+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: low pop

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Trion has great ideas, but the implementation always seems to fall short.
    Lately, Trion has more bad ideas.
    Game is less and less enjoyable since RNG pvp boxes got introduced.
    Last edited by Morwath; 09-22-2014 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Yea if in any way rng is involved via lock boxes I'll be done rift. Worst decision in the history of the game

I never did CQ at 60 until a few months ago because I just never liked it that much. But there is gear I couldn't get anywhere else so...

Most of my PvP time is in WFs. I like PuGs. I don't like dungeons all that much. For one thing my PvP gear was always useless there which was a continual slap in the face I generally ignored thinking about. Now? Well the way I see it any advance in PvP ranks will be cosmetic with no reward other than personal satisfaction. Big boss drops will give the BIS gear and weapons which in PvP may or may not be bolstered down adequately. So that PvPers with thousands of hours invested will not feel so gimped?

You may HAVE to do raids and dungeons to get your needed weekly marks or whatever they will call them or fall even further behind raiders. For me I focus on foraging, open world quests, crafting and WFs. I have little time or inclination to add dungeons into the mix. The only good thing I can say about 3.0 from where I am sitting right now is: Thank god Conquest is going UNDERWATER!

Please put Blighted Disaster underwater too. Least we could swim up to the spire!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    In 3.0 I will still have character progression and I imagine I will still have fun, so unless something else changes, I don't get it.
    Im sure most of us will have fun with 3.0, question is how long.

I see two ways this can go,

1.) Everyone who does both Pve and Pvp is done way to fast with his progress/gear.

2.) The grind is way bigger then we had it in the last 2 years, because a.) F2P and b.) Content isnt falling from the sky. Screwing both Pve and Pvp players.

Im pretty sure for me, after the first weeks, the outcome of this will make or kill the 3.0 fun.
    Last edited by R3db4ss; 09-22-2014 at 06:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

Ok butkus, we can go over my comments to you. There are legitimate concerns moving forward to 3.0 for us PvPers and we need to be focusing on them. We both like pvp and are in this together so hopefully we can use the time and energy to address actual concerns instead of fighting among ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    since the announcement of the removal of any and all pvp progression
    can you link me to where you read this?
    This was my original comment to you because you are spreading misinformation. Why do I care? Because when people start rumors other people believe them and moral goes down. If less people are playing then less people are paying and that isn't healthy for any game I enjoy. There is still obviously progression in PvP which as an added bonus for some is ALSO progression in PvE. For you to say there isn't progression in PvP you are 100% wrong, no other way to spin it.

spend countless hours raiding to get bis gear to run wfs with.yup thats sounds like a kick *** time to me.
    My response was that the BIS gear from PvE raiding will be reverse bolstered.

That BIS raid gear is going to get reverse bolstered...
    bolstered down you say,yeah sure.let me put it to you this way before i put your *** on ignore
    This is where YOU started cussing and talking smack, try not to put that on me. I disagreed with what you were saying, but you are the one that started "talking smack" as you put it.

raid gear will be blostered down somewhat but it will still be far better/stronger then vendor/pvp gear.
    I pointed you in the direction of what Daglar said. When it comes to reverse bolstering even if things change making raid drops more powerful than token gear, I don't see them being "far superior/stronger" like you claimed. For the record, I would be very annoyed if any items acquired from PvE that are reverse bolstered were better than token gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I believe it is equal to. The values we are using are all in flux and will continue to be adjusted.
    ~Daglar
    Of course things are subject to change, but hopefully the Devs can see that the top end best in slot gear acquired from PvE raiding is already best for world pvp and pve so it has no business being the best in slot for instanced pvp as well. For the item slots that are covered by reverse bolstering, if we find out that the best in slot items acquired from pve are still best in slot for pvp after reverse bolstering, then we can bring out the pitchforks.

after the crap that came out of your mouth...
    you just continue to talk trash...
    yet you did not say jack **** about it once i proved you wrong...
    i can see you coming for a mile away talking trash...
    Once again, it is you talking trash and I am just repeating what has been told to us so far.

yes it does and ty.as i said theres a top-middle and bottom.i posted my source and the pvers just simply "overlook" it and fail to respond.
    Not a PvEr but I posted multiple times that there will be a certain range of ilevel gear that will be found in warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Trion has great ideas, but the implementation always seems to fall short.
    On paper in theory I think we have we have been told is ok so far, but like you said, it all comes down to implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNinja View Post
    I get your fear about open world pvp
    Nods, that is one of my main concerns as well. For whatever it is worth, my guild had the first 8 Annihilators (world 3rd here) so open world pvp to me is important.
    Last edited by Baramos; 09-22-2014 at 06:57 AM.

Agree with that....didn`t say all ideas, just some ideas...lol
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Much appreciated Baramos, your patience and eloquence are admirable.
    Last edited by Avind; 09-22-2014 at 07:05 AM.

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

I learned to enjoy MMO PvP in a game that didn't have separate PvP gear, Dark Age of Camelot. Yes, the players who did dungeons had the best gear. Yes, some of them used their super-gear for evil. But others used the gear for good. If you knew you were going to face a raid-geared player in PvP you brought help, because a dogpile almost always worked.

To me Rift PvP means a lot more than just gear. It means recognizing specs and coming up with effective counter-specs, knowing when to fight and when not to fight. It means putting up a good fight in the gear you have and being able to escape when needed. And above all, it means showing some personal character win or lose. It's still just a game after all. A lot of the complaining I'm reading is from players known, quite frankly, for their lack of character in the game and on the forums. It wouldn't surprise me if there's some high-fives happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Avind View Post
    Much appreciated Baramos, your patience and eloquence is admirable.
    You're welcome, I just hope that we can get an end product that most of us are all happy with. I would like to say a product that we are all happy with, but that will never happen in any game, especially the PvP side of it.

Until we can get some definite answers to some of our questions, there are going to be a lot of misunderstandings due to different interpretations. I try to error on the side of common sense and give Devs the benefit of the doubt, but that doesn't always work out. I have a feeling that we will get more info today now that the weekend is over and the Devs are back in the office.

Not all but my top 3 concerns...

• Gear acquired from pve raids being the best in slot in open world pvp. I don't see this changing so we might have to bite the bullet. On the other hand, there will be a lot more players out in the open world so while I know I will be undergeared compared to some, I will welcome the additional people playing outside of the city.

• Gear slots that aren't covered by reverse bolstering and how big of a differential there is going to be between them and the versions that can be acquired by only pvping. Mainly looking at you essences and trinkets.

• The ilvl gap between items from raids that are reverse bolstered and the stats from token gear. Best in slot raiding gear is already best in slot for pve, duels and open world pvp so it definitely should not be best in slot in instanced pvp.

Things that don't concern me...

• Other players who engage in more aspects of the game gearing up faster than me. Right now the players who do CQ more than me have a gear advantage over me because they have relics and I don't. I have never received a RIC as a drop and a lot of players who engage in CQ frequently have better gear than me and I am fine with that. I will eventually get the token gear but if someone wants to pvp and pve in 3.0 and gear up faster, more power to them.

• Small gear gaps. I only did one rep grind to exalted for the +35 stat in Storm Legion and one other for the +18 stat. Other players did more pve than me and received better stats in return and while I am not a huge fan of it, I am fine with it overall. I wish there was a comparable rune alternative for every slot that we could acquire from pvp actions, but I don't see that happening so I will live with it.
    Last edited by Baramos; 09-22-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Ascendant

Pop was dwindling ever since the launch date announcement, not just starting with the PvP stream.

Also, if raiders really are the "1%", is one out of every 100 people(4 warfronts on average) really going to wreck your experience?

good stuff
    Baramos man you got the patience of a saint or Gandhi or something.

I understand being concerned about how exactly this pve bolster stuff is actually going to be implemented but until 3.0 gets here and we can all see for sure all we can really do is go by what the devs have said and hope for the best.

What makes me shake my head the most is all the fuss about ranks, they never meant anything other then you've played a lot of wf's or did a ton of cq. With gear restrictions being gone from the ranks and of course if the bolster works well this should be the most even pvpers have ever been which is what ive seen called for for freaking years here.

If you look through the past pvp posts you'll find a ton of them asking for ranks and crap to be just for fluff and let the actual gear have no restrictions other then grinding the currency for them and when Trion finally moves in that direction its like the world is ending for some people.

ffs they cant win, I am amazed they even bother trying.

I am not saying there are not valid concerns here, there are but we are all playing the waiting game now. I hate having to pve for bis runes and what not but Ive accepted ill have if I want them a long time ago. I have always been in favor of bis pvp stuff comes from pvp, bis pve from pve and that's never going to change, but at some point you have to accept the realities of Rift or move on.

If 3.0 get here and pvers gear even bolstered down gives them a advantage in pvp ill be among the first to be up in arms about it, but im still hoping the bolster down works well and they will be even to whatever the top gear earned via pvp is going to be.

As far as people doing multiple content in rift gearing up faster more power to them, if ya do more you get more. It isn't going to make me pve any more then I have to for runes and ill get the top gear I can via pvp eventually.
    Last edited by Xillean; 09-22-2014 at 08:25 AM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post

If 3.0 get here and pvers gear even bolstered down gives them a advantage in pvp ill be among the first to be up in arms about it, but im still hoping the bolster down works well and they will be even to whatever the top gear earned via pvp is going to be.
    Right there with you, hopefully the devs agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    As far as people doing multiple content in rift gearing up faster more power to them, if ya do more you get more. It isn't going to make me pve any more then I have to for runes and ill get the top gear I can via pvp eventually.
    My thoughts exactly.

Right there with you, hopefully the devs agree.

My thoughts exactly.
    See the second part is somewhere that I disagree on. Someone who does crafting or grinds a ton of pve shouldn't have an advantage in pvp. The grinds in 3.0 need to be tied to both and let the players decide how they want to grind not do this pve grind or suffer and vice versa.

This gives the player the choice to grind one or the other or mix up both for people who enjoy both

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNinja View Post
    See the second part is somewhere that I disagree on. Someone who does crafting or grinds a ton of pve shouldn't have an advantage in pvp. The grinds in 3.0 need to be tied to both and let the players decide how they want to grind not do this pve grind or suffer and vice versa.

This gives the player the choice to grind one or the other or mix up both for people who enjoy both
    I agree, there should be daily/weekly cap.
    So people who doesn't want to do both, won't have to do so without falling behind.

I agree, there should be daily/weekly cap.
    So people who doesn't want to do both, won't have to do so without falling behind.
    My biggest concern is the rep grind for lessers and runes both of which were brutal in sl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast