+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: A Different View of "that" Live Stream

  1. #16
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    He voiced a opinion (maybe unpopular and in bad taste), that he has no control over making happen. I could see it if he had made s threat or consistantly using abusive langue.
    Oh, I wasn't saying whether I agreed or disagreed with anything that happened in the stream. I was telling Fryday that Daglar isn't just a livestreamer, he is the man in charge of Rift and he said that to stick up for his employee and not because he was afraid of losing his job.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fryday View Post
    There was a quip from a viewer about firing all the devs. "hey, anonymous 12-42 year old white male, I am gifting you with amazing insight into this game that I work on professionally. How dare you threaten to somehow get me fired through rabble-rousing."
    Last edited by Baramos; 09-25-2014 at 10:52 AM.

  2. #17
    Rift Chaser Fryday's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Oh, I wasn't saying whether I agreed or disagreed with anything that happened in the stream. I was telling Fryday that Daglar isn't just a livestreamer, he is the man in charge of Rift and he said that to stick up for his employee and not because he was afraid of losing his job.
    That's exactly my point. He isn't afraid of losing his job. I personally don't know him professionally or as a fellow gamer. This is more of just an observation that the man in charge should still be respectful to the people spending their time watching his livestream.

    Pvp is a very popular aspect to themepark mmos and I really don't think that players who spend time in wfs just to have fun are a minority. At the same time, I understand the difficulty it must be to address issues with class balance and team dynamics on 2 fronts of content.
    Last edited by Fryday; 09-25-2014 at 11:35 AM.

  3. #18
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default

    I agree with much of what is said on this thread. At times the Rift team reminds me of the first Star Wars dev team. They got to involved with customer feedback and forms, ended up making so many bad player requested changes that the game fell apart.

    Forms are a vicious thing and I honestly believe not all devs should be reading this stuff.

  4. #19
    Ascendant Rheven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    All I got to say is...

    Wait for it....

    UNDERWATER CQ!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

  5. #20
    Rift Master ConclusionTheFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    All I got to say is...

    Wait for it....

    UNDERWATER CQ!
    I honestly would not be surprised if this happened.

  6. #21
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Bill "Daglar" Fisher, the Rift Exective Producer is not afraid of losing his job because of what someone said he is sticking up for one of his employees that he knows is a hard worker.
    He didn't get furious at all, his response was very matter of fact "people who call for the firing of our colleagues aren't welcome in our game".

    I don't see anything wrong with it.

  7. #22
    Champion Bluntmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    What they are doing to PvP is quite the opposite in this context; they are taking steps backwards instead of forwards, this is unacceptable...

    Going to keep throwing them under the bus and being "unappreciative" until they start giving a damn.

    The entitled carebears know nothing of adapting, and no, coming into CQ at timer is not hard.

    Not sure what Trion expects when they go out of their way to talk down to us and trivialize content that we enjoy.
    "taking steps backwards instead of forwards" - Your opinion

    "this is unacceptable" - for you

    "Going to keep throwing them under the bus and being "unappreciative" until they start giving a damn." - Better find a bus garage, gonna need a lot of buses.

  8. #23
    Rift Master ConclusionTheFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    "taking steps backwards instead of forwards" - Your opinion

    "this is unacceptable" - for you

    "Going to keep throwing them under the bus and being "unappreciative" until they start giving a damn." - Better find a bus garage, gonna need a lot of buses.
    "Your Opinion" - Which is supported by their livestream and Daglar's own words.

    "For You" - For a LOT of people.

    "Better find a bus garage, gonna need a lot of buses" - Do you have any recommendations?

  9. #24
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    It's the norm for the Livestreams. That combative tone is a recurring theme and it's always been a major turn-off. It's why I don't watch them generally, especially since Elrar left. The frequent refrain of "if you don't like the game, leave!" and various other things just strike me as extremely unprofessional. I remember Daglar once offering to ban someone who was threatening to quit so that they'd never be tempted to come back. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned but that sort of thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

    I realise that they take a lot of ****, but that's just part of the job and isn't carte blanche to be rude -- even when someone is rude to you. Hell I have to take phone calls from the raging parents of fully grown adults who got a bad grade. I'd probably get fired if I suggested that their child is dumb and should drop out. When you're representing something in an official capacity, and especially a private company trying to make money, you need to roll with the blows and keep smiling. If you can't, you might want to let someone with a bit more savoir faire handle those interactions.

    But like I said, that's why I don't watch them. A Different View of "that" Live Stream-sunshine_20.png

  10. #25
    Rift Chaser Fryday's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    It's the norm for the Livestreams. That combative tone is a recurring theme and it's always been a major turn-off. It's why I don't watch them generally, especially since Elrar left. The frequent refrain of "if you don't like the game, leave!" and various other things just strike me as extremely unprofessional. I remember Daglar once offering to ban someone who was threatening to quit so that they'd never be tempted to come back. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned but that sort of thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

    I realise that they take a lot of ****, but that's just part of the job and isn't carte blanche to be rude -- even when someone is rude to you. Hell I have to take phone calls from the raging parents of fully grown adults who got a bad grade. I'd probably get fired if I suggested that their child is dumb and should drop out. When you're representing something in an official capacity, and especially a private company trying to make money, you need to roll with the blows and keep smiling. If you can't, you might want to let someone with a bit more savoir faire handle those interactions.

    But like I said, that's why I don't watch them. Attachment 20224
    Thank you for this. You wrote better than I tried to.

  11. #26
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fryday View Post
    Thank you for this. You wrote better than I tried to.
    That's what I do.

    It's something that's hard to articulate, to be honest. We tend to be unaware of our social sensibilities since they're products of lifelong conditioning. When someone violates them it's usually the absence of some unconscious expectation we have -- in this case, "professionals" should be cheerfully stoic -- which is difficult to pinpoint and can make us uncomfortable. It's why so many people don't like the French, and why it's impossible to marathon-watch Curb Your Enthusiasm.

  12. #27
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    They expected us to jump for joy when they announced that we MAY get one warfront at launch. Whilst pvers can expect six new dungeons and a raid, if I am not mistaken.

    The juxtaposition of how they treat PvP vs. PvE is impressively tragic.
    Two raids I believe.

    But honestly, if they made ten new maps, most pvpers would just complain they didn't like half of them, and then complain they don't get the right ones for their weekly, recall out of any they really really despise, and then queue exclusively for codex (or some map that favors their class) while complaining that all the other maps suck.
    Pvpers are the hardest audience to make happy.

  13. #28
    Shield of Telara Necalli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    It's the norm for the Livestreams. That combative tone is a recurring theme and it's always been a major turn-off. It's why I don't watch them generally, especially since Elrar left. The frequent refrain of "if you don't like the game, leave!" and various other things just strike me as extremely unprofessional. I remember Daglar once offering to ban someone who was threatening to quit so that they'd never be tempted to come back. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned but that sort of thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

    I realise that they take a lot of ****, but that's just part of the job and isn't carte blanche to be rude -- even when someone is rude to you. Hell I have to take phone calls from the raging parents of fully grown adults who got a bad grade. I'd probably get fired if I suggested that their child is dumb and should drop out. When you're representing something in an official capacity, and especially a private company trying to make money, you need to roll with the blows and keep smiling. If you can't, you might want to let someone with a bit more savoir faire handle those interactions.

    But like I said, that's why I don't watch them. Attachment 20224
    Very well put. I understand that being attacked daily by the very people that are supporting your paycheck is frustrating and almost impossible to deal with at times. However, what the gaming community gives out is nothing compared to say...medicine. Once you involve someone's health or a loved one's health, things get to be very messy very fast. Throw in the fact that an individual may be under the influence of mind altering medications or drugs and a little confusion and you're going to have a wretched day.

    That being said, I cannot fault him for protecting his staff. That was the proper move, though the attitude may have been off.

    I feel that this maybe one of those situations where it may be best to leave these kind of activities to the individuals who are hired to handle the community.

  14. #29
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    106

    Default

    I don't get all the idiots whining... especially the ones that continually do so although they are RESIGNED that nothing will change for them to satisfactory levels..

    It is not rocket science...

    IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE SERVICE?

    CHANGE THE PROVIDER...
    The Guardians - UO RIP 2000
    Lagged Again - Lancelot- DAOC RIP 2003
    ----------------------------
    Pioneers of Competitive PvP.

  15. #30
    Plane Touched Xgame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Stop whining and lets play there end of thread
    Last edited by Xgame; 09-25-2014 at 11:54 PM.

    Xgame@deepwood

    Title known as: Xgame The Legendary Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts