can teach you how to play.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    AA is also loaded with huge problems already with hackers, exploiting guilds, gold spammers, and bots. All things that Trion really can't address without XL getting involved, and XL pretty much let the game die in Korea and Russia without fixing those issues.
    AA is made by nctards the same company that made lineage 2 and aion. All of their games have botters, hackers, exploiters and gold sellers issues.

If you cant buy full items you can buy gold or mats and then you can craft yourself w/e you want.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Avelets View Post
    Guess I won't be giving you your name back now.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-rp-shard.html
    i like Avelets better. Maybe Avelettes would be more suitable?

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    If PvP is so easy, and it's so easy to form premades and "lawl spam macro until you win", why aren't you doing it?
    i prefer to fight fair, tyvm. if you're getting CC'd, its your fault, lawl.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItzCrooK2UxD View Post
    -politesnip-
    No. Real men can go beat on dummies in Tempest Bay on live servers, in their live gear and don't need to live out their fantasies on the PTS in unearned test gear.
    You completely miss the point of the PTS. its like tossing a ball at the side of a barn in Nebraska and having the ball hit your granny in Texas.

No wonder pvp'ers are so bad. they dont do proper practice.

I am zexy, and I will kill you in front of all your "friends" in any warfront. Talk more smack about how pvpers are noobs pls. QQ. That is all.

lmao, 10 characters

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast