+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: low pop

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    There is room in between the top and bottom for gear differentiation, it just eliminates the outliers.
    This might help Butkus' case

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    . . . I know the sky isn't falling like you seem to think it is? I am a full time PvPer and would be the first person upset if I felt like PvPers were getting screwed over in 3.0
    As a full-time pvper, it would be logical to assume you would be a bit upset over the 3.0 changes. Prestige used to hold value. I have been asked and asked others, "What's your PR?" more times than I care to count. Sure, they increased the rank cap to 100, but what does that really mean? It is purely cosmetic in the new expansion. P90 meant you could finally have a myrmidon weapon and complete your gear set. P90 indicated that you invested a lot into your character and improving their rank so you could have the best gear on the battleground. It's great that you don't think the sky is falling, it really is. For some of us, it means that we have to go to another game because Trion knows no other language than number of active players and the cash they're spending on the game.

Prophet of Telara

Really? Over a million PvP kills and I have never done a dungeon/raid outside on the live servers. Anyway, believe what you want I couldn't care less trying to explain something to someone who only wants to believe what they want to. Best of luck.

The sky is not falling.
    Only if Daglar makes the relic gear acquired through pvp and if he does that it will probably use the same system it uses now where it shoves everyone into cq for the RICs, or the DIS to DIC conversion which takes a person over a year as a patron to get max relic gear. And you can count on it being p2w/p2p.

Now if you are saying well you can do well half geared or even naked you are right but that is not what the argument is about.

Rift 1.0 set us up for:
    Dungeon/Raid Gear Vendor
    World PvE vendor
    PvP Vendor
    Result: Crossover failed

Rift 2.0 set us up for no cross over:
    Multiple Gated PvP gearing though massive mark turn ins, rng loot, insanes amount of favor needed, DIS for DICs, multiple marks, rep grinds for best in slot pvp trinket which ends up nol being bis for 3/4th of SL, etc. etc. etc. That pretty much locked pvpers into pvp.

Daglar actually tried to go cross over. If it wasn't for pvpers begging for about 3 weeks for him to give us RICs through CQ he would have probably forced everyone to pve for bis pvp.
    Result: Crossover failed

Rift 3.0
    Best in Slot is mostly acquired through Raiding. PvEers can choose to do pvp for faster progression.
    Result: Crossover fail
    Last edited by Planetx; 09-21-2014 at 06:32 PM.

I couldn't care less
    now here's a frood who really knows where his towel is

Quote Originally Posted by Purrr View Post
    Now they are all geared with BiS and descend into PvP to rule better and stronger than they did before.
    At least we KNOW they pulled their weight and earned the gear, and didnt walk around afk sniffing roses in a WF.
    Last edited by Bluntmaster; 09-21-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxicalFox View Post
    As a full-time pvper, it would be logical to assume you would be a bit upset over the 3.0 changes. Prestige used to hold value.
    I look for a few things when playing games but the two more important ones are character progression and having fun. The only "value" that prestige had before was a time sink and not an indicator of anything. I have met many Rank 90s who weren't that good at PvP or even understood basic tactics in PvP. On the other side, I have met many new players who were low rank who "got it". In 3.0 I will still have character progression and I imagine I will still have fun, so unless something else changes, I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    now here's a frood who really knows where his towel is
    My friend did a towel with him when we watched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in the theater.
    Last edited by Baramos; 09-21-2014 at 06:45 PM.

I don't see how others can't see what is going on really. They took out cq power. Something that raiders and pve'ers hated to maintain. It is quite obvious what is going on.

My friend did a towel with him when we watched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in the theater.
    A man after my own heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    At least we KNOW they pulled their weight and earned the gear, and didnt walk around afk sniffing roses in a WF.
    Lmao, this is funny considering you could just get carried through a raid eventually and if you payed the top guilds to do it for you they may throw you the best in slot relics for a price. How do you think pdkp works?

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    I have played this game since day one. I have altered and changed to fit w/e new system they have put in place. But I would have never played this game for 3.5 years if I had to do raids/dungeons. FFF raids, that is not being stubborn, that is not what I want from a game. There are a ton of games out there that will not force me to raid in order to pvp or suffer the consequences if I do not. I have not changed my mindset for what I want out of a game. Trion is the one that is drastically changing the rules after 3.5 years.
    What's funny is none of you had an issue when pvers were forced to do some pvp to keep buffs, you actually welcomed it to roflstomp them in your "superior gear", now the shoe is on the other foot, and youre crying its "not fair".

Yes we totally understand that if you had to pull your own weight and perform to standards you might not have played this game for 3.5 years.

Prophet of Telara

What's funny is none of you had an issue when pvers were forced to do some pvp to keep buffs, you actually welcomed it to roflstomp them in your "superior gear", now the shoe is on the other foot, and youre crying its "not fair".

Yes we totally understand that if you had to pull your own weight and perform to standards you might not have played this game for 3.5 years.

You must have been a raid logger, it was like two minutes to keep up cq power. Also, pvpers were not the reason why cq power stayed in the game. The devs balanced most of the nstances to include it. Also, they changed the decay rate a few times for raiders. Logging in once a week in cq was hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Lmao, this is funny considering you could just get carried through a raid eventually and if you payed the top guilds to do it for you they may throw you the best in slot relics for a price. How do you think pdkp works?
    Like you said "Eventually" and that's after a large margin of geared players have the raid on farm.

However you can afk your entire stay in Rift in pvp from day one, getting carried every game not doing jack and still get bis.
    Last edited by Bluntmaster; 09-21-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Shield of Telara

Again... I DO NOT LIKE CQ. Who said I had no issue with pvers that were forced to do CQ? I usually do not troll these forums unless there is something I am unhappy with. I did not think it was right to force pvers to do CQ for CP or when the BIS trinket came from CQ marks. I felt bad for them, I have some friends that only raid and I remember how upset they were about this (oddly many of them have quit the game). But I am not going to go to the forums and throw a hissy fit on their behalf. That is their fight not mine, they can argue the reasons why it is not right better than I can since I am not in their shoes.

Trion did not listen to the pvers and correct the issues right away. I am sure trion is going to put this new system in place, but I feel after all the time I have invested that I will at least say my peace about this. And when Oct 8th comes around I will no longer pvp in this game. I do know I will log on because I do have friends and I do like dimensions. But I will begin my search for a game that suits my play style better (if anyone has any good suggestions you can PM them to me :P ). Just like when trion forced many pvers from the game by forcing them to do CQ, forcing PvPers to raid to stay competitive will drive some more away.

And I do want to pull my own weight, that is why I am upset now. Because if I do not raid it will hinder my gear progression, hinder me from pulling my weight in WFs.
    Last edited by Manasha; 09-21-2014 at 10:30 PM.

The uber raid drop gear is going to be reverse bolstered in most situations. What are you concerned about, essences and trinkets? We don't even know what the options full time pvpers will get in those cases.

Never attacked you *shrugs*
    Added detail on PvP gearing, the sky may not have completely fallen: http://riftgrate.com/2014/09/18/rift...eptember-2014/

Those of us that have played since Beta remember when the PvE shoe was on that foot...Hammerknell gear moped the floor with PvP gear for months and the weapon procs were completely overpowered. We remember all too well, thus the backlash now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast