+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: A Different View of "that" Live Stream

Default A Different View of "that" Live Stream

While everyone is jumping ship to other games that won't recreate the magic, I noticed something. Now I don't really watch that many live streams. I think the last one I watched was the one where they were giving away Hell Bugs. However, isn't it odd how hostile the guys running it were? Maybe it's normal to act frustrated towards your viewing player base when they ask repetitive questions. Still, I felt that there were some airs and graces about the direction the game is going. I don't appreciate watching professionals talk down to other people.

For example; There was a quip from a viewer about firing all the devs, and one of the live streamers became furious, had him removed from the steam chat, and threatened to have him banned from the game. It was done in a way that felt childish. As if to say, "hey, anonymous 12-42 year old white male, I am gifting you with amazing insight into this game that I work on professionally. How dare you threaten to somehow get me fired through rabble-rousing."

At the same time; without making excuses for unprofessional-like behavior, I don't know what it is like be these guys. I can see how it is one of those careers where you work your butt off and never really get to enjoy gaming like a lot of us do. One of those jobs where you aren't appreciated enough by your clients because you are perceived to have the keys to the virtual castle and you're above the concerns of us peasant-folk.
    Last edited by Fryday; 09-25-2014 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fryday View Post
    For example; There was a quip from a viewer about firing all the devs, and one of the live streamers became furious, had him removed from the steam chat, and threatened to have him banned from the game. It was done in a way that felt childish. As if to say, "hey, anonymous 12-42 year old white male, I am gifting you with amazing insight into this game that I work on professionally. How dare you threaten to somehow get me fired through rabble-rousing."
    Bill "Daglar" Fisher, the Rift Exective Producer is not afraid of losing his job because of what someone said he is sticking up for one of his employees that he knows is a hard worker.

They expected us to jump for joy when they announced that we MAY get one warfront at launch. Whilst pvers can expect six new dungeons and a raid, if I am not mistaken.

The juxtaposition of how they treat PvP vs. PvE is impressively tragic.

I named my scarecrow in AA daglar since I figured he would scare all the pvpers way from my crops.

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    They expected us to jump for joy when they announced that we MAY get one warfront at launch. Whilst pvers can expect six new dungeons and a raid, if I am not mistaken.

IDK, I think to invest as much into a "Mini" game as you do your bread and butter is kinda suicide, especially since no matter what they do they are hated for it, and generally unappreciated by that segment of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    I named my scarecrow in AA daglar since I figured he would scare all the pvpers way from my crops.
    In before someone makes this their signature

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    IDK, I think to invest as much into a "Mini" game as you do your bread and butter is kinda suicide, especially since no matter what they do they are hated for it, and generally unappreciated by that segment of the community.
    Because PvErs are beacons of sunshine and don't complain about anything ever. It's not like they are removing an entire aspect of CQ in order to appease the carebears... No no no no no!

PvE good, PvP bad!

Short and sweet; if they actually put half the effort into PvP as they do their dragons, I daresay this community would not be so bitter.

Because PvErs are beacons of sunshine and don't complain about anything ever. It's not like they are removing an entire aspect of CQ in order to appease the carebears... No no no no no!

PvE good, PvP bad!

Short and sweet; if they actually put half the effort into PvP as they do their dragons, I daresay this community would not be so bitter.
    MMOs evolve, either adapt or move along. Unless of course you're incapable of adapting, then just keep whining.

They have always said this was a PvE game and we are finally seeing them make concrete what they said. 3.0 looks like 2.0 but this time, they are telling us when PvE will have the advantage. In 2.0 they just dumped it on us, now we know what's coming because at each upgrade we will know what the raiders will have. They aren't doing anything different than they have, no apologiesthat PvE will have an edge at times, just this xpac we know what's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    MMOs evolve, either adapt or move along. Unless of course you're incapable of adapting, then just keep whining.
    What they are doing to PvP is quite the opposite in this context; they are taking steps backwards instead of forwards, this is unacceptable...

Going to keep throwing them under the bus and being "unappreciative" until they start giving a damn.

The entitled carebears know nothing of adapting, and no, coming into CQ at timer is not hard.

Not sure what Trion expects when they go out of their way to talk down to us and trivialize content that we enjoy.
    Last edited by ConclusionTheFirst; 09-25-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    They have always said this was a PvE game and we are finally seeing them make concrete what they said. 3.0 looks like 2.0 but this time, they are telling us when PvE will have the advantage. In 2.0 they just dumped it on us, now we know what's coming because at each upgrade we will know what the raiders will have. They aren't doing anything different than they have, no apologiesthat PvE will have an edge at times, just this xpac we know what's coming.
    Could have sworn that Daglar said "this isn't a PvP or PvE game" in a thread recently. But I suppose you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    You should rename your horse "Rift" so when it dies you can beat on it. Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Bill "Daglar" Fisher, the Rift Exective Producer is not afraid of losing his job because of what someone said he is sticking up for one of his employees that he knows is a hard worker.
    He voiced a opinion (maybe unpopular and in bad taste), that he has no control over making happen. I could see it if he had made s threat or consistantly using abusive langue.

Agree with OP, unprofessional and childish reaction. Trion has seen fit to give unlimited and more importantly, unchecked control...not surprising the way things are going. How many companies would allow anyone in any position, allow the "love it leave it" mentality, basically said to thier customer base?
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 09-25-2014 at 10:22 AM.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by VolitheBear View Post
    You should rename your horse "Rift" so when it dies you can beat on it. Kappa
    Thats the name of clipper since it sinks all the time.

Pirate guild should be trion.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 09-25-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Could have sworn that Daglar said "this isn't a PvP or PvE game" in a thread recently. But I suppose you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.
    Maybe 6-9 months ago, they had a brief period of complete candor. Daglar was talking about world PvP and said they do not have plans for doing anything in open world, they were aware of what cross faction guilding did to ow, and he summarized it all and said Rift was a PvE oriented game. I am not a fanboi defending them, I am saying they are going to follow the same path they always have, and that is to treat PvP as a side activity for PvE players to engage in. If Daglar is softening his position that this is a PvE oriented game as you say, then I would welcome that news. The trouble with that though is we already know they are simplifying our gear and they have given us the promise that PvE will have an advantage over pure PvP at tier upgrades. To me, it looks like a continuation of current policy with the only difference being they are giving us the heads up so we can PvE to minimize the gear gap at upgrades. I think PvP is essentially on autopilot, one freaking new map, simplified gear choices, not one innovative thing added to our side.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast